I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow and I realize I posted this on r/churning and the DIS SW thread but never here. I apologize guys!!!!

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur WEDNESDAY, December 11th! For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget!
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 6/6/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 8/10/20 (covering almost the entire summer). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times Eastern):
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

Its not sitting in CO is it?? My FedEx package was supposed to be here Sunday, then it was bumped to Wed now it was bumped to Thur by midnight... Wondering if they are having a massive storm for the past four days??

For Chrome I used AdBlock on my laptop but its getting a bit too much commercial and allowing ads from people who pay them...

Can't bring myself to use that. :rotfl2:

I am going to try the mobile ad block suggestions above and see how it goes.

@SouthFayetteFan is the SW Pro, its about time for his SW-eve reminder post.... *hint* *hint*
Nope, it’s in Georgia. FedEx just decided to ship it a day late. What’s great is it’s the chair my parents bought so we got a $30 gc for something we didn’t even buy lol

Last edited:
Wow and I realize I posted this on r/churning and the DIS SW thread but never here. I apologize guys!!!!

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur WEDNESDAY, December 11th! For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget!
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 6/6/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 8/10/20 (covering almost the entire summer). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times Eastern):
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
😯 😯 I know, I know @DaveL...

source.gif

(In case this wasn’t clear... I am the loser...)

@Haley R here is your vegan queso recipe (credit to Chloe Flavor cookbook):

1 cup water
1 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp nutritional yest (this is part of the cheese substitute)
4 oz tomato sauce (oops I've always used tomato paste)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground tumeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I omit this)
2 tsp agave nectar

Combine in a blender until smooth. Heat in a small saucepan for 5 minutes until warmed (I've never done this). I make half the recipe and it's delicious! Highly recommend. It's good on just about anything, though we use for stir fry and tacos. I've also frozen unused portions and it thaws well! As long as you can eat nuts you should be safe with this recipe!

My stockpile of HH points is slowly building, I’ve been thinking about the Doubletree by Universal for our many visits. Any thoughts on it? How is the walk to the parks? The bridge is operational now. I am Hilton Diamond so we would get breakfast which would be nice.

Have zero thoughts on the Hilton but I can tell you all about the walk. Lol. We stayed at the Hyatt house, just across the street. And as you may remember, DH was at work and I was left alone and did not do the parks. So one day I just walked around and measured distances. Lol I meant do a write up on our hotel thread and was going to add walk time and distance. Now it’s been so long and I have so many screenshots I’m a little confused on what I did. But here are the ones I can figure out. It will be much better with the crosswalk. It sometimes took up to 5 minutes to get the walk signal.

This was Hyatt to the Blue Universal Globe in front of Studios. You will walk in by the valet drop off and go through security there.

41FF2950-FBFF-4B1E-9F96-7F032A555BB7.jpeg

By comparison here is Royal Pacific to Blue Globe
6C7486E0-6C10-4B97-BE12-41D79CCE5306.jpeg

And here is Portofino to Globe

82D6D770-50FF-4DD6-AF75-DCD78E10C657.jpeg

If you wanted slightly less walking, you could take boat to Portofino and walk from there.

F7F5958E-1F3C-4E76-8E80-8C342D08FCC5.jpeg

There was not a lot of difference in my walk to corner vs the Hilton. I believe I measured that walk at 0.12 mile. Though the big time difference was the additional wait for that crosswalk that the Hyatt has to do.

It’s that darn RotR thread. It’s just been an obsession for me recently and has totally distracted me from my duties here!!!

“His Benevolency” has clearly failed you all. I will get thee to the shunnery posthaste.
I can’t ride until May so I gave up on that thread lol

Saw it mentioned a bunch of places BUT I'm not sure if it was actually mentioned here, lol. From what I've read it will only keep track of flights cancelled after December 3rd. I honestly haven't read a ton on it because it doesn't matter to me but just putting it out there that ALL of your available travel funds may not show there.

I'd also not rely on this exclusively but also continue to keep track separately in a safe spreadsheet (but I'm super paranoid about trusting things, lol)

I don’t have any travel funds since we use points....and agree with you I definitely keep track of everything myself too

My stockpile of HH points is slowly building, I’ve been thinking about the Doubletree by Universal for our many visits. Any thoughts on it? How is the walk to the parks? The bridge is operational now. I am Hilton Diamond so we would get breakfast which would be nice.
I did a review of that property on our hotel reviews thread. I can’t remember if I noted the walking time or not lol. I’d imagine it was like 15ish minutes.

I was all excited for 30 seconds, thinking I could do away with the post-it notes on the bulletin board next to my computer. But for some reason they don't have my 2 outstanding travel funds listed. when I put in all the info they show up. My RR# and my KTN are always on my ressies.

sorry..looks like it only tracks for travel funds earned after a certain date

sorry..looks like it only tracks for travel funds earned after a certain date
@georgina - Here’s a comment about that:

In your Travel Funds page, all funds earned on or after December 3, 2019 will be automatically tracked for you. No more having to keep track of all your canceled reservation numbers and credit amounts manually. For Travel Funds received prior to this date, you can still use the travel funds look up page.

From this blog writeup:
https://dealswelike.boardingarea.com/southwest-travel-funds/

Is that a new precaution? I don't recall ever being told that in the 90's with my 3 pregnancies.
Not sure when they started saying it..my daughter was born in 1990 and no mention of it...I eat my steak, burgers etc medium rare
But my sisters daughter was told not to eat cold cuts, hot dogs, burgers etc had to be well done when she was pregnant in 2011

Not sure when they started saying it..my daughter was born in 1990 and no mention of it...I eat my steak, burgers etc medium rare
But my sisters daughter was told not to eat cold cuts, hot dogs, burgers etc had to be well done when she was pregnant in 2011
I was told burgers have to be well done but things like steak don’t. They just have to have a good sear on them. That’s because hamburger is all mixed up so all of it has to be well done

I’ve been eating brats but we cook them on the grill until the cheese is coming out (cheese brats). I think the only cheese that’s risky that I like would be queso and I very rarely eat it. I wouldn’t listen to friends or family when it comes to something this serious. The doctor can tell me what to eat or what not to eat
Queso = cheese. But there are different types of queso. Queso fresco, queso blanco, queso blanco, queso Oaxaca... the highest risk would be Fresco but in the US milk is generally pasteurized unless you buy from the farmer, so unless you make the cheese at home with unpasteurized milk, it should be good. Brats are usually raw meat (unless you buy the precooked white ones) and if you’re cooking until not raw you’re good. Not the same as hot dogs which some people eat un-heated. ETA: some recommendations are to avoid Queso Fresco even if pasteurized.

Last edited:
Queso = cheese. But there are different types os queso. Queso fresco, queso blanco, queso blanco, queso Oaxaca... the highest risk would be Fresco but in the US milk is generally pasteurized unless you buy from the farmer, so unless you make the cheese at home with unpasteurized milk, it should be good. Brats are usually raw meat (unless you buy the precooked white ones) and if you’re cooking until not raw you’re good. Not the same as hot dogs which some people eat un-heated.
We buy precooked brats. They aren’t white though. They’re just the Johnsonville beddar cheddar kind. Eat cold hot dogs??? That’s disgusting

We buy precooked brats. They aren’t white though. They’re just the Johnsonville beddar cheddar kind. Eat cold hot dogs??? That’s disgusting
Wait Johnsonville makes precooked brats? I guess I’ve never looked for cooked ones, but the Johnsonville ones common here are raw.
We get these
BDE20B25-21BD-483F-9A8C-977B3FE74E4C.png

Are yours like this? Then they’re hot dogs and yes, well cooked is needed.
Ideally cooking to 165. Get an instant read thermometer, easy to check. Same for burgers. Ideally the cheeses to avoid are soft-ripened cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, or Mexican-style queso blanco, even if pasteurized according to some sources.
48B9EB1A-6486-4276-843A-39367354230B.png

Wait Johnsonville makes precooked brats? I guess I’ve never looked for cooked ones, but the Johnsonville ones common here are raw.
We get these
View attachment 458017

Are yours like this? Then they’re hot dogs and yes, well cooked is needed.
Ideally cooking to 165. Get an instant read thermometer, easy to check. Same for burgers. Ideally the cheeses to avoid are soft-ripened cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, or Mexican-style queso blanco, even if pasteurized according to some sources.
View attachment 458018
Are hot dogs and brats the new pop tarts for the thread?? 🤣 I love our off topic fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter