I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, might be something major going on at UPS...

We previously sent you a delivery alert for the package(s) shown below. This package(s) will not be delivered as originally scheduled. We will provide you with updated delivery information as soon as we can and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Hmm I am not expecting anything else UPS or I would check. I told her to expect it today and she let me know UPS just drove by without stopping so I investigated :magnify:

I have it. I got it and just used 45k points for 5 days at the beach (since the 4th reward night is free). I'd say it's totally worth it. I think I get a free night a year too. Plus Platinum has gotten me the presidential suite once. Granted it was at a Holiday Inn Express, but did not expect it, LOL
I didn't know Holiday Inn Express offered presidential suites :rotfl: Thanks for your input on the card! I really like the "fourth reward night free" benefit.

I do recall that past treatments have had a very gag-inducing taste. I think I would still prefer it to a cavity . . . I guess I'm leaning towards doing it, since it seems like it might not be total snake-oil

Yeah I definitely don’t think it’s snake oil, but I’m not sure how long the effects of it are supposed to last. They haven’t asked me if I’ve wanted one in probably my last three visits. Of course I just got another cavity filled :sad2:

I'm having a hoarding problem.

I've got all these URs with another 2 CIPs worth coming eventually. We've got over $300 in cashback on our Discover cards. Some Hilton points. Marriott points. AA miles left. SW points. $500 on my Arrival Plus. And I'm over here trying to figure out if I can cover our HHN tickets/expenses with the CSR travel credits. :rolleyes:

If we pull this trip off, the event tickets can be $$$... looking at a multi night pass and possibly EP for one night, if we meet up with some Disboard friends like we did last year. Plus our Uni APs expire 9/5 and we'd be going 2 weeks later or so. So do we just get tickets for daytime? Renew passes? We have 3 park passes, my guess would be we can't go to 2 park but I plan to call and ask. Actually I feel like it'd be a great trip to go to Volcano Bay for a few hours then rest/hang out at resort before the event. As long as we don't get electrocuted :scared: I'm sure renewing APs won't count as travel... would have to go UCT, and the 3 park promo ticket is only $20 less than renewing our pass right now... or their best ticket to upgrade to AP is either $391, so $45 more than just renewing... but then we'd have to wait to buy AP priced tickets for HHN which saves $25 each... and things could sell out and who knows if they would let you charge all these tickets to your room? even a vacation package doesn't work because I'd pay $100 now and the rest due in 5 weeks...

and this little voice inside me is just like... CASH OUT SOME POINTSSSSS!!!!! But it's so hard!

Awesome! As you get more comfortable you may want to consider doing more than one card at a time. I typically ask to load my card and SOs card so 2 giftcards per cashier. They can be loaded at the registers, garden center, electronics section (hit or miss for me) and the money center ( this location scares me since I had issues with MOs) I try and hit at least two locations per visit so four cards.
Wish the Walmart I tired would let me reload at the register. She said $100 was the cap and had to go to the service desk. I will try a different location later in the week.

Lounge question---what kind are in the Austin airport? I know there are no PP locations there.

I could start dh on Amex for his next card if there's a good lounge there :laughing: He'll be flying SW. This will be in September for a conference.

Apparently we have Delta, Admiral and United. But, really, we have GREAT food options, love our airport. Peached Tortilla is my fave place to grab a quick bite, but we also have Salt Lick BBQ (yum!) and Hatcreek Burgers (very popular and not too bad). I never get there early enough for a lounge.

We have a new south terminal that just opened, I haven't seen it yet. They have food trucks over I've heard.

Wish the Walmart I tired would let me reload at the register. She said $100 was the cap and had to go to the service desk. I will try a different location later in the week.

I haven’t had any issue at a few Walmart’s, but you have no issue getting MOs at grocery stores near you right?

They recommend it for me because I grew up on well water and still have a well. I paid the $35 to do it one time and it was so disgusting I was literally gagging on the way home from the dentist. I had to brush it off immediately when I got home and it ruined my toothbrush!
The school I used to sub at gave the kids fluoride every Tuesday in a cup that they had to swish. The parents could opt out of it but most kids did it

I'm having a hoarding problem.

I've got all these URs with another 2 CIPs worth coming eventually. We've got over $300 in cashback on our Discover cards. Some Hilton points. Marriott points. AA miles left. SW points. $500 on my Arrival Plus. And I'm over here trying to figure out if I can cover our HHN tickets/expenses with the CSR travel credits. :rolleyes:

If we pull this trip off, the event tickets can be $$$... looking at a multi night pass and possibly EP for one night, if we meet up with some Disboard friends like we did last year. Plus our Uni APs expire 9/5 and we'd be going 2 weeks later or so. So do we just get tickets for daytime? Renew passes? We have 3 park passes, my guess would be we can't go to 2 park but I plan to call and ask. Actually I feel like it'd be a great trip to go to Volcano Bay for a few hours then rest/hang out at resort before the event. As long as we don't get electrocuted :scared: I'm sure renewing APs won't count as travel... would have to go UCT, and the 3 park promo ticket is only $20 less than renewing our pass right now... or their best ticket to upgrade to AP is either $391, so $45 more than just renewing... but then we'd have to wait to buy AP priced tickets for HHN which saves $25 each... and things could sell out and who knows if they would let you charge all these tickets to your room? even a vacation package doesn't work because I'd pay $100 now and the rest due in 5 weeks...

and this little voice inside me is just like... CASH OUT SOME POINTSSSSS!!!!! But it's so hard!

Do it! I’ve cashed out about $6000 worth!

Maybe cashier shop when you’re there? I purposefully always go for the younger looking cashiers because I know they’re always more likely to not care or push through coupons or whatever.

Do it! I’ve cashed out about $6000 worth!

Maybe cashier shop when you’re there? I purposefully always go for the younger looking cashiers because I know they’re always more likely to not care or push through coupons or whatever.
Hard to be selective at Walmart when there are only 2 cashiers and lines 10 baskets deep. Maybe I'll try on a weekend. I won't go out of my way as I am blessed to have many FD/DG's around us. I go to Walmart maybe 2-3 times a month for random things so it would be one less stop.

I wouldn't mind paying $40 out of pocket if it works (even a little).

I do drink some non-bottled water but we have a filter--not sure what that does to fluoride. I also do tend to get a cavity every few years and I would happily pay $40 to avoid or even minimize that.

I do recall that past treatments have had a very gag-inducing taste. I think I would still prefer it to a cavity . . . I guess I'm leaning towards doing it, since it seems like it might not be total snake-oil . . .

I've done it a few times. Does your dentist have the flavored ones? The kids used to get bubblegum flavored. Also, ours was not a paste but a liquid that you swirled in your mouth and then spit out. Not a big deal for me (or my kids).

Hard to be selective at Walmart when there are only 2 cashiers and lines 10 baskets deep. Maybe I'll try on a weekend. I won't go out of my way as I am blessed to have many FD/DG's around us. I go to Walmart maybe 2-3 times a month for random things so it would be one less stop.

Ah, yeah. No FD/DGs for me and WM is the closest thing other than CVS, which sounds like it won’t work.

Guys, I just successfully did my first Serve load with a VGC!! No problems at all and cashier didn’t ask any questions. I almost panicked for a second when the register didn’t seem to pick up the VGC, but either I just scanned it too fast at first or too soon or something. The only thing the cashier asked me was how I wanted to load it. I have another $200 to do. Really excited that this might pan out! I don’t know that I’ll do a ton with it as I’ll probably still wait to look for fee free deals or gas points at Kroger to offset the fee, but I’m excited about the prospect!
Yay!!! You did it! I’m getting a little braver. Bought $800 at once at Staples and have now even loaded $400 at one time and had them split the payment. My Family Dollar doesn’t seem to care. Even just getting the fee free ones at Staples can be worth it. And now I’m even thinking I may use it to MS an MSR if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!