I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We watched Frozen 2 tonight. I thought it was good! Dh said he only liked 10 minutes of it lol. We came away from the first movie hating it though and the more we watched it the more we liked it. I thought the songs were better than the first movie. There were a couple that were slow and boring but I guess you have to have a couple of those. I liked the overall story a lot more than the first one. The magic is very cool.
We went to Frozen 2 tonight and loved it. I sometimes don’t care for sequels but this was one I would want to go to again.
Can't wait to see it! I saw Kristen Bell on a late night show and what she was saying made me even more excited!

Question on AMEX business cards and CLs. I don't think I have ever seen anyone mentioning lowering CLs on AMEX before applying like is mentioned with Chase. I only have 2 AMEX cards and a total of 15K CL. Wondering if I should lower the CL on either card before applying for a new business card? If so, can you do that over chat? Thanks.

Update about my BJs experience. ALL of my 3x $50 packs and 1x $25 shipped together! WOOO full 20.3% off!

I used Top Cash Back 3x and Ebates 3x. I see all the trips listed on both sites, but nothing pending. Can't win them all! I am just happy the orders shipped properly. :thumbsup2
None of my CB sites are pending but I didn't expect them to. I always try for the sake of trying! My GC's all shipping together to trigger the Chase offer was my concern and that appears to be working for everyone. Very happy to keep reading all these positive reports. And yes, 20% off is awesome! I could earn that with fuel rewards but that is a major pain for us these days as only my dh's truck takes a lot of gas. I'm driving an accord with a 15 gallon tank and same for the teen civic and our kroger gas station isn't convenient for my dh so it's just a huge hassle.

Question on AMEX business cards and CLs. I don't think I have ever seen anyone mentioning lowering CLs on AMEX before applying like is mentioned with Chase. I only have 2 AMEX cards and a total of 15K CL. Wondering if I should lower the CL on either card before applying for a new business card? If so, can you do that over chat? Thanks.

As far as I know, that’s not a thing with Amex like it is with Chase. Amex will actually take some CL from an existing card to approve you for a new card. I was so surprised when I got the Credit Karma notification that a CL was lowered!

None of my CB sites are pending but I didn't expect them to. I always try for the sake of trying! My GC's all shipping together to trigger the Chase offer was my concern and that appears to be working for everyone. Very happy to keep reading all these positive reports. And yes, 20% off is awesome! I could earn that with fuel rewards but that is a major pain for us these days as only my dh's truck takes a lot of gas. I'm driving an accord with a 15 gallon tank and same for the teen civic and our kroger gas station isn't convenient for my dh so it's just a huge hassle.
100% agreed! It would be a nice bonus so it is always worth a shot.

I did a ton of S&S $20 coupons, and it is taking some creative maneuvering to ensure I get my maximum return. I have 6 left, but I had to add $0.15 Thanksgiving napkins tonight to push me over $20 before tax. 🤣 I have tried to only purchase sale items and what I really need.

20% straight cash is even nicer. Cash is king!!

We've had a very rewarding shopping day!

We have the BJs offer in 2 cards, so got those cards purchased last night before bed. Apparently we still had an online membership from BF last year, so that was helpful!

DH had 20% back at Staples on his CIP and 10% back at home improvement and Kohls (bought Amazon GC at Kohls for holiday shopping), so he made the rounds collecting DGCs today! Our Stop & Shop has $20 back when you buy GC, so we got 2 of those (will get more but DH was running out of time).

Between DVC dues, Aulani and 2x WDW trips in 2020, these discounts are helpful!

I also stacked Target's 25% toy coupon with the deal of the day to get DD a Razor Mod scooter and DS a hoverboard for $150/each, so that was a score on 2 most-wanted gifts for the kids!

In other news, I need to figure out a new card for DH by Dec 10. He has a work expense, that his boss will allow him to expense, that will meet a MSR. Off to Reddit I go!

Question for those who have done a Citi SUB that includes an AA credit -- I know that gift cards are hit or miss for triggering the credit, but how long does it take for the credit to appear? I bought an AA GC on 11/13 (but it didn't post until 11/20), but still no credit. I'm wondering if this is definitely a fail at this point or if the credit might still post.

We watched Frozen 2 tonight. I thought it was good! Dh said he only liked 10 minutes of it lol. We came away from the first movie hating it though and the more we watched it the more we liked it. I thought the songs were better than the first movie. There were a couple that were slow and boring but I guess you have to have a couple of those. I liked the overall story a lot more than the first one. The magic is very cool.
Dd and I went to see it as well! Really, really enjoyed it! The animation was unbelievable and I loved the story line. Very well done and I can see myself watching it again on Disney+ one day! I want to watch Frozen again too!

I did a ton of S&S $20 coupons, and it is taking some creative maneuvering to ensure I get my maximum return. I have 6 left, but I had to add $0.15 Thanksgiving napkins tonight to push me over $20 before tax. 🤣 I have tried to only purchase sale items and what I really need.

S&S is our everyday grocery store out here, so I need to go stock up. DH did 2 today to test it out because promotions vary by region. It's essentially like cash for me, plus the Gold card MR and gas points, so I'm very happy with the deal.

Dd and I went to see it as well! Really, really enjoyed it! The animation was unbelievable and I loved the story line. Very well done and I can see myself watching it again on Disney+ one day! I want to watch Frozen again too!
My DD is so, so excited to see it but we are holding out until next week to go with the cousins when they visit for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it myself!

I wish our grocery store chains did some of these $20 coupons on $100 GC purchases. We spend a ton on groceries so I could really use that but ours never seem to do those promos. We have Kroger chains and Safeway chains. The ones that do that always seem to be more east coast places.

Question for those who have done a Citi SUB that includes an AA credit -- I know that gift cards are hit or miss for triggering the credit, but how long does it take for the credit to appear? I bought an AA GC on 11/13 (but it didn't post until 11/20), but still no credit. I'm wondering if this is definitely a fail at this point or if the credit might still post.
On mine..it posted after the statement closed

Last edited:
Update about my BJs experience. ALL of my 3x $50 packs and 1x $25 shipped together! WOOO full 20.3% off!

I used Top Cash Back 3x and Ebates 3x. I see all the trips listed on both sites, but nothing pending. Can't win them all! I am just happy the orders shipped properly. :thumbsup2
All 3 of mine tracked with Rakuten and are listed in my cashback. One order shipped, one shipment but I have 3 charges and one credit pending on my chase card. It has $175, -175, 140 & 35. Hopefully the $175 posts, but it's so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter