I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread was moving quick today!

If I cashed out SO and Is MRs with Schwab Plat we would have a bit over $12,000. Someone tell me not to do it lol.

I would totally cash them out...

All this MR talk and I don't even have my first MR card yet... lol

Me either, scared of the pop-up only two cards with Amex but hoping to avoid the pop-up. At some point I'm just going to hit them hard and not worry about burning that bridge.

Lol you wouldn't be if you knew that Amex has given me two pop-ups on apps when I only have two cards with them.

This makes me worried...

Off the wall question, buy maybe someone knows. My mom's car needs to be in the shop for a few days. She's not getting it done at the dealership (twice as much). She was talking about getting a rental. Could I use my CSR to book a rental for her and add her as a driver?

See that this played out, I looked into renting a car for my sister, I wouldn't be there for pick up, and read something about how the credit card that was used to pay has to match the driver, so I think very YMMV type of situation. I didn't end up renting one for her for fear that she wouldn't be able to pick it up.

Eh - it's Citi IT...they won't see you asked once. They'll probably mistake your request for an application for a new Citi checking account and refer you to their mortgage department for further processing... :rotfl2:

I love this, hoping like everyone suggested my auto deny is just verification...

This might depend on the company but I booked a rental using my dh's CSR for our recent FL trip. I wanted to drive the car while dh was in his conference but there was no way to add me in at the initial booking so we were hoping to just switch who was the driver at the counter. The guy told us that was not possible since the car was prepaid. We were with Hertz.

Do you have a Costco membership? I priced the car with Costco too and it was only a savings of $2 in points to book through UR's. I should have just gone through Costco because they add a 2nd driver for free.

Love costco car rentals!

This is Chase wasn't able to add it either. Guy said there was no spot to add on his end. He put me on hold a couple of times to ask some other people, but in the end it was a no go. Not a huge deal for now, but we had thought about renting a car for a road trip (to save miles on my aging car and DH's truck won't fit our family plus both of our mothers). DH suggested we rent a car, I was thinking that was a good idea. But we would def want the both of us on the rental.

Is Costco really that cheap? Maybe I should look into getting a membership? I just got on there and poked around it shows about $35 cheaper. But with the CSR I can redeem at 1.5x. But maybe Costco rates are cheaper if you're logged in or something.

Only reason I got a costco membership was for the car rentals, has saved me at least 3x the membership fees on car rentals alone and the 2nd driver is a great perk. When I got my costco membership I was like, I'm never going to use this except for the rentals, but I end up going at least a couple times a month and it isn't that convenient for me. Gas is the cheapest in my area, and organic produce is typically a good price. Also best price on bottled water.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers....keeping busy tonight reworking my cc plans for the year
So sorry for your loss, :hug:. Always the best to keep busy, and working on the CC plans are the best! So many options!

I haven't been keeping up on here very well lately, but I remember seeing something a week or so ago about downgrading a current CSR to a Freedom, then upgrading a different Freedom to a CSR to get the $300 travel credit again. I'm just checking that I will definitely be able to upgrade my current Freedom Unlimited to a new CSR, right? The credit limit is good at $10K, so it would meet that requirement. Is there any reason they would say no to that? I called Chase a little while ago and got cold feet. The agent totally talked me into keeping the current CSR. I totally felt like...

i-wanna-quit-the-gym.jpg

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So sorry for your loss

Well I am horrified at the news of the Notre Dame cathedral fire. It's quite bad.
I am so upset about Notre-Dame. Too much is irreplaceable.

They have managed to save all of the artwork & relics. However, the stained glass windows from the 1200s have been destroyed, and they can never be repaired because some of the colors cannot be replicated today. Seeing the sunlight come through them was like magic. There were three windows & I know two of them are gone. Not sure about the last one. Hopefully it survived as it was lower than the other two.

The first time we visited, I was walking around in awe, really missing my grandma because I know she would have absolutely loved it. I came upon a beautiful little chapel where you can light candles for your loved ones & someone is sitting there to pray for them. I thought, "I will do this every time I come to Paris." :(

As a museum person, I feel absolutely sick. Such a major cultural tragedy.

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket
Very sorry for your loss.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket

I’m so very sorry for the loss of your mother. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. <<hugs>>

I'm so sorry for your loss.

:offtopic:
My dh had a job interview today and he felt it went great. I think he will be offered the position but this company moves a bit slow so could be a few weeks until he interviews with the guy who'd be his boss (a regional VP). My dh interviewed for this same job last year at this time but right after his interview a lot of changes occurred in the company (shuffling people around) and while most of the changes were good, it led to my dh not getting hired. It's all a long story but I knew this would all come back up and now it has.

The job is a remote position so we can live anywhere, which is exciting to think about! We won't move for a couple of years so our dd16 can finish out school here. After that, I think we are ready to either head back to TX or maybe consider FL again. With aging relatives, moving back to TX might be what we feel we need to do rather than what we want to do. Still considering the Panhandle of FL as we love the gulf side of FL and that isn't a very far drive to family in TX. @tink1970 I may be coming for a visit in a year or so :drinking:
Good luck to your Dh!

Dh finally got contacted with more info about relocating. They’re taking a long time but it is what it is and we’re just impatient. We are now waiting for the realtor to contact Dh. We get a paid trip down for a maximum of 4 nights/5 days and the hotel has to be $128/night or less. We found a Hilton so we’ll link that to our Hilton honors and get points for the stay. They reimburse us for the flights, hotel, and food. Good thing we’re trying to meet the MSR on dh’s CIP #2!

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.

Purses really, but I could use a few cubes too. I seem to like to use the same size cubes mostly :) love being able to pull a cube out and out it in a drawer or on the other bed in the room!

Lol. I only have to mail because now I'm correcting due to my stupid unexpected Chase 1099 :badpc:

I roll up all the clothes before putting them in the cubes. I place the cubes in the drawers or cabinets when we get to our hotel. Each family member has their own cube color. This has completely made it easier for everyone to find their things.

Ooo, so same one. Let me know how it works out for you! :)

I got this one:
https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/pack-it-flat-toiletry-kit/54638?productid=10553362

Haven't receive it yet, hope I'll like it.

Ah, that one is on my list...
I bought this same exact one. It is sitting where I dropped it last week after mustering the energy to walk to my front door. Flu bug is serious...been down 8 days now. Maybe I'll open the package tonight and exam it.

Packing cubes ftw ! My ebags order also contained four large ones for dh. I am a hybrid fold and roll person. They came in so handy this last vacation with a 7 day cruise and 2 different land destinations.

@palhockeymomof2 My sincerest condolences. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!