I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope it turns out to be nothing. I don't want some useless delivery or rideshare credit. If Chase increased the percentage earned on dining and travel and/or increased the general travel credit then I may jump on board lol
I agree. I have no use for delivery or rideshare credits, especially if the AF goes up. I’d hate to see Chase add these to CSR just to copycat Amex.

That iMac must be gorgeous 🤩 I really do love my MacBook Pro, even if it is 4.5 years old. The battery swelled on it last year and my Citi card doubled Apple Care (rip extended warranty benefit) and covered the replacement of the battery, keyboard, and bottom enclosure. I think that extended the life of this unit for a decent amount of time.

Last edited:
I do like the space gray ones and Apple Pay would be great. One day! UGH I also hate when people touch their regular screens. I try to keep mine in mint condition. My 2009 MacBook Pro still looks new out of the box 🤣

Those are great justifications for that amazing display! Do you use a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad?

I also can't believe how Macs retain their value. I was just playing around on the Apple website and I can get $810 for my current Pro on trade-in. That is insane to me! You can't even upgrade the thing.
I have the trackpad, but I didn’t end up liking it as much as I though I would. The Magic Mouse, though - awesome! Don’t use many of the gestures, but swiping from screen to screen is the best - totally works with my self-diagnosed ADD..DDDDD 🤪 Only one complaint - why did they have to put the charging port on the bottom of the mouse??? I have to remember to charge it after I’m done working so it can just sit there? Come on, Apple! The keyboard can charge while in use....you’re Apple, figure it out😖

Off to review reddit. My goodness.

Quick question for my resident experts: Even though I've met the MSR on my Amex Hilton Biz, I'm still within the initial MSR Period (does that make sense?). I want to buy a VisaGC for my teenage son for Christmas (he wants to go clothes shopping). I would buy it at Fry's (Kroger) with other groceries. Anyone think this might make Amex freak out? If so, I'll use CIP instead but I need to put some spend on the Amex so I don't get the popup in another couple months.

Wow. That was a great ccard policy. Does anyone offer that anymore?

I'm on a MacBookAir, and I do all the photos/albums/videos from our trip and I've basically run out of space. :( DD has a new Pro (courtesy of her parents when her Air was failing a year ago - but that Air is still working well as our iTunes server at this point), DH has a brand new Pro (pretty screen but too big and heavy for me) but work paid for that one. Since I would have to pay to replace mine I'm going to try to keep it going as long as I can. I think it's about 6 years old, though, so I suspect it won't work much longer but I hate to spend money on this stuff. We gave DD the choice of another Air with more HD space or a Pro and she wisely went for the faster processor since she's doing some coding and running some complicated stuff on hers (of course we weren't sure at the time). I have no idea what I'd get to replace my Air - I really like it. And of course we still want to get the new phone at some point, mainly because of the better camera. Apple is taking too much of my money these days.
Sadly, I think Citi was one of the last banks offering it and it removed the benefit this past September.

Look at all those Macs! I was running low on space in my current Pro (only 512 SSD) so I bought a low profile SD card that I leave in it all the time and moved some stuff off my main drive. It is working out well. If you need to upgrade, the Pros are really nice! I also love my new phone so I can't help protect you from Apple. I am more of an enabler 🤣

I have the trackpad, but I didn’t end up liking it as much as I though I would. The Magic Mouse, though - awesome! Don’t use many of the gestures, but swiping from screen to screen is the best - totally works with my self-diagnosed ADD..DDDDD 🤪 Only one complaint - why did they have to put the charging port on the bottom of the mouse??? I have to remember to charge it after I’m done working so it can just sit there? Come on, Apple! The keyboard can charge while in use....you’re Apple, figure it out😖
I have been using the laptops longer so I think I would need a track pad with a desktop. It has spoiled me and I can barely operate a PC trackpad. I love the gestures! I have an old Mighty Mouse that is still working so I haven't jumped on the Magic Mouse yet. That is crazy about the charger. Maybe the third generation will fix it 🤣

Off to review reddit. My goodness.

Quick question for my resident experts: Even though I've met the MSR on my Amex Hilton Biz, I'm still within the initial MSR Period (does that make sense?). I want to buy a VisaGC for my teenage son for Christmas (he wants to go clothes shopping). I would buy it at Fry's (Kroger) with other groceries. Anyone think this might make Amex freak out? If so, I'll use CIP instead but I need to put some spend on the Amex so I don't get the popup in another couple months.
If you have met the MSR organically and methodically I think you’re fine to buy a VGC with that card now. It’s probable that your grocery store doesn’t even provide L3 data. If you want to be paranoid (which I often am) you could mix in a couple of other items in your cart to make the total not a VGC suspicious amount (ie $206.95).

Sadly, I think Citi was one of the last banks offering it and it removed the benefit this past September.

Look at all those Macs! I was running low on space in my current Pro (only 512 SSD) so I bought a low profile SD card that I leave in it all the time and moved some stuff off my main drive. It is working out well. If you need to upgrade, the Pros are really nice! I also love my new phone so I can't help protect you from Apple. I am more of an enabler 🤣

I really hate to spend money on this stuff. I'm using a 4 year old iPhone 7 right now. I feel better spending on stuff that lasts, and all this tech stuff is outdated in about a year. DH doesn't have to pay for his Apple stuff (well, the big ticket items anyway) but we do have to pay for mine, so I keep them all as long as possible. Luckily I was doing real contracting work when I bought the one I have now, so at least I could write some of it off. I don't think my current "business" qualifies for that LOL. My last laptop died and nobody could ever revive the poor thing (DH was bummed he couldn't use that one as our iTunes server). Enable away since I'm pretty good about not spending on this stuff. I don't think there is any way to add to my storage other than using an external thingy (yes, this is my level of tech) and that defeats the whole idea of a laptop... The photo files, and especially the iMovie files from our last trip are really the issue, but I'm not willing to give up having easy access to all the photos since I use them all the time.

It is perfectly normal to be laying in bed thinking about CCs...and then think, oh man I should make that Citi payment that isn’t technically due for 3 weeks...and then think, I should send myself a reminder email to do it in the AM... and then ultimately just get out of bed, go downstairs and make the payment at 1am because you know it will bug you if you don’t just get it down...

This is all normal...right?? LOL! I just sleep easier knowing stuff like that is done. Life of the night owl I guess 😃

If you have met the MSR organically and methodically I think you’re fine to buy a VGC with that card now. It’s probable that your grocery store doesn’t even provide L3 data. If you want to be paranoid (which I often am) you could mix in a couple of other items in your cart to make the total not a VGC suspicious amount (ie $206.95).
Thanks... I met it organically but much faster than I anticipated (mostly that trip to DL where I paid for the hotel AND my AP with it... oops) so now I'm super worried. But, all I can do is try and see what happens later!

Thank you!

I really hate to spend money on this stuff. I'm using a 4 year old iPhone 7 right now. I feel better spending on stuff that lasts, and all this tech stuff is outdated in about a year. DH doesn't have to pay for his Apple stuff (well, the big ticket items anyway) but we do have to pay for mine, so I keep them all as long as possible. Luckily I was doing real contracting work when I bought the one I have now, so at least I could write some of it off. I don't think my current "business" qualifies for that LOL. My last laptop died and nobody could ever revive the poor thing (DH was bummed he couldn't use that one as our iTunes server). Enable away since I'm pretty good about not spending on this stuff. I don't think there is any way to add to my storage other than using an external thingy (yes, this is my level of tech) and that defeats the whole idea of a laptop... The photo files, and especially the iMovie files from our last trip are really the issue, but I'm not willing to give up having easy access to all the photos since I use them all the time.
I understand what you're saying. I've fallen victim to upgrading my iPhone annually. I really tried to resist this year, but a slightly increased trade-in tipped the scale. While I said I would enable, if you don't want to upgrade constantly I think the next generation iPhone is worth waiting for since it will most likely include a 5G antenna. That will be very important for the future!

As for the laptop storage, I got something like this, but designed specifically for my Pro model. If you want one for an Air I would triple check it is the right year/model.

https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Je...206&sprefix=macbook+air+sd+car,aps,134&sr=8-3
It is engineered to fit almost flush with the device so it still remains portable. It isn't the most sophisticated SD card and transfer rates are average, but I just dumped stuff on it that I like having access to, but don't need to constantly touch. It sits mounted on my desktop and I am happy to have another 256gb with me at all times.

It is perfectly normal to be laying in bed thinking about CCs...and then think, oh man I should make that Citi payment that isn’t technically due for 3 weeks...and then think, I should send myself a reminder email to do it in the AM... and then ultimately just get out of bed, go downstairs and make the payment at 1am because you know it will bug you if you don’t just get it down...

This is all normal...right?? LOL! I just sleep easier knowing stuff like that is done. Life of the night owl I guess 😃
No payment from your smartphone?

Just poking around the reddit discussion thread and thought I should ask:

I have a Citi AA Business card that I earned some miles on. I have booked two flights using those miles and the later of my two trips is in early January. I technically get a slightly better boarding group just because I have the card (not that I expect it to make much of a difference).

Is there any reason I need to keep the card open past that January trip? I have no plans to use it for anything else, and I don't have enough miles left in my AA account to really do anything with (at least, I am not sure what I could do with them... only about 10K).

You get out of bed? What do you think a smartphone is for?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter