I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions about authorized users as they relate to P1 and P2.

1) Never add P2 as an authorized user to P1's personal card as it takes up a 5/24 slot for P2, correct?
2) Assuming what I said in question 1 is correct, how do I get a second card so that P1 and P2 can both have cards on the same account. Can I just call and say please send me a 2nd card, then just have P2 use it even tho it has P1's name on it?
3) For business cards is there any downside to getting an employee card for P2 on P1's business card?

1- yes correct
2- I have asked for a replacement card due to a damaged card for my DH to use...he has had no issues using it
3- no downside getting an employee card

Someone may have posted this but, Safeway has buy $50 in select gift cards (not Visa/MC) get $7 off instantly. Would be nice if it works for gas cards or home improvement store cards, combined with 4x - 6x depending on your CC.

Has anyone tried this yet? It's July 10-23.
I've got my eye on a Hotels.com GC, going this weekend.

Leave the door open for me @amalone1013 .

I'm trying to resist all the temptations so I can get back under 5/24 and do some Cippy. Haven't you noticed all my content is off topic??

And quoting myself, thanks for all the likes and Haha's!!

My last card was late March - the only card in 2019 - because I went hog wild in 2018 with I think 8 cards - wild for me!

Met the spend on that card in one transaction. It was the NFCU Flagship visa and my points finally posted on this months statement. Not complaining - it's plain and simple cash and between that and a few UR's I have plans for it. Tax free cash!! Does anybody add in that aspect for value when you cash out for cash or gift cards?

So now I can't wait to get to next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty offended for a moment because I thought Costco wasn't going to take my VGC online for membership renewal. It got declined the first time, let it update the billing address with the extra 4 digits on my zip code, which is NOT how I registered the VGC online... and it went through :confused3

All this Amex talk, makes me glad I started with CIP and grAavy train first. I do have 2 personal Amex cards that I have had for many years. Mainly have used them for the offers and the extra % back at grocery stores.
I won't be under 5/24 until February. I have 4 Chase chase cards. Three of them are 5 plus years old. I've been a pretty good customer for Chase: therefore I don't see myself having an issue getting new cards with them. I don't think I'll ever be able to churn like some of the posters on here, but I am going to try to take advantage of at least one or two good SUB a year. I made a couple of mistakes this year. The Delta Gold being one of them. I've done a lot of research and I think I've figured out which cards will benefit me the most in the long run. I've also got 3 annual fee cards I need to close.

I am so paranoid with my resort room after having SO many MB issues in the past that I do normally carry the one ordered on the reservation in my bag.
If the line is short at the check-in, I will stop and grab an actual key to the world card just to be safe when we get to the room. I like to keep it in the wallet as back up if either DW or myself forget to through a MB on.
It was the NFCU Flagship visa and my points finally posted on this months statement.
They do take their sweet time when paying out the sign-up bonus.

when you guys checked your MR balances, did u guys notice the new layout with the new feature? It seems to me MR points will now post a few days after you make payment... a great improvement over having to wait a month.

newegg.com has them on sale for 15% off. LINK
Curious if they will do the same with the BCP.

For those who had to submit all of that ridiculous documentation to Barclay, is there anyway to know if they have received it? I sent it on Tues and, of course, am very nervous now that I easily opened myself up for identity theft.

You can call in and ask, but they may not have necessarily processed it to be able to check for you yet. I did it last year and had to call to get them to finally approve the card, but no problems once I did.

Last minute planning help please...

Options for MK day: EMM ($240ish), CRT ($200ish), BOG PPO with plans to hop in line for SDMT just barely ahead of hte RD crowds (never done this).

Of note, I have no SDMT FP this time, but hope to grab using the drop method. Also of note, I love EMM but they are costly and we are planning to do one in TL also.

For the PPO BOG, i read you can get in right before 8, no matter what time your ADR is. Mine is 8:20. Would plan to be at MK around 7:45. I dont want to spend $28 for myself and DD20 for eggs...I don't even eat that early. Can we order kids meals or split an adult entree? I know that works fine at lunch. Has anyone done PPO BOG and recommend it? It is on an EMM magic morning, if that matters.

when you guys checked your MR balances, did u guys notice the new layout with the new feature? It seems to me MR points will now post a few days after you make payment... a great improvement over having to wait a month.

I chatted with a CSR last night. He told me the little pop up was incorrect. Points will post a couple of days after statement close. I guess will find out.

I chatted with a CSR last night. He told me the little pop up was incorrect. Points will post a couple of days after statement close. I guess will find out.
not sure... contradictory with the new site... i think?
edit: i guess we will find out next month lol.
s80v3fj.jpg

I've never gotten into hotels.com cards but I see a lot of people doing this....may have to look into it for some non chain options in the future.

Last minute planning help please...

Options for MK day: EMM ($240ish), CRT ($200ish), BOG PPO with plans to hop in line for SDMT just barely ahead of hte RD crowds (never done this).

Of note, I have no SDMT FP this time, but hope to grab using the drop method. Also of note, I love EMM but they are costly and we are planning to do one in TL also.

For the PPO BOG, i read you can get in right before 8, no matter what time your ADR is. Mine is 8:20. Would plan to be at MK around 7:45. I dont want to spend $28 for myself and DD20 for eggs...I don't even eat that early. Can we order kids meals or split an adult entree? I know that works fine at lunch. Has anyone done PPO BOG and recommend it? It is on an EMM magic morning, if that matters.
Do you get a discount on CRT with DD's CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!