I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Disneyonmymind

Disneyonmymind DIS Veteran

Wow, let us know what you think of that Residence Inn. Have a great trip!

calypso726 and kidsfirsttrip like this.
  2. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

any reason to keep our Bonvoy Biz with $95 AF? one of ours just came due and not keeping AF cards that don't give me AF bonus worth it

BamaBoy likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nickle831

nickle831 Mouseketeer

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: Doing the happy dance, my CSP bonus points just posted!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

I need to wait 2 weeks before applying form my next card. How do y'all pass the time? :D:D I kid, I kid I know you all just sign P2 up for a card and work on that one. :worship:
    I was going to wait until July before signing up DH for the CSP (avoiding the AF before our vacation next year), but I may sign him up for the Freedom first, then by the time that comes in and we meet the MSR "he" can refer me for the Freedom.
    He's a little more leery of the churning, so I have to move slow with him. The other part of me wants to ask him if we can move the $15000 in daughter's college fund for 3 months to a new bank account to sit for 3 months for the Chase bonus. :idea: Decisions, Decisions.

5. WVMomof3

WVMomof3 DIS Veteran

Slightly :offtopic:, but it is about traveling and CC points did get her there, but if anyone is interested, my DD is writing a blog while she is abroad. Shameless mom plug, I think it is great, just not often enough! She has done some great little trips so far and has not posted about any of them yet. One of her best friends is coming to visit her this week and the next week is her spring break so I will probably have to wait awhile for the next installment.

kmc8826, Chancery8, tink1970 and 8 others like this.
  6. LuckyMamaInDE

LuckyMamaInDE DIS Veteran

Added to my calendar---I'll have to book dd's Thanksgiving and Christmas flights! Last spring by the time I got to her Thanksgiving return to school, all the WGA flights were sold out :eek: She got to enjoy Business Select for the first time :laughing:

7. striker1064

striker1064 DIS Veteran

Only if you can make use of that Cat 5 cert (which is harder now with all the devaluations last month). It comes 6-8 weeks after your anniversary, so you have to pay the AF to get it.

8. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

I was also searching around for some upcoming flights I still need to book and was shocked SW was coming up more expensive than United.

9. elgerber

elgerber DIS Veteran

Yeah, I am seeing some horrible prices/points for October. Outrageously high!

Back to the PNC funding, I lowered my CA limit to $100 before I did mine a couple of months ago. If that's why they are being rejected, doesn't that mean they will code as a CA and won't count toward the MSR?

10. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

that's up to 35k points,right?

calypso726 likes this.
  11. mamathompson

mamathompson Mouseketeer

:offtopic: I am sure since you are all so financially savvy you already knew this, but I had no idea and neither did my immediate circle. My DH was adamant we check multiple lenders for our upcoming mortgage. Our third quote was a full 2% less interest than the first one. After that, quotes 1 and 2 wanted a chance to beat quote 3. I honestly had no idea shopping around would save us so much money. I figured they would all be pretty similar. I obviously still have a lot to learn!

12. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

Thanks! I’ll post pics tonight from the plane if there is Wi-Fi

Will do thanks!

If you are able to use the cat 5 cert which is for a property up to 35k then yes. The Residence Inn I just booked in NYC is a 35k property and the cash rate for the night was $528. I’ll be keeping my Bonvoy business card even when it goes up to $125.

hsmamato2, NewbieMom, mmmears and 6 others like this.
  13. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

Im staying here April and will report back. My neighbor swears by it for his go to business hotel in nyc.

14. WVMomof3

WVMomof3 DIS Veteran

I clearly don’t know much about technology. Lol. Thought I could post DDs blog on the sly. And she texts me with did you post my blog on your Disney board? Um, yes I did, my friends want to know about your travels. :rotfl2: Had no idea she could tell that I posted it. She didn’t tell me to take it down, so I guess it is ok.

15. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

Omg please!!! Still waiting!!

alryan likes this.
  16. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Sometimes I like to just grab a muffin or granola bar or something to tide me over, that way when we get to the park we can do a few things then stop for breakfast. Especially if there's a few minutes' walk or something, I eat it while we walk. I'm not familiar with Tokyo so I don't know what kind of 'travel' to the park that Hilton has.

wendow and Haley R like this.
  17. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Good for you, that's great! Definitely shop around for everything, the worst someone can say is 'no'. It's great that both companies are interested in beating it, some will say 'oh well, good luck to ya' but most will want your business and can work with you. Then you get the best of both worlds, the interest rate you want with the company you prefer. As always just make sure the terms are similar so they aren't getting it back on the backend, but interest rates, insurance, service contracts, all kinds of stuff are usually flexible. Yay! for saving money wherever it comes from :)

alryan and mamathompson like this.
  18. WVMomof3

WVMomof3 DIS Veteran

Thank you! Was able to close card today and get fee refunded. Fee posted on Feb 1st.

19. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

I was going to write something and now that I am caught up... o_O

20. Tikitoi

Tikitoi DIS Veteran

Same for me for Q1. I put myself on a cc diet knowing I'd have a big MSR coming up. So even going into Q2 I will be limiting my spend on my CF. But at least I'm halfway through that 5k spend. Once this MSR is complete I will get excited over CF categories again...

wendow and alryan like this.
  21. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

So DH's new Bonvoy Amex just came and it's on SPG cardstock. He needs to use it at Marriott hotels to meet spend. It works just like a Marriott card would, right? Same bonuses? It's just so confusing.