I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Global Entry is best if you ever have plans to leave the country - it includes TSA PRE.
2. Not necessary as TSA pre included in GE.
2a. Correct - Kids that young will not need TSA Pre - not sure on GE though if they have there own passport.
Is it just a “fast pass” through customs coming back INTO the united states? Or would GE help us through customs getting into other countries as well?

“According to the check-in clerk a resident of Kankakee once ‘pulled out a gun on another guest at the hotel.’ I’ve seen some speculation online that hotels don’t like local guests because they often rent rooms to party.”

https://viewfromthewing.com/one-hilton-hotel-banned-staycations/
I feel like this could be a hotel that @DisneyMandC has stayed at.

LOL I'm cracking up!! To be fair, I don't think any of the hotels I frequent have patrons fancy enough to partake in "staycations." It's more like they're just living there full time... :rotfl:

Not that I know of! I know she was asked her fav park and she said MK. Getting QS was not what she wanted but she knew there was a strong chance she’d get it and of course, she did get that. She’s been dreading hearing she’s at pecos bills or cosmic rays. They put a lot of the dcp kids there and those are considered kind of ‘worst’ locations, along with the value QS places. This would be a dream location! Hopefully, we hear something by early next week.
My DD was ESPN on the Boardwalk for her DCP, and she doesn’t like sports. She would have LOVED BOG!

I placed 3 orders. Added granola bars to one, candy to a second and Buildabear GCs to the 3rd. I felt like I could maximize the $25 off by buying stuff I already needed, so in my head the $25 was just for the DGCs. 😜
Thanks, I feel a little out of the loop since I was away for 10 days. I had the offer on 3 of our cards so I ordered today too!

My DD was ESPN on the Boardwalk for her DCP, and she doesn’t like sports. She would have LOVED BOG!
I remember you telling me that your dd didn’t love her location. I don’t think my dd would like that location much either, except during baseball season. She loves baseball! But that location definitely doesn’t feel ‘Disney’ to me.

LOL I'm cracking up!! To be fair, I don't think any of the hotels I frequent have patrons fancy enough to partake in "staycations." It's more like they're just living there full time... :rotfl:
We lived in an extended stay (Marriott town place) for 3.5 mos. There were several very strange men who’d been living there for years. That is just a different class of people all together :scared: I kept a very close eye on my kiddos.

I remember you telling me that your dd didn’t love her location. I don’t think my dd would like that location much either, except during baseball season. She loves baseball! But that location definitely doesn’t feel ‘Disney’ to me.
She didn’t love it, but there were pros to it. And overall she loved her program and her room mates. She is still in touch with them all frequently 4 years later.

We watched Frozen 2 tonight. I thought it was good! Dh said he only liked 10 minutes of it lol. We came away from the first movie hating it though and the more we watched it the more we liked it. I thought the songs were better than the first movie. There were a couple that were slow and boring but I guess you have to have a couple of those. I liked the overall story a lot more than the first one. The magic is very cool.

So my big debate today... to cash out my AA miles for Disney gift cards, or not. I have over 80k miles right now. I could grab a quick $300 worth of Disney gift cards towards my Jan trip.

I can virtually guarantee we won’t be flying AA anytime in the next 2 years. Disney GCs were always the fallback plan for these miles. I used as many as I could towards things like our Universal trip and booked our CR room for January using them. I’m still sitting on 1.2MM Marriott points and a small stash of Hilton and IHG is hotels aren’t an issue. The SW balance remains strong and can probably support all of our travel for the next 3 years without earning another point. And of course I have URs and they continue to flow...

So I feel like all signs point to taking the Disney GCs... anybody want to tell me I’m crazy or dumb?
Do you need the GCs for this trip, or do you already have enough from other discounts? If you have enough, I would wait. If you need them and won't acquire anymore prior to the trip, then I would cash out.

Fancy new vending setup at work kicked off today. But most importantly... will it code as dining???

View attachment 454201
Ours always have with our old company. They coded dining on all of my cards. They were also handy when the tap to pay offers came out like the Chase ones right now lol.

Oh, I also made a bit of money with tap to pay on them too because they sell water bottles for 35 cents and I had a couple Paypal deals where I paid with them via Samsung pay and got $10 or $15 😁

I :love: the Priority card. I can ridiculously easily justify keeping two right now, until I need to close/reopen one for CP.

Will report back! Grabbed some chips with my AMEX Gold today. I majorly confused the rep that is here helping people out by tapping to pay :rotfl: He was like, oh I was coming to help but looks like you figured it out, now you just slide your card. I've already tapped at this point and it says processing....
Him: Yeah just have the strip to the left and put it in that slot there...
Me: oh I tried tapping to pay.
Him: It doesn't have that.
Me: Oh... well it just had the symbol here so I tried it...
Screen: still processing... paid! Would you like a receipt?
Him: Oh, it worked! I didn't know that. Is that a chip card?
Me: Yes, but it's a contactless one too... (obviously you don't know what that is or the difference which is fine, can I go eat my chips now?)
I have the same Avenue C machine at work! It codes the same way my main cafeteria does so 3x on CSR!

Did I ever share what happened to me when I used ApplePay with my Plat on this machine? I bought a pack of gum and it asked how I wanted my receipt. I walked away and no charge notification from Amex came through. I was paranoid that I stole the gum at work and was on camera and going to get fired or something. A week later the charge randomly hits and Amex notifies me on my phone. Weird experience!

I've never dined there (not really a huge sports fan either), but it seems like a great location on property! It is so nice she still talks to the people she worked with years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!