I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently cooking sausage and peppers in a crockpot and chicken gyros in the IP.
That website is great. When we gutted our kitchen I used tons of recipes from that site. No kitchen for 6+ weeks so I set up the dining room to cook with IP, crock pot, rice cooker and electric frypan. I used the slow cooker the most, I would throw everything in before leaving for work and it would be done when I got home and would set to warm. Then add noodles or rice cooked in the rice cooker. I didn’t use the rice cooker much before that but found it easy and it doesn’t take up a burner on the stove when I’m cooking. I frequently have 2 larger pans on the stove which actually doesn’t leave room to use the rear burners.
So many ideas! I may or may not have spent most of my work day looking at recipes :rolleyes1

Yes, we're getting a Precor EFX 222. When I went to a gym, I got very attached to the Precor brand ellipticals. I grew equally attached to the Life Fitness treadmills. We bought one of those about 18 months ago. My advice is to spend the money and get something that is club level. If you need to save up, then wait and do that. Otherwise the frame will shake below you. This is true of both ellipticals and treadmills.

https://www.precorhomefitness.com/p...qBNfzuggbNOgQGTVclZX-iliYO9QWPykaAhGfEALw_wcB
Thank you for the advice. That actually really looks like the model we tend to use at our gym currently.
College bowl games were not on my radar when I decided to go to Tampa over New Years. 🤦‍♀️ Not even teams we care about but thinking it will make the whole area crowded. Busch Garden "fast pass" things are going for $99 those days. Yikes. I said I would never go to Disney during Christmas break, not really sure why I thought this would be better. lol
If you are thinking of buying the fp things check UCT, I saw them for $48 there when they wanted $89 on our days. Just have to make sure and purchase a few days ahead.

Mine is pretty straight forward. Had a $50 GC, ordered 2 items for ~$47 so I have a ~$3 balance. Since I cancelled the one item I should have much more available but it is still showing only ~$3. You can see the activity on the card and it has just one transaction for the $47 (even though it should only be ~$12 for the one item I picked up)
Hopefully it rights itself tomorrow, otherwise I guess I'm calling.

mine involved 3 gift cards with small amounts - a couple of those $5 cards and the balance from my last year's $300 card. I had tossed one of the empty $5 cards so was thinking they had credited something to that. They didn't. They had prorated my 15 of 60 offer and the credit was on my larger balanced gift card.

I have 4X MR offer on my personal Amex at Sam’s. I added it a couple months ago and it says it expires 12/31/19. There is no limit posted so I used it a few times there in October, November and now in December too but only see a 4X credit posted for end of October not one for end of November. So now I am wondering if it really is only good for one month or just slower to post. Not that big of a deal except I need to go this week and have a long list. Don’t want to put more spend on that card if I’m not going to get the 4X points. Anyone else have this offer and know?

Lots of DPs of Amex Offers (particularly MR points offers) taking longer than usual to post recently. Since the additional +4 MR is an Amex Offer, it posts separately from your statement. Usually within a few days of the qualifying purchase posting. However, MR points from Amex Offers have been lagging by up to 3 weeks after the qualifying purchase posted. The expiration date is what it is. Keep good records so you can match up any missing points if you need to hound Amex chat.

Lots of DPs of Amex Offers (particularly MR points offers) taking longer than usual to post recently. Since the additional +4 MR is an Amex Offer, it posts separately from your statement. Usually within a few days of the qualifying purchase posting. However, MR points from Amex Offers have been lagging by up to 3 weeks after the qualifying purchase posted. The expiration date is what it is. Keep good records so you can match up any missing points if you need to hound Amex chat.
Thanks, will do! I was only wondering since the first month I used it the extra points posted on October 27- so I just assumed they would post on November 27. I don’t mind waiting for the points, as long as I get them eventually.

All the potluck talk, this is why I am afraid to make food for anyone but my family. I have 3 dogs, and I shed like mad. I always wipe off the counters and wash hands before and during cooking, yet I could never guarantee that a hair would find it's way in. There is just nothing I can do to stop it. I would like to bake something yummy, but I am afraid too. I don't actually have any pot lucks to go to these days anyway.

I have 4X MR offer on my personal Amex at Sam’s. I added it a couple months ago and it says it expires 12/31/19. There is no limit posted so I used it a few times there in October, November and now in December too but only see a 4X credit posted for end of October not one for end of November. So now I am wondering if it really is only good for one month or just slower to post. Not that big of a deal except I need to go this week and have a long list. Don’t want to put more spend on that card if I’m not going to get the 4X points. Anyone else have this offer and know?

I haven't used the offer yet. Is it still showing for you? If it's gone, it was probably one trip/transaction.
here are the terms:
Offer Terms
ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid at US locations, online at US website or via US mobile app. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes customer service phone orders. Excludes in-Club optical centers and eye doctors. Excludes prescription and photo transactions made via mobile app. Excludes Sam's Club fuel, first time memberships purchased online and third party services offered to Sam's Club Members (Auto Buying Program, Payroll, Stationary, Checks, Healthcare, Legal Zoom, Photo Center, Business Payment Solutions, Samsclubcontacts.com, Accounting Services, Business Lending Center, Identity Protection Service, Business Printing, Instacart Groceries, home improvement services, travel and entertainment, pest control, smart home security, and mortgage). Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: You will receive 4 additional Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent using your enrolled American Express Card in accordance with the terms of this offer. The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points. Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 12/31/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. We may not credit additional points to, or we may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B5PL POID: K0BY:0001

I got that lovely email last night that led me to believe I was going to have some 10 % offers at department stores and home improvement stores.

Not so far 0 I have a lovely 50 off 50 for ATT internet fiber something and a couple other things I don't remember. Nothing I will use since I am Comcast all the way.

I haven't used the offer yet. Is it still showing for you? If it's gone, it was probably one trip/transaction.
here are the terms:
Offer Terms
ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid at US locations, online at US website or via US mobile app. Valid at any participating location in the US. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes customer service phone orders. Excludes in-Club optical centers and eye doctors. Excludes prescription and photo transactions made via mobile app. Excludes Sam's Club fuel, first time memberships purchased online and third party services offered to Sam's Club Members (Auto Buying Program, Payroll, Stationary, Checks, Healthcare, Legal Zoom, Photo Center, Business Payment Solutions, Samsclubcontacts.com, Accounting Services, Business Lending Center, Identity Protection Service, Business Printing, Instacart Groceries, home improvement services, travel and entertainment, pest control, smart home security, and mortgage). Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: You will receive 4 additional Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent using your enrolled American Express Card in accordance with the terms of this offer. The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points. Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 12/31/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. We may not credit additional points to, or we may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B5PL POID: K0BY:0001
It is still showing for me. But maybe it was only for one trip....and that’s why November transactions haven’t posted with the 4X.

It is still showing for me. But maybe it was only for one trip....and that’s why November transactions haven’t posted with the 4X.

It's not a one time trip/purchase offer. It applies to all purchases at Sam's Club that are made and posts before 12/31/19. Again, because this is an Amex Offer, the additional +4 MR posts separately (directly to your MR account) from the base/bonus points earned on your Amex card (which shows up on the statement and doesn't post to your account until you make a minimum payment). You can check your earned MR by logging into your Amex account, clicking Rewards on the top nav bar, clicking your Points Balance, and filtering by the card you have the Amex Offer on, status Earned, and month.

I’ve read all the target gift card posts. FOMO but I never shop target so skipping that. Nothing against Target, I just don’t shop much at all.
I know..... I feel the same! I did the last target deal,and planning to go today to use my 20%+ gc I have to use now, but it's a 'forced' shop for me, I don't usually go in there

Wow I must be weird because I always eat at potlucks. I guess I just don’t think about that kind of stuff. I’m far from being a germaphobe
same..... we do so many with our friends etc that I've given up worrying about it lol. My DH still worries tho about certain food items :rotfl: ETA- my personal line is grubby little kids... :rotfl2: :crazy: I LOVE kids, but I dislike their grubby little hands touching stuff that's laid out,and then putting it back,etc. I know a couple of young culprits that pick things up,lick them and put them back:scared:,like a cupcake or whatever..... My policy is to move in to get what I need *before* the kids breathe on it LOL. And where little kids are involved, all extra foods leftover go in trash directly after party is done. hsMama don't save germy kid touched food for later.:rotfl: I learned to set smaller trays out for the taking,so I'd waste less later after the little kiddos had their turn... I guess I'm the mean old lady (that's ok with me)

Last edited:
It's not a one time trip/purchase offer. It applies to all purchases at Sam's Club that are made and posts before 12/31/19. Again, because this is an Amex Offer, the additional +4 MR posts separately (directly to your MR account) from the base/bonus points earned on your Amex card (which shows up on the statement and doesn't post to your account until you make a minimum payment). You can check your earned MR by logging into your Amex account, clicking Rewards on the top nav bar, clicking your Points Balance, and filtering by the card you have the Amex Offer on, status Earned, and month.
Thank you again for confirming that its not a one time. I checked on my Amex account and saw that I had 4X posted on October 27 but not on November 27. That is what prompted me to question if something was wrong. But, hopefully it is just a delay and they will show up. I am still going to use my Amex there this week because I do have some shopping to do. I was going to get a couple Hulu gift cards too since I have the 4X.

I LOVE kids, but I dislike their grubby little hands touching stuff that's laid out,and then putting it back,etc. I know a couple of young culprits that pick things up,lick them and put them back:scared:,like a cupcake or whatever.....
:scared::rotfl:
I totally get what you mean, I'm always just fascinated by this because by the time I was turned loose on potluck/party/buffet food, I had the law laid down to me that that kind of thing was wrong and if I was ever caught doing something like that that not only would I be in trouble but I would also have my solo food privileges revoked. That went along with the expectation to take some vegetable or fruit with my meal unless there was truly nothing I liked in those categories as a picky kid.

I don't have any problem with potlucks and we do them at work all the time. But I tell you what, nothing irks me more than going somewhere like Chipotle and watching somebody reach over the sneezeguard to point at something. Last time I went and someone did that, the girl working there immediately interrupted him and was like "SIR, PLEASE DO NOT REACH OVER THE GLASS." He seemed irritated by her comment, but I was pleased lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter