I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I am looking at using some of our FNC at the WA also. Did you get any upgrade for being Diamond?

We did not but we also didn’t ask. The standard room was quite nice. I’d book here again in a heart beat despite some of the challenges we’ve had with the parking. I’ll get into that when I do the hotel review.

My stockpile of HH points is slowly building, I’ve been thinking about the Doubletree by Universal for our many visits. Any thoughts on it? How is the walk to the parks? The bridge is operational now. I am Hilton Diamond so we would get breakfast which would be nice.

We've stayed at the Doubletree many times and we really like it for the value. Getting to USO is a bit more painful than the on-site hotels with boats, but manageable IMO (probably similar to Cabana Bay). We've tried all of the transportation options and there's not a clear winner. The shuttle to the parks is pretty great but it can be hard getting a spot so reserve early the day before. The bridge should help walking. It's also better if you cut through the HRH parking lot.

I love the breakfast benefit. We load up and that gives us a good start on the day. They've always accommodated the whole table (there's 5 of us) without any issue. They even let us get three to go when we left early to get in line for Hagrid's on opening day.

This is one of the few Hiltons I've been at that has done a good job rewarding diamond status. They've upgraded us to corner rooms when we asked and are free with the cookies and water.

Feel free to PM or reply if you have follow-ups. We've been there a lot.

So, to follow up on this, does anyone have any advice on building up a personal credit history for DH? He caledl the Chase recon line today and ended the call saying he'd never felt so inconsequential before. DH was approved for the Chase SW Performance Biz a couple of months ago, but got denied this week for the SW Priority because he "doesn't have enough credit cards". He's an AU on 3 of my Chase cards, has a Citi card, we've had a mortgage for decades, never any late payments on anything, both have 800+ credit scores...we're kind of laughing that he can't get himself a credit card, but it's also kind of annoying. Does he need to try to get another card from someone other than Chase? Could he just keep using and paying off the SW Biz for a period of time and then reapply for a different Chase SW card? We've never had to "fix" our credit before so we don't know what to do. Thanks!

Wow. Seems like he has credit history. Not sure what the problem is. Is his Average age of accounts low? Low income? Sometimes the “higher” ccs are harder to get for low income or new users. I would think he might be able to get one of the lower SW cards. Have you thought about going for the 2nd biz instead of a personal? Though I guess that only helps with the companion pass and not building his personal credit. I would stop adding him to your accounts though. You will lock him out of his own chase cards soon.

Omg. At chick fil a for my grub hub order. Pretty much every table is taken and they only have one cashier working. I seriously need to win the lottery and buy a chick fil a franchise in an upper middle class suburb:)
I had Chick-fil-A for dinner! Our Chick-fil-A drive thru is always crazy. I went inside to order and it took like 5 minutes.

Nice! I am looking at using some of our FNC at the WA also. Did you get any upgrade for being Diamond?

We stayed at the WA in mid-June and were upgraded to a suite (after asking). I think it was the lowest level suite (we could have paid to go bigger) but it was really nice. We've never been upgraded at any Hilton property without asking.

Wow. Seems like he has credit history. Not sure what the problem is. Is his Average age of accounts low? Low income? Sometimes the “higher” ccs are harder to get for low income or new users. I would think he might be able to get one of the lower SW cards. Have you thought about going for the 2nd biz instead of a personal? Though I guess that only helps with the companion pass and not building his personal credit. I would stop adding him to your accounts though. You will lock him out of his own chase cards soon.

It's really bizarre! Income and credit score are great. I guess his age of accounts might be low if you look only at the ones in his name. I guess our error is that we look at our finances as "ours" and not as individuals. I didn't think of it as adding him to my credit cards, but that they were our cards and I just happened to be the one filling out the application. I'm debating having him try for another biz card or maybe the lowest SW card. I'm just worried about getting a string of denials. I don't know if that has an impact on anything or not. He doesn't really need his own credit history, except to get another SW card so we can get CP (which we don't really need, but thought it would be fun to have that at the same time we have Disney APs). It just never occurred to us that he'd get denied.

Omg. At chick fil a for my grub hub order. Pretty much every table is taken and they only have one cashier working. I seriously need to win the lottery and buy a chick fil a franchise in an upper middle class suburb:)
One opened less than a mile from me. It's a circus. There are about 6 of them in a ten mile radius around me. People love this stuff.

Edit: I lied. There are 11 of them in a ten mile radius.

You’ve NEVER been to Chick-fil-A?!?!?!?! What???

I only get the nuggets because I think they’re amazing

Seriously, never. I'll keep the nuggets in mind if I ever get over there.

I always get the grilled chicken sandwich, and toss most of the bun. The lemonade is good mixed with sweet tea.

Thanks. Is it any different from normal grilled chicken (asking since we make that at home pretty much every week and I'm getting tired of it)?

I've never been, but I have to admit that all this Chick-fil-A talk makes me want to try it. What's good there?
Their milkshakes are very good. My son likes chicken strips and my daughter likes the chick fil a sandwich. The waffle fries are very good. I've been there far too often lately--trying to get my son to maintain his weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!