I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m debating running out but I think I’ll only go out to drop poor dd at the pool and pick her up. She looked so gross when I picked her up last night. Only good thing was not many people came because it was too hot and the pool is hot. Not sure this is worth $7.25/hour!

ETA: I did do a 7-day free hbo trial to watch season 2 of big little lies so at least I have something to watch:)

Yeah I’m going to run out and buy cereal and come back home lol. According to my thermometer, the humidity is currently at 97%. It’s 8:13 AM.

And yessss to BLL! I didn’t realize this week was the finale already. I need to find another Sunday night show.

Forgot to mention that I saw The Lion King last night!! I absolutely loved it. Fantastic cast, I thought they all sounded great! Billy Eichner and Seth Rohan were the perfect choices for Timon and Pumba. I would say the movie was about 80% a shot for shot remake of the original, which is how I prefer it. My only complaint was that Be Prepared was severely shortened and definitely not as good. I’m not sure why they did that.

Still catching up so it might have already been shared. Staples doing MasterCard no fee next week

ETA caught up and saw this was already mentioned. Planning to get one and test it out on plastiq for my mortgage. Then go back and get the rest if it codes as 1%.

Last edited:

@wendow They updated park hours at least for MK for aug 7th cause I just got an email that my sdmt fp was changed from 8-9pm to 810-910 pm. Parks open til 10 now with EMH 10 to midnight which makes me happy. Was able to change my fp to 9-10pm which works better for me and there were other times available so if you need some go grab them :)
I grabbed a SDMT for that weekend just in case. We haven’t been able to get a fp for it since we moved but looks like they added a bunch. Thanks!
Wait!!?? Are you in MK on the 7th? Us too! We have SDMT that morning. We'll have to see if we decide to stay for EMH. We usually do but being our first park day with 6 more to follow (and we always RD), I'm not sure we will go all out that first day lol. If you see us, say hi!
I miss you Aug 7th people by one day. I’m at MK on the 6th.

Looks like quite a few of us are going around the same time. We will be there the weekend of the 2nd - 4th. This year's work conference is the 5th and 6th in Orlando, YAY! So we are coming in the weekend before to enjoy the parks. If anyone spots us, please stop and say Hi. I'm short and have got red hair with a mind of its own and PlanePrincess is still growing out his long hair before his annual haircut and donation to Locks of Love.

Last edited:
Conversation starter: do you value simplicity at all? Do you think you would earn as many rewards with fewer cards but more focused spending or do you enjoy the chase of new bonuses? Do you value not having to log into several different accounts and remembering due dates or do you think this is just part of the trade-off?
I am trying to balance my love of points with my need for simplicity. I need to KISS in most things in my life to survive! This means when I choose a path to take (like say a cc to app for) then I try not to look at the million other deals suddenly popping up around me....(FOMO) and I focus on the deal I'm working on. (case in point,current Hilton offers) I can't get too complicated or I'll lose my mind.

I’ll also be there August 7-10 with my kids plus bonus daughter (DS’s GF). For parks, we’re only doing DAH on 8/8. Kids are going to US one day. Other than that we’ll be hanging out at SS and DS. And Ohana probably Friday night.

WM. It was my first time setting foot in WM in over 10 years!
Haha! I’m a Target gal myself. Did you load at customer service or a register? Do you mind telling me which one in MA it is?
Any last minute advice or recommendations for DL or San Diego? We leave today! Have ressies for BB Fantasmic dining package, WoC dessert party, and lunch at River Bell Terrace.
La Jolla on the way up or back from DL. I’ve never seen anything like it!!!! And MaxPass for DL

5k limit per card but you can have two active and do 10k total with two cards. I wouldn’t do MC at Walmart

You were by me today!
I was all the way down at Fort Belvoir, then shopped in Hybla Valley and went over to the Belle View shopping center on the way back by cutting off route 1 and down Beacon Hill Rd. I had forgotten how steep that road is. The only thing I didn't do was hit Krispy Kreme for the $1 dozen wyb a dozen. My waistline can't take it right now.

I was all the way down at Fort Belvoir, then shopped in Hybla Valley and went over to the Belle View shopping center on the way back by cutting off route 1 and down Beacon Hill Rd. I had forgotten how steep that road is. The only thing I didn't do was hit Krispy Kreme for the $1 dozen wyb a dozen. My waistline can't take it right now.

Idk where that is lol I’m still new around here lol

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm not entirely sure what I was attempting to accomplish with that comment other than open a dialogue and hear what others thought. When it comes to certain loopholes, it's good to think through the benefits and risks and hear what others are doing about it too. As an example, I know a lot of people here who have their sets strongly set on a 2020/2021 SW Companion Pass. If I were in their shoes, I might calm my CIPpy cup efforts until I accomplished that (but then again I might not...hard to put myself in their shoes, haha). At any rate, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this on their mind after the Amex clawback debacle.
I'm glad you posted those thoughts- bookmarked for future reference.... I'm still gonna try for #2 for us both when it's time.... but it's wise to remind everyone that this game has its risks....

Okay so Dh and I were talking and we both just said how much we loved Tokyo and want to go back. We already have enough points that we could fly business class again with ANA. He just said he wants to go in November of this year lol. I’m pretty sure there won’t be any award flights for that soon. We just want to go back and explore Tokyo without a strict itinerary. We loved walking the Shibuya area and yoyogi park. Do you guys think November is a no go with award flights? Is it too soon? Are we crazy?!!!

Crazy? Yes in the regular sense but no in the Churner sense as you can make it happen.

This is where my thoughts are. Ideally DH and I would both get CPs for 20/21. I have been trying to think through the ins and outs of that and the CIPpy Cup. We both could take one more drink before starting to apply for CP but I need to determine if that is wise. Or if the CIPpy would actually make more sense than 2 CPs. Lots to ponder. Thanks for bringing up the discussion.
I'm wondering the same for DH. He is up for CP. I need to ponder the timing. He only has CIP (#2) and CSR open with chase ATM. He can go for another CIP on 9/15 and SW biz 12/15 and another 3/15 but if I want to make sure the CP hits super early in 2020 I probably need to ditch the Sept CIP and do a SW 10/15 and another 1/15.

sooooo.... possibly @SouthFayetteFan or anyone else here.... if my bro has the no AF sapphire,which he pc'd to from the CSP, and he is planning to go for the CIP soon- he will need to PC that no AF sapphire back up to the CSP to use those ponts thru the travel portal,correct? And if so, timeline? I'd think first get the CIP,then PC the other back to CSP after that,right? and should he pay attention to the AF due date,or will it be calculated fro the date he PC's the card? (I forget,can you SM to PC,or need to call?) thanks

Idk where that is lol I’m still new around here lol

And I've been in and out of this area since 1977. But they keep building new stuff which sometimes changes my landmarks.

When we were here as military we used to shop at Fort Belvoir all the time because they had a decent commissary and a package store (wine and liquors). That was before Total Wine. I used to always go to Springfield Mall when it was new and still nice with all occupied stores and it was a thing to get lunch at Bennigans (probably gone). Never go there any more. Things change.

sooooo.... possibly @SouthFayetteFan or anyone else here.... if my bro has the no AF sapphire,which he pc'd to from the CSP, and he is planning to go for the CIP soon- he will need to PC that no AF sapphire back up to the CSP to use those ponts thru the travel portal,correct? And if so, timeline? I'd think first get the CIP,then PC the other back to CSP after that,right? and should he pay attention to the AF due date,or will it be calculated fro the date he PC's the card? (I forget,can you SM to PC,or need to call?) thanks

He can use the CIP to redeem the points at 1.25 through the travel portal...if he wants to redeem at 1.50 then yes he would need to PC to a CSR...he would have to call to PC and needs at least a $10k CL
As far as timing...I would PC after the CIP points are earned..sorry no idea when the AF will post

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!