I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m thinking of getting my kids new luggage for Easter/graduation/birthday gifts. I’ve been tuned in to the ebags discussion here today. Might go for some packing cubes as well, but does anyone care to rehash their picks for luggage for young adults? I know we’ve talked about it before.

I'm still drinking the kooaid obviously b/c we have an upcoming weekend trip and I'm planning just a 'slight':rotfl2: detour on our route to hit the dis outlet....it's only like a 30 minute detour for stuff I don't need...is that wrong???? (dirty rotten scoundrels quote)
DS is already saving again to buy stuff on our DCL cruise. He’s got 6 weeks to go and already has $40 in change plus a $25 GC.

I’m thinking of getting my kids new luggage for Easter/graduation/birthday gifts. I’ve been tuned in to the ebags discussion here today. Might go for some packing cubes as well, but does anyone care to rehash their picks for luggage for young adults? I know we’ve talked about it before.

Not available on Ebags, but Away luggage is very popular with the millennial set.

I LOVE MaxPass. It's so worth the $10 in my opinion and is super easy to use.
$15 as others have said but you can get nighttime show FPs now. :( Still worth it on short trips and on a few days of longer trips imho.

This is probably a silly question, but for those mailing taxes... Do you use a standard business envelope? Or a big one so your tax papers are flat?
I use a big one so taxes are flat. I don't want to give the state ANY reason to say they couldn't process them. (CA makes me mail mine in because I have an HSA. Like a peasant apparently. My love/hate of CA is strong.)
:offtopic:
My dh had a job interview today and he felt it went great. I think he will be offered the position but this company moves a bit slow so could be a few weeks until he interviews with the guy who'd be his boss (a regional VP). My dh interviewed for this same job last year at this time but right after his interview a lot of changes occurred in the company (shuffling people around) and while most of the changes were good, it led to my dh not getting hired. It's all a long story but I knew this would all come back up and now it has.

The job is a remote position so we can live anywhere, which is exciting to think about! We won't move for a couple of years so our dd16 can finish out school here. After that, I think we are ready to either head back to TX or maybe consider FL again. With aging relatives, moving back to TX might be what we feel we need to do rather than what we want to do. Still considering the Panhandle of FL as we love the gulf side of FL and that isn't a very far drive to family in TX. @tink1970 I may be coming for a visit in a year or so :drinking:
Or get set up in FL and move those aging relatives from TX to FL when it comes time helping them achieve ultimate #retirementgoals....

Thanks for answering..lol Was wondering whether to buy Disneyland tickets separate from the Zoo. It appears that the SC Citypass has both at a discount.
I bought my zoo ticket at the gate with AAA discount. They take Apple Pay if that's any bonus available on that for you fyi. For DLR tickets also check LastMinuteTravel, you can find a free code to join by googling it and after logging in you will see their member prices. Idk if they're the best offer but they're mentioned often on the DLR board.

After browsing the ebags site today, I've got an itch to order more travel bags... I'm not sure I love my new one as much as the old one yet...
I'm so proud at the end of the day I resisted the call of eBags. I did the stacking Amex offer for a new Sam's Club membership with a few other offers and ordered my new suitcase from Sam's Club (who had a better price than eBags with the Amex offer and coupon anyway!). Got $45 off my purchase right away after following super convoluted steps someone posted on Reddit because I waited forever to get around to this offer and Sam's is trying to pull it. Saved a bunch of money today! And resisted buying more packing cubes lol!

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket
I am so sorry. All the best to you and your family :hug:

I’m going to try and catchup but haven’t been around since my Mom passed away suddenly and is with Dad in Heaven.
She was 91, still living on her own in the house we grew up in...she was blessed with a long, healthy life and was exactly where she wanted to be at home so for that we are grateful.

So glad I had plenty of SW points and was able to fly my son on them vs a $1,100 airline ticket
:sad1: Thoughts and prayers for you and the fam :grouphug:

So for those using packing cubes, do you just fold your clothing normally and put it in the cubes? Or roll? I've seen people do both.
I fold normally and I fold more than usual. I cannot do the roll, everything in me screams "WHAT THE BLEEP DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" when I start to attempt it so extra folds it is for me.

Hearing the bells ring outside Notre Dame was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. All the advice here gave me and my family the ability to make that happen. I am so grateful for everyone here and I’m so sad for this great loss.
It is a tragedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter