I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means the nights are not available at the lower point rate. Check daily for availability. What dates are you looking for? I booked our WA Maldives stay almost a year in advance (ditto for airfare -- the day points bookings opened).
wow thanks! that's good to know.... at this moment I'm just considering- I guess I picked a popular time...

Dear Amex,

How the hell does a Netflix charge from Brazil not trigger your fraud alert?

Sincerely,
Annoyed customer apparently replacing my Aspire. Again.
I woke up to a fraud charge on my (P2s) CSR :( Thankfully I check all of my (our) accounts Friday (and check the ones I use often every day) so I caught it within 2 hours of it going pending the guy at Chase said. He was impressed haha Also- yes I called in for P2 haha They just made him say I could talk for him- he had a meeting and I wanted it done ASAP.

We are using it in Tampa during Christmas break. We will use our Busch Garden tickets and will do a swim/kayak with the manatees in Crystal River. Not sure what else we will do. I booked with a new hotel, The Current. It was the only one I could find that claimed to sleep 5. But it is so new I don't see many pictures. They show a king room and the sofa they show does not look like it will be comfortable for anyone to sleep on. Should be a fun week battling for a bed. I think our times of 1 room are over.
I almost picked this one for a one night stay last weekend...

For anyone considering Sea World/Busch Gardens (that didn't do the Daily Getaways deal lol), Visit Orlando has a good deal going on.

You can get a ticket that is good for 3 visits within 14 days to SW, BG, or either of the waterparks PLUS 3 days of All Day Dining for $144.99, and they are doing an extra 10% off for Black Friday so it comes to $140.28 including tax, or $46.76 a day. All Day Dining allows you to get a QS entrée, side or dessert, and drink once an hour all day long. It says tickets are valid for one year from date of purchase.

I am usually so good at resisting all the ideas for things to buy on here, but....even though I don't have a Disney trip planned in the next year I went ahead and bought DCG at BJs. Even though I never paid for a membership apparently I have one. Must have signed up sometime last year with a free promo or something. I have the Chase offer on a ton of cards, but I just did one order. If the Rakuten tracks almost 30% was too good to pass up. I know we'll be back to Disney at some point!

I'm still doing good resisting on the Disney +, as my son is sitting here watching Moana on Youtube TV, having to fast forward the commercials :-)

Today my SW Biz anniversary points posted, and I cancelled my SW Biz card. Told the rep that I have other cards that are more rewarding for travel and he was perfectly good with that answer.

Then I called about my SW Priority card to find out about how upgraded boarding credits work, since we have a flight coming up. I opened it mid-November 2018, and my statement closing date is 12/3. So I have until 12/3 to use the upgraded boarding credits for the 2018-2019 year, and after 12/3 the credits reset and I'll have four to use by 12/3/2020. He reminded me the $75 credit will reset also after statement close on 12/3.

I think this card is a keeper! I've used the $75 travel credits already, will max out the four upgraded boarding credits (4 x $40 = $120), and get 7500 SW RR on my anniversary which I value at ~$112 (or $224 since I have a CP).

My DHs work has vending machines that code 3x on our CSR
Ours always have with our old company. They coded dining on all of my cards. They were also handy when the tap to pay offers came out like the Chase ones right now lol.

Oh, I also made a bit of money with tap to pay on them too because they sell water bottles for 35 cents and I had a couple Paypal deals where I paid with them via Samsung pay and got $10 or $15 😁
Today my SW Biz anniversary points posted, and I cancelled my SW Biz card. Told the rep that I have other cards that are more rewarding for travel and he was perfectly good with that answer.

Then I called about my SW Priority card to find out about how upgraded boarding credits work, since we have a flight coming up. I opened it mid-November 2018, and my statement closing date is 12/3. So I have until 12/3 to use the upgraded boarding credits for the 2018-2019 year, and after 12/3 the credits reset and I'll have four to use by 12/3/2020. He reminded me the $75 credit will reset also after statement close on 12/3.

I think this card is a keeper! I've used the $75 travel credits already, will max out the four upgraded boarding credits (4 x $40 = $120), and get 7500 SW RR on my anniversary which I value at ~$112 (or $224 since I have a CP).
I :love: the Priority card. I can ridiculously easily justify keeping two right now, until I need to close/reopen one for CP.
Let us know how it codes, those are getting installed at our offices too.
Will report back! Grabbed some chips with my AMEX Gold today. I majorly confused the rep that is here helping people out by tapping to pay :rotfl: He was like, oh I was coming to help but looks like you figured it out, now you just slide your card. I've already tapped at this point and it says processing....
Him: Yeah just have the strip to the left and put it in that slot there...
Me: oh I tried tapping to pay.
Him: It doesn't have that.
Me: Oh... well it just had the symbol here so I tried it...
Screen: still processing... paid! Would you like a receipt?
Him: Oh, it worked! I didn't know that. Is that a chip card?
Me: Yes, but it's a contactless one too... (obviously you don't know what that is or the difference which is fine, can I go eat my chips now?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!