I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Lain mentioned it months ago, so thanks to him as well!! But glad I could help. I just couldn't get over how easy it was. I will try a savings account when I am up for the next CIP.
Stupid easy. I did have to call since I got s fraud alert from chase but they pushed the charge through again and gave me my online login and I was done!!!!

I can't remember what I've read. Do I make a new login for my CIP? It's my first chase biz card. I'm ok with it being separate from my personal.

Besides our terrible flight from O’Hare closing and diverting to Milwaukee for a couple of hours for gas and to wait it out, Chicago is fabulous! We tried to go to the Shedd Aquarium after training but $40 for less than an hour no thanks. So we took the water taxi over to Navy Pier and did the Architecture river boat tour and it was fabulous! Worth every $. What a terrific view of the city. We took an Uber back to the Hilton and I finally got the Plat credit to work. (Turns out I forgot my Plat had been replaced due to possible fraud and I never updated my Uber acct. Oops!) Tomorrow afternoon/evening, I am hunting down the Flamingo sculpture at federal plaza and searching for pizza. And Wed we’ll head to Millennium Plaza to see the Bean and look for a good steakhouse. Our Uber driver recommended Cindy’s???? (Just in general and for pizza or steak.) Any thoughts on it? Lovely city so far!View attachment 417791

We enjoyed Chicago as well just a couple months ago. Giordano's pizza was awesome. And we also bought the City Pass with UR points to go to the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium and a couple other spots. We were hoping to make it to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse since we enjoyed it in NYC a couple years ago but never did. But I agree Chicago is fabulous!

Woke up to an email I had been approved for the TD Biz card $400 after $3k spend. Quite a pleasant surprise! This went pending, so I called a week ago and they mentioned their underwriting double-checks credit card applications against TD Bank account history, so I figured I was out - I had a personal card that I closed after 8 months, and I had two separate checking accounts for the period needed for a bonus, then they were closed.

For those under 5/24, note that even though this is a business card, TD Bank reports biz cards to your personal credit, so avoid.

@amalone1013 - I know you stay at Swan or Dolphin and usually Uber from Mco. Do you mind telling me how that works? I have never used Uber so it’s really the only thing stopping me from staying there over Pop in Jan. It would just be from Mco to Dolphin.

@amalone1013 - I know you stay at Swan or Dolphin and usually Uber from Mco. Do you mind telling me how that works? I have never used Uber so it’s really the only thing stopping me from staying there over Pop in Jan. It would just be from Mco to Dolphin.
Of course! It's very simple. You just head out to the normal passenger pickup are and go to either end, rideshare is only supposed to pick up in those areas. When you request an uber I'm the app, it will ask you which end you are on. When you open the uber app, there will even be a message telling you where to go for that airport. The app will tell you the drivers name, car type and color, and license plate number. You can also watch their progress on a map. If you just start typing in Walt Disney World Dolphin as your destination it will come up in the list.

Typically we take an uber x for 2 people plus luggage, usually 3 carry on size bags. It runs around $30ish and I usually tip $5 or $6, unless our driver is really great (especially as we normally are late arrivals). They'll take you right to the drop off for the Dolphin.

One other thing, Lyft works the same. So unless you are trying to use some uber credits, I would set up accounts with both apps. Then if you run into surge pricing on uber, you could try Lyft. Or even just compare pricing before you choose upon arrival at MCO. Both will give you a fare estimate once you put in your destination. I've only run into surge pricing in Orlando twice, both times it was after midnight, but also both times Lyft did not have surge going so it was half the cost.

I can't remember what I've read. Do I make a new login for my CIP? It's my first chase biz card. I'm ok with it being separate from my personal.
For some reason all of dh’s chase cards have been put on the same account automatically while I’ve had to make separate accounts for all of mine. His CSR, Southwest biz, and all three CIPs got put on the same account lol

Is the secure message system at Chase operational for y'all? I can't seem to compose a new secure message this morning. I want to ask them to expedite DH's new CIP (yay!), but when I click on "Compose Message" it says I need to select a subject from the "Select Inquiry Type" drop down, but there is no drop down. I was just going to reply to an old message, but I'm worried they might expedite the wrong card, if I can't choose which card I'm SMing about. I could have DH call and ask, I suppose, if I must.

Is the secure message system at Chase operational for y'all? I can't seem to compose a new secure message this morning. I want to ask them to expedite DH's new CIP (yay!), but when I click on "Compose Message" it says I need to select a subject from the "Select Inquiry Type" drop down, but there is no drop down. I was just going to reply to an old message, but I'm worried they might expedite the wrong card, if I can't choose which card I'm SMing about. I could have DH call and ask, I suppose, if I must.
I just used SM to cancel a card. Worked fine for me and they already replied that card is cancelled.

I’ve never been over 800 lol.

ETA: since you mentioned it I decided I’d look at mine and it went up 24 points this month! I’ve never seen it go up or down that much in a month

After you get some more time under your belt. I had my youngest on my Amex at 13 and she has over 800 - 805 to be exact. She's 26 with her oldest account (my Amex SPG) showing 18 years - she was 9 when I got that card but it credits her with the years. Her average age of accounts is pretty high also, but she only has 3 cards. Won't apply for anything, but she's pretty well set up, with good job and salary and a paid off car, and she saves like someone looking to retire in their 30ties although I haven't talked fire with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter