I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized, from reading a tpg post, hangs head in shame, but it was a reader story so a bit better.

Anyway, with needed delta flights to tokyo and back from beijing in 1st cause they are both non stop. Would it male more sense for me to collect ur to transfer to virgin? It's for sept 2021.

It'd be less miles correct? Not sure I can look it up without a ff account and can't look now. I want to get enough to cover us both at least in 1st there and whatever back which we're good with. Just trying to do it with less cards etc and at least with the cippy cup if it continues it'd be easier than all mr for dl and hilton.

Anyone?

Logging in directly to the Amex Refer A Friend site still shows 10k MR per referral on the BBP for me, but I was able to pull up the increased 15k MR referrals by going through my Amex online account.

Remember, you can refer/self-refer from the BBP to any of Amex’s other cards. At 15k MR, this is the second most valuable card to refer from, on par with the Platinums.
I imagine you have to generate a new link for the increased offer? Any chance this happened like 2 days ago? :laughing:
Since BBP is hubby's card I rely on when he has time and remembers to get me links for stuff. His link went bad at some point in the last couple weeks and he just generated all new ones for me this week which I updated everywhere.

But speaking of bad links, what is up with AmEx and why are they so inconsistent? I have links that last months and then others that don't last a week. The last BBP link was generated 4 weeks ago and sometime around week 3 I noticed it was dead. And not just the mgmee link, the short link to that is generated on the site just errored out. :confused3
Is that pretty normal and I should be checking more often?

Logging in directly to the Amex Refer A Friend site still shows 10k MR per referral on the BBP for me, but I was able to pull up the increased 15k MR referrals by going through my Amex online account.

Remember, you can refer/self-refer from the BBP to any of Amex’s other cards. At 15k MR, this is the second most valuable card to refer from, on par with the Platinums.

Perfect! I was running out of 15,000 referral links. lol

I've heard the Hilton Palace and doubletree are both nice, tho the palace grounds look much nicer to me- I think the closest hilton always gets bad reviews here....
When I looked on TripAdvisor the palace only has 3 1/2 stars which is lower than I normally would stay at. The doubletree and buena vista have 4 stars each. I’m leaning towards the doubletree but I really don’t know. I might just let Dh decide

I'm surprised to see that UCT is still showing crowds of 5/10 on the weekdays during my September WDW trip. I wonder if they're hedging their bets on a bigger turnout for SWGE. I'll be really interested to see what happens with it after the way DL has gone.

I was wondering if this change happened yesterday/overnight in response to Chase announcing referrals to the CIU. The CIU is essentially Chase’s direct competitor to Amex’s BBP: a no fee biz card that earns 1.5x UR/$ vs 2 MR/$.
Yeah it's a remarkable coincidence. Wouldn't have thought they'd flip the switch so fast though, unless they somehow knew something was coming and just waited it out.

I’m not sure I thought through my weekend the right way lol. I planned on staying Friday night, wake up and do Disney springs, take an afternoon break, head to AK, then drive home. I completely didn’t think about the fact that checkout is at 11 so there’s no way we could take an afternoon break lol. Unless they’re like the Hilton Tokyo bay that gave us late checkout and asked when we wanted to check out

I think my post before might’ve gotten missed. If I do a pick up order through sams club can I still get the 5% with dosh that says in store?

I think my post before might’ve gotten missed. If I do a pick up order through sams club can I still get the 5% with dosh that says in store?
I haven't tried it, and Dosh hates me, but it seems to me it's an online order still, even if it's picked up?

Oh if pc'ing amex card can I use my old card while waiting for the new card to arrive? ..........AND........ I got emails saying all of my old purple SPG cards will be deactivated in 15 days, but no replacements... what am I supposed to do with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!