I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, definitely! My adult son loves Disney cruises! I used to love them, but I'm not able to sit in the sun any longer so prefer more unique cruises -- Baltic, Arctic, etc.

If you're on the fence try a 3 day one!
I think we might have to just try one out. Where do you suggest going for the first one? The Bahamas? Castaway Cay does look pretty cool. I think for a short cruise we wouldn't do any excursions and just try the ship itself out.

Yes--the adult areas on the ships are very nice and generally underused. There's a ton to do.
And $500/night for hotel/food/entertainment up to Disney's standards is pretty good IMO.
I agree with @*WDW*Groupie*. Try a short one. I'd recommend four days on the Dream. That way you get a sea day.
That's true, it does include food and everything. I guess I was only thinking about the room part of it. Is an inside room okay or do most people go for a balcony?

Are you a PT? Don't think I knew that! It has been great so far and I definitely intend to keep up with it. I haven't lost any weight, but I definitely feel stronger and have much less pain. My PT thinks that what happened is I quit riding after I sold my horse last year and basically all the core strength I had just fell apart, which makes a lot of sense. My body is basically a disaster zone from 25 years of horseback riding, but apparently the horseback riding was holding it all together :laughing: She actually recommended that I start slowly riding again, which I plan to do soon.
I complain because I'm always sore from the gym (I do crossfit) but when I wasn't working out, I was getting aches and pains from stuff not being aligned (bad hip pain, for example). So I figure you get to a certain age, aches and pains are going to happen, it can either be from sore muscles 'cause I'm using them or sore joints 'cause my muscles aren't being used.

Definitely! DH and I have been on several without DD; DM and I have done one or two as well-her 70th will be celebrated on a quick 4 day cruisel, and DM, DF, DH and I did a European without DD. We love the ships (so elegant), the service and the Disney music in the hallways. DH and DF enjoy the Broadway-style shows, I enjoy the Rainforest Room, and DM says her "happy place" is Castaway Cay. It IS more expensive, cannot lie, but I've always felt they were worth it---and I've been sick for 2 of mine:( Fortunately, Port C is a good 7 1/2 hour drive away or DH would be hearing "hey, guess what we're doing this weekend" a lot.:laughing:

As WDW and DL move away from anything resembling a vacation for me, DCL receives much more of my vacation dollar.
Port Canaveral is literally 20 or so minutes from us so this might start an addiction lol. Do you have to pay to leave your car there while you're on the cruise?

Agreed--it's a good price for July but not September/early October. Of course that's because of hurricane season and kids being in school. If I didn't have kids, I'd be cruising in the fall.
I guess Dh and I need to wait and watch for prices in September/October. Thanks for the advice.

Are you a PT? Don't think I knew that! It has been great so far and I definitely intend to keep up with it. I haven't lost any weight, but I definitely feel stronger and have much less pain. My PT thinks that what happened is I quit riding after I sold my horse last year and basically all the core strength I had just fell apart, which makes a lot of sense. My body is basically a disaster zone from 25 years of horseback riding, but apparently the horseback riding was holding it all together :laughing: She actually recommended that I start slowly riding again, which I plan to do soon.
PTA but not working due to in injury :-( I miss it

I am not an expert on how these credits work but I do recall reading that whether you can share credits depends on the waitperson--some will let you use two credits for four people but some might only apply the credit to the orders two people.

@hsmamato2 This happened to us. We went in a PP restaurant with 4 of us and the waitress billed us for 4 people even though we only ordered 2 entrees and 2 cokes. I would just ask before ordering. I would have had my DH order a coke on a separate tab to keep from being charged for the 4th person. She wouldn't change it when I asked either. Luckily, I was able to get it credited back but it was a hassle.

Glad I've got some MSRs to hit because man am I spending some money this month :faint: Although, I cut out Starbucks a week ago and am missing it so much that I had a dream about Starbucks last night :rotfl:I may have a problem... but my waistline and bank account will thank me.
What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?

My problem is I don't just like regular coffee. I like the frou frou mocha super chocolately sugary high carb with whipped cream drinks lol. I'm hoping I can avoid Starbucks until I get my free birthday drink at the end of the month, at which point I will indulge lol.

I recently started physical therapy too for some pretty bad hip pain I've been having. It's definitely helping, and basically I'm just getting a good hip workout in every day. I keep waiting for the therapist to be like "there was nothing actually wrong with you, you just let yourself go" :rotfl2:
I forgot we are birthday twins:flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:. Waiting for my free drink too! My drink of choice is a sugar free cinnamon dolce coffee based frap with almond milk decaf! In the fall it's a sugar free cinnamon dolce latte with almond milk decaf.

Maxed the discover category by buying $1500 in Disney Giftcards At BJs. Not the best savings but I need a lot of giftcards. I can do another $1500 with SOs card and then that’s the most I can pay towards our wedding. I maybe going to DL in September, I need to get giftcards to buy annual passes (still don’t know what I want) and I still owe $5,000 for my ABD in 2020. I am going to pay $300 with SOs CSR before downgrading though and I hope to upgrade at my year anniversary and pay another $300.
Isn't discover restaurants this quarter? and paypal?

My problem is I don't just like regular coffee. I like the frou frou mocha super chocolately sugary high carb with whipped cream drinks lol.
If I get Starbucks that is definitely what I'm getting! lol I will drink regular coffee (preferably flavored tho) with flavored creamer (preferably the little individual liquid cups, 2 per cup). Then I pat myself on the back for 60 cal of creamer vs I don't even wanna know for my frou frou drink :rotfl: Also you have no idea how many TSA agents have laughed at me with my bag of creamers.

I think we might have to just try one out. Where do you suggest going for the first one? The Bahamas? Castaway Cay does look pretty cool. I think for a short cruise we wouldn't do any excursions and just try the ship itself out.
I'd just do the ship and try a short one! I was concerned about getting sea sick too, so that way we weren't on the boat too long if it happened. I told DH after last month that I'm good now, don't need to get off in Nassau anymore. That was the only place we did an excursion on our first 3 night cruise, swimming with sea lions, but we didn't get to see much on the boat overall. We didn't even get to all of the main dining rooms because we did Palo one night. Oh I was also thinking cruises would bore me because I am not a sit around person, I am go go go on vacation and we had no trouble, not even on our 5 night cruise staying as busy or not busy as we wanted.

Dug back and found last year we charged our HHN tickets to DHs Hilton Biz. The tickets themselves coded as admissions/tickets and the express passes coded as fast food :confused3

Port Canaveral is literally 20 or so minutes from us so this might start an addiction lol. Do you have to pay to leave your car there while you're on the cruise?

So cool you're that close! You do have to pay for parking. At the port is $17/day. There are some cheaper offsite ones where you'd have to take a shuttle. But you're so close, Uber/Lyft might end up cheaper/easier.

I'm a sucker for an ocean view, so have always gone for a balcony. The Fantasy and Dream have virtual portholes in their inside cabins. They look fun since Disney characters will show up on it. But the price difference on those ships between inside/balcony are usually less compared to the Magic or Wonder which don't have the virtual portholes.

Although he stays at grandma's house and has a great time there because he gets to sleep in the bed with her, where he doesn't at our house.

LOL, our spoiled dogs all sleep in a bed (or two, the pittie bed hops). Grandpa dog sat while we were on our girls' trip to Central Europe and he thought he was going to out stubborn my bulldog...by night 2 she was firmly established on the bed with him...yes, she rules the roost here.

That's true, it does include food and everything. I guess I was only thinking about the room part of it. Is an inside room okay or do most people go for a balcony?

You do have to pay for parking at the port-it might be worth an uber just to get dropped off-you can run the numbers to see what's cheaper. Yes, remember, DCL is an all inclusive resort, essentially-food, room, entertainment. If you're not a big drinker it can be reasonable-and they do let you bring on a small amount of beer and/or wine. I think a short 3 or 4 day cruise is perfect to get a feel for the ship and whether it's a good fit for you and your vacation style. Living so close to the port, you could easily do a 3 day weekend cruise (if your DH can show up to work Monday a little late). Inside cabins are fine-the newer ships have virtual portholes so those are fun. People are very split on the DCL thread about inside v. balcony...I suggest doing a cruise with each so you can decide for yourself . 😆

For me it depends on the price difference. Sometimes it's huge and sometimes it's not. When it's huge, I'm content in an inside (prefer split bath). When it's not, I'm good with outside. Haven't done balcony since I was married but they are very nice. But if you start with balcony you may not go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!