I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been, but I have to admit that all this Chick-fil-A talk makes me want to try it. What's good there?
Good to know. I felt the same about Shake Shack.

I'll bring you some with the nothing bundt cake run, lol.

When I"m watching what I eat, I get grilled nuggets and a side salad total of ( 110+160) 270 cal or a market salad 330 cal.

If I'm in a splurging mood, the regular nuggets (260 cal) with side salad (total of 420) or regular chick fil a sandwhich with extra pickles (440 cal) plus a salad (total 600 cal).

For breakfast I'm a fan of the chicken minis YUM (basically nuggets on tiny buns that are sweet -kind of like Hawaiian rolls). And of course-fountain diet dr pepper!

There are also other salads, a decent chicken soup, chicken tenders and wraps. Other sides include waffle fries, fruit and mac and cheese.

It's a great place to eat if you're watching what you eat and the workers are super polite. I will acknowledge Popeye's spicy chicken sandwhich is better but easier to eat semi healthfully at CFA.

It's really bizarre! Income and credit score are great. I guess his age of accounts might be low if you look only at the ones in his name. I guess our error is that we look at our finances as "ours" and not as individuals. I didn't think of it as adding him to my credit cards, but that they were our cards and I just happened to be the one filling out the application. I'm debating having him try for another biz card or maybe the lowest SW card. I'm just worried about getting a string of denials. I don't know if that has an impact on anything or not. He doesn't really need his own credit history, except to get another SW card so we can get CP (which we don't really need, but thought it would be fun to have that at the same time we have Disney APs). It just never occurred to us that he'd get denied.

So it sounds like you are fairly new to this. Chase has a rule that if you are approved for 5 cards (from any issuer, not just Chase) within 24 months they will not approve another card for you. And this includes being an AU on someone’s account. But does not count most businesses cards. This is what people refer to your 5/24 status. I also used to get cards in DH's name and added me as an AU and figured it was "our" card. But now I see the light! lol I see that DH can have his card, I can sign up for the same card and get double the Sign Up bonus! Yay for that! I also see the benefit in having my own credit history not tied to him. But you may not necessarily want the same cards. Just add the ones you both want strategically. Chase also has a rule where you can only get approved for a business card if you have not applied for a personal or business card from Chase within the last 30 days. So if you do go for the other biz card make sure his failed app ages out of their system before he reapplies. You should be good to try for another SW personal that rule is 2 apps within 30 days. Did you read @SouthFayetteFan's guide to the companion pass on our reddit group? Just want to make sure you know what you are doing and how many points you will need starting next year.

Ok, I know we have several months until our United flight from SYD but...from SYD to IAH- Biz and then IAH to ORD to BWI Econ. Will our luggage go Biz the whole to BWI or will it switch?

I've never been, but I have to admit that all this Chick-fil-A talk makes me want to try it. What's good there?
I tried it when they first opened in our area. Meh. I also am not crazy about their business practices so really no reason to go back.
At the age of (almost) 50 - I experienced my first Chick-fil-A a couple weeks ago. I won't be rushing back.
Exactly. I don’t get the hype. I prefer Culver’s but generally don’t eat much fast food. (and Culver’s isn’t exactly fast food since you usually have to wait for the food )

We stayed at the WA in mid-June and were upgraded to a suite (after asking). I think it was the lowest level suite (we could have paid to go bigger) but it was really nice. We've never been upgraded at any Hilton property without asking.
Good to know. I typically speak up at Marriott and have gotten some nice rooms.

We've stayed at the Doubletree many times and we really like it for the value. Getting to USO is a bit more painful than the on-site hotels with boats, but manageable IMO (probably similar to Cabana Bay). We've tried all of the transportation options and there's not a clear winner. The shuttle to the parks is pretty great but it can be hard getting a spot so reserve early the day before. The bridge should help walking. It's also better if you cut through the HRH parking lot.

I love the breakfast benefit. We load up and that gives us a good start on the day. They've always accommodated the whole table (there's 5 of us) without any issue. They even let us get three to go when we left early to get in line for Hagrid's on opening day.

This is one of the few Hiltons I've been at that has done a good job rewarding diamond status. They've upgraded us to corner rooms when we asked and are free with the cookies and water.

Feel free to PM or reply if you have follow-ups. We've been there a lot.
Thanks! I think it is super cheap in Jan so maybe we’ll get it a try. How is the pool? We are used to the nice pools at the USO resorts.

Has anyone ever noticed ANY offers on their Disney Visa by chance? I think it's curious I get offers on my checking out but not my Disney card.

I tried it when they first opened in our area. Meh. I also am not crazy about their business practices so really no reason to go back.

Exactly. I don’t get the hype. I prefer Culver’s but generally don’t eat much fast food. (and Culver’s isn’t exactly fast food since you usually have to wait for the food )

Also their donation record. They've changed that up recently, but it was enough to keep me away from C-f-a for quite some time. If I want chicken, I like Raising Cane's.

Chick Fil A number 3 8-count with a cherry coke. Had it today... also had breakfast there yesterday... DH and I basically go there for lunch every Saturday when we’re out running errands lol. We really don’t eat any other fast food unless we happen to be traveling home from a horse show on a Sunday.

After being so busy and then out of town I finally used my 20% off coupon at Target today. Nothing terribly exciting but a ton of groceries and stocking up. I saved $114. Focus on that and not how much I spent. :)

I am now at $1525 for the Discover this quarter...so back to the drawer.

I am glad Amazon had the extra MR offer this month. Sadly I am now close to meeting that too. December is just so expensive!

Also their donation record. They've changed that up recently, but it was enough to keep me away from C-f-a for quite some time. If I want chicken, I like Raising Cane's.
I’ll have to try Raising Canes. The only one I have seen around here is near work (12 miles from home) and I don’t have time after work (plus I get free food at work.).

ETA Apparently there is one only 7 miles from my house. There are more around than I realized but they make kind of a circle around my house, northwest, Southwest, south, and southeast.

Hello,

I'm here asking for your help. I'm trying to figure out what I should do first. I tried a small Chase offer about 3 years ago and got a few hundred dollars in gift cards. This thread made that all possible. It was so much fun!!!
I closed that account probably in 2017. My DH passed in 2017 and I just needed to simplify my life.

But now I'm ready to try this again.

0/24 no new credit

I can spend around $1000 on groceries, gas, cable, cell phone, insurance in a month. It's just me now so I don't spend as much.

I have one credit card I often have a small balance on-$500 to $1000. I don't use any other cards that have interest charges. I usually utilize 0% APR on my store credit cards, best buy, homedepot, etc so I don't pay interest. I have a stove and dining room set that I will spread out over the next year to pay off.

I enjoy my disney trips and fly southwest every time. I often travel with my DD and 2 granddaughters. I wanted to try the SW companion pass someday but it's too late for 2020. I am planning on a wdw trip in May 2020 and then more trips in 2021. I might get an annual pass for 2021 with the big anniversary coming up in WDW. So I will be working on some discounted Disney gift cards also.

I was filling out the SW application for 40,000 points with $1000 MSR and thought I should come back this thread and do more research.

Long term goal of mine is to travel to Europe for a 2 week extended vacation someday :)

What should I do first?

Ditto!!! I loved it as a child but will not eat there now. Raising Canes though... yummy! Are there just last Saturday when DH was released from the hospital. Just happened to be released at lunch time and it just happened to be across the street. Convenient, no?? 😜 I always get double toast instead of fries. I could live on that toast.

I'll bring you some with the nothing bundt cake run, lol.

When I"m watching what I eat, I get grilled nuggets and a side salad total of ( 110+160) 270 cal or a market salad 330 cal.

If I'm in a splurging mood, the regular nuggets (260 cal) with side salad (total of 420) or regular chick fil a sandwhich with extra pickles (440 cal) plus a salad (total 600 cal).

For breakfast I'm a fan of the chicken minis YUM (basically nuggets on tiny buns that are sweet -kind of like Hawaiian rolls). And of course-fountain diet dr pepper!

There are also other salads, a decent chicken soup, chicken tenders and wraps. Other sides include waffle fries, fruit and mac and cheese.

It's a great place to eat if you're watching what you eat and the workers are super polite. I will acknowledge Popeye's spicy chicken sandwhich is better but easier to eat semi healthfully at CFA.
CFA and NBC! Two of my all times favorites!

After being so busy and then out of town I finally used my 20% off coupon at Target today. Nothing terribly exciting but a ton of groceries and stocking up. I saved $114. Focus on that and not how much I spent. :)
We also went to today with the 20% coupon and $300 GC. Bought groceries, dog food, kitty litter, etc and spent the entire GC. Never spent that much in one visit at target ever!

Hello,

I'm here asking for your help. I'm trying to figure out what I should do first. I tried a small Chase offer about 3 years ago and got a few hundred dollars in gift cards. This thread made that all possible. It was so much fun!!!
I closed that account probably in 2017. My DH passed in 2017 and I just needed to simplify my life.

But now I'm ready to try this again.

0/24 no new credit

I can spend around $1000 on groceries, gas, cable, cell phone, insurance in a month. It's just me now so I don't spend as much.

I have one credit card I often have a small balance on-$500 to $1000. I don't use any other cards that have interest charges. I usually utilize 0% APR on my store credit cards, best buy, homedepot, etc so I don't pay interest. I have a stove and dining room set that I will spread out over the next year to pay off.

I enjoy my disney trips and fly southwest every time. I often travel with my DD and 2 granddaughters. I wanted to try the SW companion pass someday but it's too late for 2020. I am planning on a wdw trip in May 2020 and then more trips in 2021. I might get an annual pass for 2021 with the big anniversary coming up in WDW. So I will be working on some discounted Disney gift cards also.

I was filling out the SW application for 40,000 points with $1000 MSR and thought I should come back this thread and do more research.

Long term goal of mine is to travel to Europe for a 2 week extended vacation someday :)

What should I do first?
I’ll PM you an invite to DISchurners (our reddit group). I have a writeup over there on the companion pass that will be very helpful. It is NOT too late for a 2020 SW CP. In fact it’s the perfect time to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter