I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone do the AT&T offer with Chase yet? Two transactions of $15 and get $40 back? I did a $20 and a $15 purchase on AT&T a week ago and the offer has disappeared from my Chase card (isn't showing up in redeemed yet either). Maybe just slow Chase offers, just didn't know if anyone else had gotten a credit. Tried to search on r/churning but couldn't find anything.

I think I remember reading on the old thread that someone was able to use 3 gc's online but if you wanted to use more than that, you'd have to call in and that process was a pain for someone.

(Haha- This is what I meant in my last posting about me not reading who's actually posting what...all I can remember is "someone" posted, which I know isn't that helpful.)

Well that is helpful enough for me at this point. I only have 2 to use. Thanks

New thread looks great! Thanks for setting that up SouthFayetteFan.
Quick question, DH got the Discover savings account bonus a few months ago. Can I also open one in my name for the bonus? I would move the money from his to mine. I'm assuming it's fine, but wasn't sure about same address etc.

Loving the new thread!!

PNC - thanks for the tips of putting my savings in Growth mine is at 2.4%. Do I need to make deposits direct into growth or is it ok to put into spend to trigger the higher interest rate. This “wallet” is totally confusing!!!

Actually, that makes me wonder about adding links to one of the stickies. What do you think @SouthFayetteFan, oh benevolent dictator, could football stats share space with links to posts on the thread where people have given really good instructions on how to accomplish certain objectives, like using Delta GCs? Or is that making it too easy? I thought "someone" wrote a good post about how to save content for future reference but I don't recall any of the details.
I am torn on having a comment linking to “best content” or “best tips” etc. @afan mentioned not wanting to make it too easy to find this stuff. I’m not sure of the thoughts there of the entire community..:

Quick question, DH got the Discover savings account bonus a few months ago. Can I also open one in my name for the bonus? I would move the money from his to mine. I'm assuming it's fine, but wasn't sure about same address etc.

Should be fine. I opened up individual Discover savings for both DH & I in late 2016 with no issues whatsoever. But I was putting in money from external accounts, not from one Discover account directly to another, so in your case I would transfer money as follows your account > external account > his new account.

Do you think a short list of the regulars and their relative respective areas of expertise would be beneficial. The thread moves fast and sometimes a question may be asked but missed and knowing who to tag about that question would help. A short list of the Delta hostages, the AA hostages, the bank bonus gurus, SW experts, Schwab cash out King, using airline partner peeps etc.
I don’t want to forget anybody (or offend anybody not named an expert)...and that also sounds like a lot of upkeep lol. I will respectfully decline this idea for now but anybody else is welcome to identify and maintain this list (especially somebody else with a page 1 comment LOL)

I am torn on having a comment linking to “best content” or “best tips” etc. @afan mentioned not wanting to make it too easy to find this stuff. I’m not sure of the thoughts there of the entire community..:

Yeah, I can totally see that, especially for the more sensitive content. Of course, it's a judgement call as to what is sensitive. I'm fine either way. I do wish there was a way for me to curate info that applies to me and my situation under my login.

ETA: I guess I can always make my own Google doc and paste links into there.

Well that is helpful enough for me at this point. I only have 2 to use. Thanks

Found the posts I was referring to:

@GlamMistress said:
I agrre with this. I have hundreds in DL gift cards that I haven't/cannot use. You cannot pay for seat upgrades, etc with a giftcard. Fares only. When I called in to apply multiple gift cards once it worked but the call was over an hour talking with a non native English speaker and very painful.

@trstno1 said:
I don't know if this is a recent change as I don't recall ever using a Delta gift card before, but last week I booked a Delta flight for my daughter online and it allowed me to apply 3 gift cards. It was really easy. It would not work for $+miles reservations, but it was no problem on a cash only reservation.

Discover isn't limited to household, you can each get it. I concur with @platamama , it'd be easier if it came in as new money. I found it faster for mine to setup initial funding as a small amount, like $50, then setup another transfer for the large balance. I got both within a few days and the bonus posted next day - 5 business days total between opening and bonus because we were fortunate enough to have the full amount in cash still, so I only needed one transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!