I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Haven’t tried in a few weeks but having trouble getting it to go away.
@Andysol any DPs on Reddit to make the pop up go away. I have a plat upgrade on DHs biz green could that help the pop up go away?

MS on your cards lol. I haven’t gotten the popup and have gotten every charge card and I keep getting two credit cards every 90 days. MSed the Gold 25,000 though and I use a lot of Amex offers.

Thanks for the heads up.

However, I noticed something concerning when I was adding offers. Amex Offers come in cash back/statement credit and Membership Rewards versions. As I was flipping through my Amex app, I got the eBags offer in cash back on my Platinum and in MRs on several of my biz charge cards. Eventually, I added the eBags MR offer to my new Biz Plat and went back to add the eBags cash back offer to my personal Plat -- but the cash back offer disappeared from my Plat!

Previously, Amex treated the cash back and MR versions of an offer to the same merchant as different offers, so you could add both offers to different cards or even the same card if you're lucky enough for both to appear. I don't know if Amex is now treating cash back and MR versions of an offer as the same offer now, but after I added the MR version of the eBags offer to one card, the cash back version disappeared from another card just like if you had already added the offer to one of your other cards. (Unless the eBags cash back offer fully subscribed within the few minutes I was flipping through offers on other cards, but that's unlikely.)

P.S. I add all the wine, meal prep kits, a lot of the high-end fashion and home decor, streaming and web services offers that I'm never going to use onto my lesser used cards just so they don't clutter up the Available offers tab. I don't know if it gets me more offers, but it makes new and good ones easier to spot.

ETA: Further testing of adding the MR offer first did not remove the corresponding cash back offer from other cards. I can’t explain what happened to my Ebags cash back offer that disappeared from my Plat. :confused3
If an Amex offer disappears from your available offers after use, does that mean it successfully credited? My Marriott/Bonvoy offer is gone after booking the Swan. I don't see the credit yet, though.

I take the capsules too (and occasionally drink the liquid) but I usually just use the liquid for soaking beans. What do you take the salts for?
Minerals that your body uses when you aren't eating...magnesium, iron, etc. I think it has like 67 different things the body needs. It keeps the cells soft inside of you so that things move around easier at the molecular level.

If an Amex offer disappears from your available offers after use, does that mean it successfully credited? My Marriott/Bonvoy offer is gone after booking the Swan. I don't see the credit yet, though.

You need to add an “Available” offer to one of your cards, then the offer moves to added to card/saved offers. When you use that card to redeem the offer, I notice — at least on the app — that the used offer moves down to a “Redeemed Offers” section within a few days and eventually disappears. I don’t know if this answers your question...

I recently went for my 2nd Citi AA Biz card (no mailer) and I'm happy to report that the $50 AA GC I purchased as a test did get credited today when my statement closed! My first Citi AA was the 40,000 $200 statement credit offer, and this was the 40,000 $250 statement credit offer.
Nice. I just closed my business and closed my first card. I'll try the 40,000 and $200 this time. Last time I had the $250.

I’m sure DoC covers this, but if you have the eBags offer on two cards, you can use the offer on one card to buy an eBags GC and then apply the GC with the other card to pay the balance and trigger the second offer. eBags allows only one GC per transaction and no longer lets you combine GCs.

Obviously, wait until shopping portals are 15-20%. Check to see if you have any eBags Rewards from prior purchases or the free $10 credit that they hand out every once in a while.

If you don’t need luggage or more packing cubes, eBags has a good selection of backpacks, Patagonia and North Face apparel.

Do you guys remember back in May when they had the really cheap tickets for seaworld on daily deals? I’m thinking we’ll use ours sometime this month or in August. We’ve never been to bush gardens so I definitely want to use one of our two day tickets there.

Should we use the other one at Adventure island in Tampa or aquatica in Orlando? The tickets have to be used within 14 days of each other so we would either do the two days in Tampa or do Busch gardens and hit aquatica on the way back home.

You need to add an “Available” offer to one of your cards, then the offer moves to added to card/saved offers. When you use that card to redeem the offer, I notice — at least on the app — that the used offer moves down to a “Redeemed Offers” section within a few days and eventually disappears. I don’t know if this answers your question...
Yes, it was added and visible before I used it. Now it is gone. When I look at redeemed offer on the card, I see a spinning circle :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Quoting myself to see if anyone has any thoughts on this? Thank you!

I need some advice on rental cars please!

I have a rental car booked through the UR Portal using my CIP account, all on UR’s, with Alamo with my DH as the driver for our trip this Sat. Does this include any rental car insurance coverage? I initially thought if I used his Arrival Plus to guarantee the reservation, that would cover us in case of an accident, but the more I think about it I don’t think it would.

I have a few other reservations I could use instead, paying OOP instead and cashing out UR’s, so that we could be covered in case of an accident. Would that be a better option? The cheaper option I have is Dollar, I’d rather use Alamo but that one is $34 more.

All of this and I’ve also been on the phone with Alamo and Chase for an hour trying to straighten out the existing reservation because Alamo doesn’t show that the reservation is paid (apparently this has been happening a lot from what the rep said). Man, this is stressing me out!

say it with me... more... packing... cubes!
I think I need more because somehow one of the ones I used for Chicago I noticed disappeared when I went to pack my room this morning and I know I definitely brought it.
I need more too because my ex borrowed mine to go to Ireland and never returned them and I'm too non-confrontational to ask for them back.

WDW Poly v. WL thoughts? I got some perspectives from the CL thread but I’m wondering if any of you have any thoughts... if I switch our 4 nights at Poly CL to WL CL my fam of 4 will save $480. I’m worried about the smaller room size and different type of CL layout than we’re used to but $480 is not chump change...
Have you been reading the CL Thread? People like the WL lounge better.

I’m sure DoC covers this, but if you have the eBags offer on two cards, you can use the offer on one card to buy an eBags GC and then apply the GC with the other card to pay the balance and trigger the second offer. eBags allows only one GC per transaction and no longer lets you combine GCs.

Obviously, wait until shopping portals are 15-20%. Check to see if you have any eBags Rewards from prior purchases or the free $10 credit that they hand out every once in a while.

If you don’t need luggage or more packing cubes, eBags has a good selection of backpacks, Patagonia and North Face apparel.

Thanks for the reminder about the GC. My teen needs a new school backpack, and she wants her own Motherlode Junior, so I'll probably buy that soon and hold on to it for Christmas! I've been doing so well at not being lured into spending extra money because of the deals everywhere, but ebags is apparently my kryptonite...

Can you get WDW tickets with multiple disney gift cards? Site only has place for one. Maybe have to call?

My goal here is to cash out AA miles but you have to do them in $50 increments. Can combine them online but still will have more than 1 since I'm in it about $2400ish.

@SouthFayetteFan have you done this?

Have you been reading the CL Thread? People like the WL lounge better.
Not for a while, kind of assumed we had the trip set until the discounts got me thinking about switching- oops. But now that you got me thinking about it I did skim it a bit yesterday and I am recalling some convo that Poly CL has just gotten out of control crazy lately... definitely need to do some more reading there, thanks!

Do you guys remember back in May when they had the really cheap tickets for seaworld on daily deals? I’m thinking we’ll use ours sometime this month or in August. We’ve never been to bush gardens so I definitely want to use one of our two day tickets there.

Should we use the other one at Adventure island in Tampa or aquatica in Orlando? The tickets have to be used within 14 days of each other so we would either do the two days in Tampa or do Busch gardens and hit aquatica on the way back home.
We did Aquatica is June and really like it. I haven’t been to Adventure Island though to compare. SeaWorld is also nice and has fantastic roller coasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!