I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boys walked at 3 as well, but my DD is quite a wimpy little thing and expects royal treatment, so at almost 4 now I am expecting another year of stroller pushing to spare me the whining.

HAH! I must be a pushover! DD was in a stroller at WDW last year at 5... We are going next summer and I have not decided if at 7 we are taking the stroller or not. Yes I know, but it was so nice to keep the cooler of waters in the bottom I don't want to have to carry that around all day. :rotfl2:

The chopping and prepping of veggies takes time but I used to do it on weekends and the fridge would be full of containers of veg prepped for each meal. Then throw it in crockpot or oven.
I used sites like this when we didn’t have a kitchen. I pre-tested to make sure we liked a recipe, then spent a few weekends stocking the freezer.
https://thefamilyfreezer.com/2015/0...yVE9VVmVNMlJrVDlXWktRJm09MyZ0PUFBQUFBRjNwUEk4

Thanks for this, saving for later!

I'll be honest...I love my slow cookers (yes, I have more than one) and I use them often. Because I'm home typically earlier in the day doing school, I prep the meal and then put it in the crock pot so we have dinner even on crazy evenings. I got an IP two years ago and I've just not fallen in love with it. I want to though. Is there a website you recommend or something that is helpful? I want it to be as easy as my crock pot but it seems anything but to me. The few times I have used it, it just seems like a lot of work and I know I'm missing something.

I haven't made any recipes from it yet but I ordered this for my Mom for Christmas. She has an IP that she uses and these sounded like classic and uncomplicated recipes. Gets good reviews on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0399582053?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Do you know how much they roughly cost? I think she has a decent list from me now but I might add that if it’s not too expensive
$40-100 ($100 is R2D2).
My mom thought I was a boy based on HB. She only picked out a boy's name - Stephen Michael - and only had a boy's going home outfit. She had to pick a girl's name on the fly and my grandma run out and buy some pink clothes.
My mom jokes my sister was Jeffrey. They picked that name because her pregnancy was everything opposite of her pregnancy with me. Carried high vs low, sick vs not, weight gain, etc. I don’t think HB was a thought back then.
Oh man lol. That’d be hard to think of a name last minute like that. We know someone that was told it was one gender the entire pregnancy and it came out the opposite gender. They had bought a ton of stuff they couldn’t return because it was the wrong gender
Well, adopting from China 10+ years ago, was mostly girls. And everyone we knew in the process had asked for a girl or twins. When we filled out the paperwork, we didn’t specify gender. Fast forward 41/2 years and we get the call and it’s a boy. Everyone was shocked. (TBH I wasn’t totally surprised and we had picked out a boy name as well though I was totally second guessing our boy name choice. Spent the morning before that phonecall re-reading the baby name book. Lol)
This will be random, but... any suggestions or reviews on dog grooming supplies, specifically tub/table/clippers? Thinking about a christmas gift idea for MIL. 3 large golden doodles, from 60 to 100lb. Not sure what clippers she has now, and she has this tub she got used: https://www.chewy.com/booster-bath-elevated-dog-bathing/dp/145198?utm_id=272259755&msclkid=06cb772e02521f33b30e2ac7e3d63f52&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping-Product Targets-Hard Goods-NB&utm_term=4585032209657076&utm_content=Dog Towels Accessories
Tub is mainly used for clipping so the dogs are up off the floor, not for washing.

DHs family is full of kleptos... not really, but they definitely have an issue with forgetting that they are NOT the ones who purchased something. Dog grooming items fall into this.... mil bought clippers long ago, and her father bought this dog tub at goodwill for her. But her sister borrows both all the time slash basically keeps both all of the time and now seems convinced they were hers to begin with so it just makes it a whole big ordeal when MIL wants to clip her dogs about getting the stuff over to the house, and then getting it back RIGHT AWAY (bc really sister probably grooms hers too much). Mil has been talking about just getting newer better stuff.
I can ask DH tonight. He sells that sort of stuff although I’m not sure how much he actually knows. @calypso726 might have ideas.

I know you all were waiting for an update on the situation, again if you are squeamish avoid what follows and warning this is way off topic-
this morning I got up, my cat Gus is intently watching the stove, I was already running late but was like I have to check, low and behold under the stove on a sticky trap...very traumatic morning for me, but hoping it is just one. I'm going to rearrange the traps tonight and leave them for the next couple weeks until I can pull out the dishwasher to clean to make sure I don't have any other guests

I have a weird question about Amex. For some reason when DH applied for his Platinum last year, Amex just added his MR account to my MR account, so both his and my points are in one account. I think that's because he has been an AU on my gold for over 2 decades. I think that's perfectly fine because really, it's one pocket. The problem I have is what will happen when he cancels his Platinum? Do his points just stay in my account? He has no other MR generating Amex cards (except for his AU on my Gold card).

Wow. No, it doesn't normally work that way. I was an AU on DH's plat for 10 years and when I got my own last year they went into a new MR account.

Since you're dealing with what's probably an error (but hey, it can work in your favor) I would guess they would stay in your account but I don't think there's any way to really know. Hopefully someone with more expertise will address this one.

:offtopic:
Any Midwesterners have a weather geek they follow on Facebook? I enjoyed following that hurricane guy people mentioned last summer, but more interested in speculative snow forecasts pertaining to the Midwest. Anybody follow someone interesting?

WAIT, this really made me laugh. Have I never noticed the chip readers didn't work on the machines that replaced the Mickey head readers because I ALWAYS use a Disney GC? Guess so :rotfl:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/12/05/credit-card-chip-readers-arrive-at-epcot/
If I don’t use a GC then I’m using Apple Pay. Assumed if they had Apple Pay they had chip readers.
I don't get why banks don't make it clearer what those limits are as you are making the transfer. So frustrating. I had a similar thing with Citi. Transferred the $5000 in and got DH's account locked. 45 minute phone call and account was still locked. I gave up and just used bill pay and once that posts I'll just close the account.
Seriously banks suck. (No offense @SouthFayetteFan ) Communication is so bad. IT is so bad. Doing a bank bonus at First Midwest (read: crappy tiny local bank). They locked my account after DHs paycheck was direct deposited into the account. So they had all my money and didn’t bother to tell me they locked it or why. I call to tell them my debit card won’t work and they tell me they never got the copy of my DL, sent snail mail. Then they tell me I can take my DL to local branch (a mile away and next to the Aldi I shop at every week) and they will unlock my account. Why couldn’t they tell me I could take the info to the local branch in the first place instead of snail mail.
After all the discussions about eBates(Rakuten) racking up the MR points, I must say I'm clearly shopping wrong -
View attachment 457057

Once I get the next Big Fat "check" it'll be enough for a Home Depot $25 GC! (14 points shy after the last one) Living the high life :laughing:
I’m usually in the same boat. My big fat check is usually $5-10 but I hit it hard this month and did all my Christmas shopping online. I’m currently at $145 for my Big Fat Check!
Names took us forever too. We had spreadsheets. Our last name is long and starts with a vowel so we agreed that we wanted shortish names that wouldn't create initials that were an odd three-letter word. And then there were the nickname problems, especially with the boys. But I will say that my kids all like their names so I feel like we succeeded.
My nieces initials are OMG and EEG. Poor nephew is KAG with 31 total letters in his name including both X and Z.
The WSJ delivery guy left us a holiday card and inside it said "Merry Christmas Send Xmas Gift Thanks" with his address. Seems counterproductive.
Our Chicago Tribune delivery person does the same. We only get Sunday and half the time it’s wet or missing so No.
I haven't used a slow cooker since I got my IP about 3 years ago. There is no comparison to me. Adventures of a Nurse and This old Gal have blogs and there are loads of ideas in IP FB groups.
But my Instant Pot has slow cook and pressure settings. So you just always use pressure?

@Haley R my Instant Pot looks like this1E085F2A-A2E0-4910-B6BB-9F1686F452F3.jpeg

So you can use any of the functions. I don’t tend to use recipes that are ‘a can of this and can of that’ so I look on Pinterest a lot. My sister just Googles. Lol. Like “instant pot chicken”. One site I like for a number of things is Pinchofyum.com

Yes, I did that exact path. Looked over at the hotels annex and realized I never got my Borgata report out. Here's a couple pics of the comp room -
View attachment 457073View attachment 457074View attachment 457075View attachment 457076View attachment 457077
(Edit: reloaded the pics as I realized making them small gave terrible quality)

We used our express comps at Old Homestead and it was good. So much food! But it's a steakhouse so for the price at least you get a good portion. As you'd hope at a steakhouse, the steak was great.

For some reason I didn't realize there was an option for the Diamond dining in AC so we haven't used that yet. (Most reports I've seen mention Vegas so when we visited earlier this year I thought it was a Vegas property perk and didn't ask about it.)

Ah yeah, probably set expectations :laughing:
I haven't done brunch. We did a buffet at Caesars and it was good but not spectacular. As you know AC is not a substitute for Vegas, seems to hold true for the food too mostly. But it's usually years in between our trips so things change too much for us to compare justly.

But I'd love to hear about it. We have the Borgata Amex offer and debate about heading down for a couple nights around New Year's to take advantage of the Gold and Diamond statuses.
Great pics and review. I forgot about the Amex offer. I have it on my platinum. Thank you!

$40-100 ($100 is R2D2).

My mom jokes my sister was Jeffrey. They picked that name because her pregnancy was everything opposite of her pregnancy with me. Carried high vs low, sick vs not, weight gain, etc. I don’t think HB was a thought back then.

Well, adopting from China 10+ years ago, was mostly girls. And everyone we knew in the process had asked for a girl or twins. When we filled out the paperwork, we didn’t specify gender. Fast forward 41/2 years and we get the call and it’s a boy. Everyone was shocked. (TBH I wasn’t totally surprised and we had picked out a boy name as well though I was totally second guessing our boy name choice. Spent the morning before that phonecall re-reading the baby name book. Lol)

I can ask DH tonight. He sells that sort of stuff although I’m not sure how much he actually knows. @calypso726 might have ideas.

my brother and I were adopted at birth, but domestically. My parents had a slight heads up for me (a week) but for my brother, they got a phone call one afternoon to pick their son up the next morning. My dad was on a business trip in Ohio and had to frantically catch the next flight back to LA. They pulled together his name speedily enough but he slept in a dresser drawer for the first few weeks of his life so there’s that 😂

I have a weird question about Amex. For some reason when DH applied for his Platinum last year, Amex just added his MR account to my MR account, so both his and my points are in one account. I think that's because he has been an AU on my gold for over 2 decades. I think that's perfectly fine because really, it's one pocket. The problem I have is what will happen when he cancels his Platinum? Do his points just stay in my account? He has no other MR generating Amex cards (except for his AU on my Gold card).
Wow. No, it doesn't normally work that way. I was an AU on DH's plat for 10 years and when I got my own last year they went into a new MR account.

Since you're dealing with what's probably an error (but hey, it can work in your favor) I would guess they would stay in your account but I don't think there's any way to really know. Hopefully someone with more expertise will address this one.
Yeah uhhh what you’re describing sounds impossible so I’m not sure anybody will have a qualified answer here. I’ve actually never heard of this happening ever personally. You should call...or maybe not call... I’m completely unsure of what to do in this situation.

Seriously banks suck. (No offense @SouthFayetteFan ) Communication is so bad. IT is so bad.
None taken :D

Every other Friday a bank sends me a nice paycheck. Each year a bunch of other banks (well primarily chase 😂) give me thousands upon thousands of free travel and Cashback. I love banks.

But like I said yesterday - no consumer banking for me! I would go back to restaurants before I’d sign up for consumer banking. It’s an utter nightmare. 🤣

None taken :D

Every other Friday a bank sends me a nice paycheck. Each year a bunch of other banks (well primarily chase 😂) give me thousands upon thousands of free travel and Cashback. I love banks.

But like I said yesterday - no consumer banking for me! I would go back to restaurants before I’d sign up for consumer banking. It’s an utter nightmare. 🤣
Truth I think Chase does a decent job unless they shut you down. Lol. I’ve had no issues with Discover. The rest of the personal banks (not credit cards) stink. Including my credit union (I know, not really a bank) which doesn’t have online payments. Mostly it’s IT issues but still. One bank I’m dealing with doesn’t allow two way transfers from other institutions but I’m welcome to “wire funds or mail a check” to get funds into my account. Say what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!