I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have a question you savvy churners may be able to answer. My husband was just notified that he is receiving a $1000 delta gift card as a bonus for a job he worked on. We pretty exclusively fly swa and delta offers nothing non-stop to Orlando from KC. My question is does anyone know of any ways to redeem a delta gift card for points or SOMETHING that would be more useable for us? He already has enough swa points from work travel to get us the flights we need for a potential babymoon in a few months and I'd rather use the delta $ toward a hotel if possible. The delta site doesn't list any other options besides applying to air travel, but I thought you folks might know some tricks. Thanks!

My first thought would be to use it through Delta Vacations. You do have to book a flight for at least 1 person and hotel for 2 nights, so you may want to price the difference between Southwest and Delta for your flight/hotel combo. Several people on her booked a "throwaway" flight to Orlando so they could book Disney hotels and/or purchase Disney tickets for a reduced price, then flew Southwest to Orlando.

My first thought would be to use it through Delta Vacations. You do have to book a flight for at least 1 person and hotel for 2 nights, so you may want to price the difference between Southwest and Delta for your flight/hotel combo. Several people on her booked a "throwaway" flight to Orlando so they could book Disney hotels and/or purchase Disney tickets for a reduced price, then flew Southwest to Orlando.
Next idea would be to sell it on Raise or CardCash. You would lose some value, but you would have cash to use it for whatever you like.

Hey, I have a question you savvy churners may be able to answer. My husband was just notified that he is receiving a $1000 delta gift card as a bonus for a job he worked on. We pretty exclusively fly swa and delta offers nothing non-stop to Orlando from KC. My question is does anyone know of any ways to redeem a delta gift card for points or SOMETHING that would be more useable for us? He already has enough swa points from work travel to get us the flights we need for a potential babymoon in a few months and I'd rather use the delta $ toward a hotel if possible. The delta site doesn't list any other options besides applying to air travel, but I thought you folks might know some tricks. Thanks!

You can probably do a Delta Vacations hotel/transportation package (check the fine print on the gift card). If it's a WDW onsite hotel then you can add Magical Express as the transportation (free). You can also add park tickets.

I'm slightly regretting not jumping on the no-AF link a few weeks ago, but I won't dwell on it. I didn't need to be poking the RAT. I also didn't have Hilton plans in 2020, and now I do. This card pays for itself and then some.

I wish the timing had been right for me for the no-fee! That would save me a lot of anxiety, not to mention MONEY!

I’m just surprised companies still expect people to pay by a check. I guess it’s for people like my mom who just stopped using checks at the grocery store this year lol

Yeah I am getting pretty sick and tired of convenience fees, processing fees... at least with Plastiq I am paying a fee to be able to do something I couldn't do otherwise. HOA fees can just... take a flying leap. The bill pay feature through my credit union is still the best... unless one is trying to meet at MSR!!

Just to add:

$250 Hilton Resort Credit
During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date.

So... you think I should wait till January to apply? I want to use the credit in November 2020. I sure won't use it in December 2019!!

Speaking of this... I was just trying to track down the contacts I ordered and they have also been sitting at the large Denver UPS location for 4 days :badpc: They say out for delivery today so fingers crossed. Henderson is not far from me, maybe I could have gotten your package and mailed it to you :rotfl:

It finally arrived today! It left late last night and arrived in town this morning and was delivered. Funny I just got a email from FedEx saying I can get a competitive advantage in my business as starting in January they will start Sunday delivery... Odd that this shipment started out as supposed to be delivered Sunday before they started offering that. LOL.

Also sharing another email which went to my spam folder: And just for the record, this is a phishing email: you can check Chase's fraud pages to verify this. The phone number is a 'real' Chase number, but the email is not from Chase. Beware.

mail
Your card has been locked due to suspicious activity to prevent unauthorised use.Any new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers will be declined. Recurring transactions (such as gym memberships and magazine/TV subscriptions), fees and credits will continue without interruption. If anyone uses this account, their card is also locked.

What can you expect now?

*We’ll notify you by email of any attempt to make a new purchase with this locked card.

To protect and keep your Chase account up to date, Please UPDATE YOUR CHASE ACCOUNT immediately through our verification process at update your chase account.

*If the card is permanently lost or stolen, you can cancel the card and request a new one.

If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-877-242-7372.

Last edited:
So this email came from Chase just now:

mail
when you open and fund an account with qualifying new money.*​
Also enjoy unlimited commission-free online stock, ETF, and options1 trades for your first year - just $2.95 thereafter.
$0 minimum to start.
Options contract and other fees may apply**

You can only participate in one Sapphire Checking, Chase Private Client Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period.​
Your coupon code:​

Bonuses are always good (remember they'll charge if you move a retirement account away from them- like most brokers) but I could not believe they intend to charge people COMMISSIONS after their first year! Like... whaaaat?! In this day and age? Did they miss the last month or something when commissions went the way of the dinosaur? :rotfl2:

Approved for the Hilton Aspire. No pop up!

I'm slightly regretting not jumping on the no-AF link a few weeks ago, but I won't dwell on it. I didn't need to be poking the RAT. I also didn't have Hilton plans in 2020, and now I do. This card pays for itself and then some.

Congratulations! DH wants that card (we have friends who just love it) but I keep saying we should wait until we have actual plans to stay at a Hilton. Totally jealous of your Spring Break plans!

I want to use the credit in November 2020. I sure won't use it in December 2019!!

If you open the Aspire this month, the $250 resort credit would be good until Dec X 2020. User/anniversary year is based on when you open the card, NOT the calendar. So Dec would be your $250 resort credit reset whereas Jan would be the $250 airline fee reset. The issue would be trying to spend the airline fee by the end of December...so if you wanted to keep everything simple, then January would be the time to apply.

Remind me, do employee cards on business accounts count for 24 status?

My mom decided on going for a companion pass. I wasn't sure it's the right path for her but after explaining lots of cards to the best of my knowledge she was sure it was what she wanted. She wants to add her husband as an employee of possible.

Remind me, do employee cards on business accounts count for 24 status?

My mom decided on going for a companion pass. I wasn't sure it's the right path for her but after explaining lots of cards to the best of my knowledge she was sure it was what she wanted. She wants to add her husband as an employee of possible.
Nope, you can add DH to your Chase CCs and not impact his x/24 status. I did that for AmEx to get more offers :)

Last edited:
DS’s private school is roping me to getting their swag since they have UA sweatshirts and T-shirts and just added Vineyard Vines...and since they can only wear attire with the school name on it, it is necessity since DS has to go outside between buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter