I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are desperately trying to change their image. The latest store remodels have the clothing, accessories and makeup areas looking more department store than discount store. They do have some cute clothes right now, especially dresses, but the price is higher than it should be for Target.

They are doing two of our stores now and I hate it. I've yet to talk with someone that likes the remodel. I go to target because it's a big box store that's enjoyable to shop at, I don't need or want it to be like a department store. There seems to be less clearance stuff so which annoys me. I used to always buy the C9 stuff on clearance and have only gotten 1 thing in the past year or so and I look every time. Plus the summer stuff got stickered instead of doing a holiday mass clearance so nothing went 90%. Not quite a week after the vineyard vines stuff went 70% it was already all gone so I didn't get anything because I couldn't make it before then and they didn't sticker it so I don't know why they pulled it so fast. I still get good deals but I don't buy as much or go as often as I used to. As long as I'm careful with sales and coupons I can do just as well at Fred Meyer but their prices are higher to start with on a lot of stuff so I've got to watch it or be ok paying a bit more since it's closer to home.

The dollar spots had good stuff but because of the remodel I'm not seeing all the stuff that gets posted on the blog I follow. Going tomorrow on the hunt for a spiral notebook in the school supplies that has balloon animal dogs on the cover that she posted because I must have it. I did also get a cute Stitch t-shirt a few weeks ago. I'll take it with me to wear on the plane home and I won't feel like I need to buy anything new and over priced :)

Thank you so much, as always, @Lain. Ironically it's DH who has the Safeway account, not me. I just hate all this online stuff. Yes, we are working on the small MSR for DD's Gold AU card, which we can easily meet with our real grocery bills. I think she might be taking that card abroad in a week, but if she does I won't be able to use the deals anymore. I read it will give 4x now on restaurants out of the US, but I'm not sure about grocery stores. In any case I want to make sure she's covered in case something goes wrong with her Chase card so I'm telling her to take her Plat and her new Rose Gold. I was thinking about trying the VGCs at Safeway for a while now. There is one really close to us and I like the idea of getting 4x for stuff we only get 1x for now. I think we are going to slow down a lot and maybe not even have an MSR for a little while, so getting the 4x for places like Costco would be great. Thanks for the advice - I remembered that there were fraud issues with some of these cards so I've avoided them in the past.

Wow! Welcome to the old-timers club! :rotfl:
I'm looking forward to viewing your vlog!
Let me know what you think! It's the first one so we're still learning lol

They are doing two of our stores now and I hate it. I've yet to talk with someone that likes the remodel. I go to target because it's a big box store that's enjoyable to shop at, I don't need or want it to be like a department store. There seems to be less clearance stuff so which annoys me. I used to always buy the C9 stuff on clearance and have only gotten 1 thing in the past year or so and I look every time. Plus the summer stuff got stickered instead of doing a holiday mass clearance so nothing went 90%. Not quite a week after the vineyard vines stuff went 70% it was already all gone so I didn't get anything because I couldn't make it before then and they didn't sticker it so I don't know why they pulled it so fast. I still get good deals but I don't buy as much or go as often as I used to. As long as I'm careful with sales and coupons I can do just as well at Fred Meyer but their prices are higher to start with on a lot of stuff so I've got to watch it or be ok paying a bit more since it's closer to home.

The dollar spots had good stuff but because of the remodel I'm not seeing all the stuff that gets posted on the blog I follow. Going tomorrow on the hunt for a spiral notebook in the school supplies that has balloon animal dogs on the cover that she posted because I must have it. I did also get a cute Stitch t-shirt a few weeks ago. I'll take it with me to wear on the plane home and I won't feel like I need to buy anything new and over priced :)
I don't like the remodel either. No one does! My dd16 is a cashier at Target and all the customers complain and some yell at her (like she was responsible for making that decision...). Definitely not as much clearance, things are in weird places, most of the clothing is overpriced now, dollar spot is more merch that is $3 and $5 (rather than mostly $1), etc. I shop there plenty cause I get good deals with my dd's discount plus our store keeps sending me coupons to come in and see the new store. That will die down soon, I'm sure, but for now, it's helping me get good deals.

I'm gonna start a vlog...it'll be me in my recliner wearing the South Fayette helmet just yelling about churning stuff in an angry grandpa voice. I think it could really be a hit!

BACK IN MY DAY WE USED TO OPEN 3 BANK OF AMERICA CARDS AT A TIME UNTIL SOME IDIOT BLOGGER WITH A BOWTIE TRIED TO OPEN 10!
BACK IN MY DAY WE USED TO EARN 3X URs ON CIP WITH PLASTIQ UNTIL SOME JERK WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT USING IT TO BUY A TESLA.

There would be nothing of substance...just basically a ton of complaining about how great churning used to be, haha!
subscribe.gif

I don't like the remodel either. No one does! My dd16 is a cashier at Target and all the customers complain and some yell at her (like she was responsible for making that decision...). Definitely not as much clearance, things are in weird places, most of the clothing is overpriced now, dollar spot is more merch that is $3 and $5 (rather than mostly $1), etc. I shop there plenty cause I get good deals with my dd's discount plus our store keeps sending me coupons to come in and see the new store. That will die down soon, I'm sure, but for now, it's helping me get good deals.
Ugh, I also feel this way about Target. My local store has been remodeled so many times since the mannequins rolled out. I also get extremely annoyed that a majority of the things I buy are cheaper online. I used to go to Guest Service and price match half my order to Target.com. Now I basically only shop Target online and use the stores to return things. It is sad it has come to that. I used to LOVE walking through Target. It just isn't the same 😞

Ugh, I also feel this way about Target. My local store has been remodeled so many times since the mannequins rolled out. I also get extremely annoyed that a majority of the things I buy are cheaper online. I used to go to Guest Service and price match half my order to Target.com. Now I basically only shop Target online and use the stores to return things. It is sad it has come to that. I used to LOVE walking through Target. It just isn't the same 😞

I should start doing that.

I have a t-shirt that says I like long romantic walks down every aisle at target 😂 An old coworker used to ask on Friday's if I was going to target after work because I generally was. Then they remodeled that one. Now it's the other two.

Whoever is in charge is out of touch with any problems they think they have. Maybe it's the person that sank penneys which went back to how it was and is almost what it was.

I should start doing that.

I have a t-shirt that says I like long romantic walks down every aisle at target 😂 An old coworker used to ask on Friday's if I was going to target after work because I generally was. Then they remodeled that one. Now it's the other two.

Whoever is in charge is out of touch with any problems they think they have. Maybe it's the person that sank penneys which went back to how it was and is almost what it was.
I used to feel that way about Target too. I would go there to kill time while a kid was at an hour long activity just cause it was so fun to walk up and down the aisles. Not any longer :(

Yeah, that whole JCP deal was a disaster. I quit shopping there during all that. Much better now!

This is completely unrelated, but does anyone know where you can get cheap, lounge chairs? I'm talking the trifold ones that are super cheap. I've looked everywhere and can't find any under $40. My mom said she got hers at Dollar General but it was a couple years back. This is what I want:
View attachment 419058
Are these not a thing anymore?

I bought one at Target within the last year, if I'm not mistaken. My son wanted one to use in the (all dirt) back yard. I think he used it once and it's now folded up in his closet.
So we're still planning away at our Sedona/Pheonix/Grand Canyon trip for this Christmas break. Flights to Arizona over Christmas break? $500 a person. Flights to Arizona most weeks after Christmas break? $150 a person. UGH...I wish we had the opportunity to take dock or no pay days. :( To put it into perspective, I have to teach three weeks to make up the difference. It's a 24 hour drive from our house to Sedona. DH is ready to scrap the whole trip and try to go sometime in a few years. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work, especially because I called and already paid the Waldorf Astoria Biltmore for the resort credit and $100/$500 Amex offer. It wasn't a non-refundable reservation, but I don't want to mess with it regardless.
I am not sure what your plans are while in Sedona, but the Pink Jeep Tours are a ton of fun!

If I make the call for the 100k AmEx Biz Plat, do they automatically expedite it? I was going to wait until later to triple dip but realized now might be a good time with upcoming expenses?

ETA: Also, does the private line to Taylor still work?
I got mine last month. Left a message and a different person called me back. It was super easy to do I have her number PM me if interested
We're planning SeaWorld on the Thurs since my little ones have never been, plus my ds8 loves penguins and sharks! Fri I figured we'd explore the beaches, maybe a kayak ocean tour but not sure about that yet. We'll check out the Childrens Pool you suggested, thanks for that pic! I've read the tide pools are neat, so thought we'd try to find th hose too. Other than that hadn't really planned anything. We fly out on Sat so not a lot of time to do much then.

Thank you for the pizza suggestion, I love pizza but there's usually some many it's hard to know where to try in a new place!
Pizza Port was really good too. Tons of different local craft beers available
I did it at the regular register and it couldn’t have been easier! It was the one on rte 1 in Saugus.
How much did you load?
Anyone use the new Ibotta pay feature? I see 3% on bbb I was thinking could stack with the Amex deal but I’ve never used it.
It ends up being a giftcard and may not code as Bed bath. You can buy a bed bath gc online and use ibottas online shop feature for 2% back then hope you can buy a Disney gc in store

I have an new Amex offer for an additional 2x MR at Amazon.

NICE! It seems pretty widely available on my cards. I just added it to my BBP and made it a 4x MR at Amazon card.

But you can already achieve 4x MR or 5x UR on Amazon by buying gift cards at supermarkets or office supply stores, and get 5% off through a Prime credit card or a gift card purchased with the Target REDcard. I guess it’s good if you don’t want to run out of your way to pick up gift cards, and charging it on a credit card gives you more protection.

I doubt it’ll work on Prime Now (which is apparently coding as grocery for 4x MR).

I also see a cap of 1,500 MR earned on this offer, so it’s good for $750 of spend.

NICE! It seems pretty widely available on my cards. I just added it to my BBP and made it a 4x MR at Amazon card.

But you can already achieve 4x MR or 5x UR on Amazon by buying gift cards at supermarkets or office supply stores, and get 5% off through a Prime credit card or a gift card purchased with the Target REDcard. I guess it’s good if you don’t want to run out of your way to pick up gift cards, and charging it on a credit card gives you more protection.

I doubt it’ll work on Prime Now (which is apparently coding as grocery for 4x MR).

I also see a cap of 1,500 MR earned on this offer, so it’s good for $750 of spend.

trying to decide if I should buy VGC's from amazon to max this... It's not worth it to buy grocery gift card.

ETA with the fees id come out ahead by like $1 or $2 im skipping this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!