I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the Disney tickets line with this question a few months ago, and they said yes, it is possible, as long as you're going to a more expensive ticket. The rep actually offered to do the conversion right then, over the phone, so I had to explain that I didn't have the tickets yet.

I second everyone's comfy pajamas idea. Shower tablets are also great for new moms - they're like bath bombs, but they go on the shower floor and release a nice scent. The first few weeks after a baby, showers are the GREATEST, and these make them even better. If you're thinking of nursing, nursing tanks are another idea, although not everyone likes them. They make lots of different shirts nursing-friendly so you don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe.
I’d never heard of shower tablets. Those look cool! I love baths but realize that won’t be a regular thing I can do lol. I’m not planning on breastfeeding but nursing shirts could still work for when I pump

Still very behind. But I'm chatting with AMC currently because I did a deal 11/20 that if I bought a $50 eGC I would get $10 bonus bucks and they never came. Just have to laugh, because they are reviewing my eligibility for the promotion. It was a banner on the website... :confused3

ETA: They are trying to tell me that because I sent it to another email and not my stubs account email that it doesn't count. And that I wasn't logged in, except that I purchased it through the app on my phone which was logged in... :badpc:

Of course. Now I remember. I think you have to upgrade APs at the park, but can't remember who said that. Or if I'm making it up. I figure we might as well do the upgrade because it won't cost much more than our 3 day park hoppers, and we didn't plan to be back this year, but here we are going again. I figure the chances of the stars aligning and at least some of us winding up at Universal again within a year are pretty good, so this time I'm going to upgrade.
Not sure if anyone replied... I've done it at the park always, I kept seeing the advice to enter first then do it to kind of 'lock' in the ticket value. I've never had a wait at GS for this (beyond we confused the GS people because a 3 day P2P ticket is the same price as a 2 park seasonal AP so they went for a manager to confirm why it was $0 to upgrade lol).

I bought advance tickets to Rise of Skywalker for New Year's Eve at 7pm ('cause we're exciting like that) in the Dolby Cinema at our AMC with the reclining seats. It came to $49.57, and I redeemed my Shopkicks for a $50 AMC card. I'm so excited!!! I've waited 42 years for the final installment of the tri-trilogy (is that a word?).

I see a big marathon on Disney+ in our near future lol

Ok I am super mad over this AMC thing. They are telling me since I sent it to another email it's no longer valid. Uh where was that in the promotion details? I'd be willing to bet NON ESXISTENT. But of course I can't see those details now since the offer is no longer online. I said what if I was buying the GC as a gift? I need to forward the email on :badpc: ARGGGHHHHH Honestly I just want to photoshop my amc stubs account email onto the screenshot I sent and try again...

I called the Disney tickets line with this question a few months ago, and they said yes, it is possible, as long as you're going to a more expensive ticket. The rep actually offered to do the conversion right then, over the phone, so I had to explain that I didn't have the tickets yet.

Thank you!!! Was just sitting here stewing about it (try it, don't try it, try it, don't try it) when I saw your post, lol.

Called Delta Vacations and got it all booked! 3 nights after our DVC stay at Yacht Club water view (cheapest room option for that hotel, can you believe it). :cheer2: 2 Disney adult, 1 child flex 3 days base tix. Used up all my vouchers, plus $50 Delta GC from the Delta Gold Biz SUB. $106 on my CSR for the insurance. Woohoo! I really wanted to use up all the vouchers plus a little extra, so this worked out perfectly!

Does anyone know if you use Paypal, will Chase Offers credit? I'm eyeing a new duvet and sheets for DS at PB Teen and have a 10% off PB Teen offer on my CF.

Isn't Paypal 5% rewards this quarter? I would think it should credit since it's set up to credit rewards with Paypal. And, if it didn't credit I'd be calling on that one.

Isn't Paypal 5% rewards this quarter? I would think it should credit since it's set up to credit rewards with Paypal. And, if it didn't credit I'd be calling on that one.
Yes, that's why I was hoping to go through Paypal, but not if it would make the Chase Offer not credit.

Does anyone know if you use Paypal, will Chase Offers credit? I'm eyeing a new duvet and sheets for DS at PB Teen and have a 10% off PB Teen offer on my CF.
I think not but I haven't tried to confirm. The offers are looking for a merchant/merchant code to connect to. A PayPal payment will have PayPal as the merchant, even they they append the merchant name in their description. I don't think it's just scraping the text to match up like Pei seems to (I think it was Pei paying out for similar names)

I recall AmEx doesn't work through PayPal for that reason and I think it's the same for Cardlytics (Chase, BOA etc offers).

Ok I am super mad over this AMC thing. They are telling me since I sent it to another email it's no longer valid. Uh where was that in the promotion details? I'd be willing to bet NON ESXISTENT. But of course I can't see those details now since the offer is no longer online. I said what if I was buying the GC as a gift? I need to forward the email on :badpc: ARGGGHHHHH Honestly I just want to photoshop my amc stubs account email onto the screenshot I sent and try again...
That is so infuriating. I am not impressed with AMC at all. I miss Marcus theaters so much. There’s always huge lines, the movies cost more, no recliner seats for us.

Yes, that's why I was hoping to go through Paypal, but not if it would make the Chase Offer not credit.

Ugh, I hope it tracks. I assumed it would stack with the Chase offers. 😞 I made orders on Monday (12/2) using my Chase Freedom going through the UR portal (2xUR) and paying with Paypal for the 5xUR, with the 10% PBTeen offer on it. So far I'm not seeing any movement at all on the Chase Offer, it's still attached to my Chase Freedom. But I've also seen it take weeks for Chase offers to post, so I don't know if it's still too early to tell or not. I guess I'll reach out to customer service and plead my case if I don't get my 10% back.

Last edited:
I've never heard of shower tablets. I'm too frugal but am mildly intrigued. I'd be in for sure if they also cleaned the shower!
I’d never heard of shower tablets. Those look cool! I love baths but realize that won’t be a regular thing I can do lol. I’m not planning on breastfeeding but nursing shirts could still work for when I pump
Lol I WISH they cleaned the shower. My SIL gave them to me when DD3 was born. I said all I wanted for my bday was something to make my tiny shower like a spa, and I must say she delivered. I only used them when I had a newborn and shower time was especially precious, but they were great then.

@Haley R you will be back to baths before you know it! But at first they might be tough to manage, at least on a regular basis. And yes, nursing tanks are excellent for pumping.

That is so infuriating. I am not impressed with AMC at all. I miss Marcus theaters so much. There’s always huge lines, the movies cost more, no recliner seats for us.
And I miss Douglas which is what we had in NE but Marcus bought them out. Every where I have been a chain has had a monopoly. I know we have Cinemark and I think Regal around here but I've honestly never seen them in my area of Denver metro. So it's not like I can really tell AMC to go pound sound if I ever want to go to theatres.

Argh and what makes me mad too is I wasn't even being told that Oh you didn't order under your account/account email so it doesn't count, it's Oh you sent the gift card to another email. Like what?

I think not but I haven't tried to confirm. The offers are looking for a merchant/merchant code to connect to. A PayPal payment will have PayPal as the merchant, even they they append the merchant name in their description. I don't think it's just scraping the text to match up like Pei seems to (I think it was Pei paying out for similar names)

I recall AmEx doesn't work through PayPal for that reason and I think it's the same for Cardlytics (Chase, BOA etc offers).
@havaneselover I agree with @miztressuz. I do not think it will trigger the Chase offer since it will come over a PP purchase.
I don’t think it will credit either. I know I was reading the details for my last Staples offer and it says “payment must be made directly with the merchant.” Maybe check the specific offer details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter