I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked ours up b/c we never go. It is $16.99 adult and $15.49 for kids for the 9:30am showing of lion king this morning. ...hence why we never go to movies. :scared:

Yeah its too expensive for me. Ill wait for them to get released on BluRay and rent it. In NYC we would only go like twice a year. SO had to see the Star Wars movies opening night and it was $29 a ticket! we bought Met game tickets for $7 before lol. Im a yankee fan, but since Met tickets were so cheap we went a few times lol.

I just saw that and was coming to update my post!

If you fly United and have some Apple purchases planned, today is a good day to shop!

I used the southwest portal to get VGC's from Giftcards.com It tracked last time I did that.

Less interestingly, there's an Amex Offer for CrateandBarrel.com (Online Only) - Spend $100+, get 2,000 Membership Rewards Points or $20 back at CrateandBarrel.com.

Not valid for e-gift card purchases, but I've had physical gift cards track. I've been able to sell C&B GCs on Raise for about net $82. @Albort may be able to get better rates.

Are those the pony-sized horses?! They’re about as cute as a highland cow!

Fun facts I learned in Iceland a couple of years ago. The pony sized horses are actually horses. Calling them a pony will get you a lecture on their history and importance to the country. Learned that the hard way. Iceland is Uber strict regarding their Icelandic horses and do not allow other breeds to be imported. Icelandic horses carry virtually no diseases. If an Icelandic horse is exported it is never allowed back in the country. They have 5 gaits and we got to experience their unique gait which is unlike anything Ive ever experienced riding a horse.

Forced perspective needed to be utilized whenever Clegaine was riding a horse during Game of Thrones filming in Iceland because his feet touch the ground while straddled. LOL

Last edited:
Bought 2 $500 giftcards from giftcards.com through the southwest shopping portal. Cost $17 in fees. Plan is to get two MOs for another $2 in fees. This will net me 2500 southwest miles and 1000 Hyatt points. (Still working on maxing the 15k)

I did this for both SO and I. So I really got 5,000 southwest points and 2,000 Hyatt for a total of $38 in fees and now I have 5k left until another free Hyatt night.

I think many 4yo's are ready to go to the theater BUT it needs to be the right movie. Toy Story 4 could keep most 4yo's attention but The Lion King is much slower, darker and intense. I'd start with a movie more like Toy Story and see how it goes :)

Agreed! We brought our 3.5 yo to TS4 as her first movie. She did great (except staying for the credits, which is too much to ask of me many times), but I would not bring her to the Lion King. We may take her to Frozen 2 later this year, but the previews are making me a little nervous. I will have to wait for reviews to come out to decide.

I have been stalking a flight for December for 3 months now and the price finally dropped $100 per person! The only thing is it is still about $75 more per person than I would normally spend. I don't see it dropping that amount completely, maybe $40 at most.

I am torn if I should book now because I do not want to waste URs. Am I crazy to wait thinking I could save at most 8,000 URs?! I guess the worst outcome would be it goes back up $100 per person and then I am out 20,000 URs.

I don't know what to suggest as my flights for December were crazy compared to our past trips (and my preference). I bought when they went under $500 pp after months of watching and seeing prices at almost $600 pp. :oops: I did make the mistake of booking just after Thanksgiving, but it is so late that it was hard to avoid. Just two years ago I wouldn't have purchased anything over $300 but not everything seems to b closer to $400 for most dates. I admit I am picky about flight times and avoiding layovers, so I am not making things better for myself.

After moviepass died we kinda just stopped going to the movies. We went from going 3x a week to like 3x every 6 months lol we just wait and rent movies for a few bucks.
We get a lot of movies on DVD for free from the library! I can request them online and pick them up when they are ready. Being retired has its benefits - our local theater chain has $5 Tuesdays so if we wait a few weeks from release date we can see movies in a near empty theater on Tuesday afternoon.

Need to log in to DHs Barclays AA Biz account and message them about the employee card bonus points.. but I'm scared to try after locking it out last time lol

Decisions, decisions...DS needs a laptop for school. I can get the MacAir on the Apple site for $999 plus a free Beats headphones valued at $349 or I can get the same laptop on Best Buy for $849 or NewEgg for 847 (plus I have the 30% off offer). Any thoughts?

Hmmm Id probably do Newegg. Just because I have headphones and I have never flown United so that’s not very useful to me.

The latest remodel I've seen in my store has all new types of shelving in the aisles and table displays. I think they want to try and make Target look like a department store when really it is big box store. I find in my stores that these displays get thrown and dumped on and it is actually hard to find the price of an item if it is not labeled on the actual box (probably what Target wants 😒). Couple this with what definitely seems like cuts to the staffing (cashiers and sales floor employees) and my stores aren't bouncing back as fast. I also miss the days when Target did overnight replenishment. All my stores are either early morning or day side replenishment. Nothing like navigating the store with new white shelves, giant red hand baskets, and metal carts full of cardboard and pallets of products getting stocked to invite you in. Maybe this format is working for some stores, but I find it has discouraged me from shopping around and adding more things to my basket. 😞

The last remodel I liked was PFresh when fresh groceries were added. That happened in my stores around 2009/2010.

I HATE that they no longer stock over night. One of thr biggest complaints in our house. They'll fill entire aisles with stuff that needa to get stocked and then you can't buy anything from there. Fine if you have to stock during hours but keep it in the back til you need it so people can still shop. Maybe I should start taking pics and tweeting at them :rotfl2:

I didn't think I got the 30% Newegg offer b/c when I tried to add it, the site was glitchy and I was at WDW so I didn't remember to go back and try again. Well I just saw it did end up on one fo my cards, just not one of DH's.

DS9 wants a Nintendo switch for Christmas. This is nuts b/c he got one 2 years ago and then sold it a few months later. :sad2:

I see it for $299 with a $35 Nintendo shop egiftcard on Newegg and can get the 30% back for a total of $210. I'd really love to use the offer to attain some Dis GC though. Anyone think I should go for this deal or wait and see what comes out closer to Christmas?

ETA: I also have a $30/$100 Shipt offer. So I could wait for a deal at target.com on switch and order through shipt to stack deals that way.

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions...DS needs a laptop for school. I can get the MacAir on the Apple site for $999 plus a free Beats headphones valued at $349 or I can get the same laptop on Best Buy for $849 or NewEgg for 847 (plus I have the 30% off offer). Any thoughts?
That is tough. If he needs/wants/will value the headphones, I'd say that deal coupled with the cash back portals right now is probably the best deal.

But if not, I'd go with the lowest oop which seems like Newegg.

AmEx offer on Biz cards for Xerox, spend $500 get $75, expires 10/15
This one looks like it's really only beneficial to business as all I see are the printers and printer supplies. I can't imagine too many people without a side hustle spending $500 at Xerox.

Thought I'd mention it since some here are actually businesses or work for one that could benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!