I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out there in the trenches with them, cold...wind...rain...that was as much my candy bar as it was theirs!! šŸ¤£
Hey it was snowing here and I didnā€™t confiscate any of DSs candy I do have a very generous DS though, as I enjoyed a Reeseā€™s pumpkin for dessert tonight.
So uhhhh...Letā€™s also agree that modesty and shame are a very real thing on a credit card discussion thread on a Disney focused message board. @Haley R - it would be juvenile for anybody to feel like the mere mention of a breast pump is TMI. BUT I think @LilSweetPeaPhoto - whatever these ā€œspecialā€ texts are might be better left between friends IRL. šŸ¤£
Are you blushing? ā˜ŗ
LOL - so true!! My DS18 will do just about anything to avoid having to actually speak to someone over the phone - its a regular source of amusement in our family.
Iā€™m not 18, but I really hate talking on the phone. I even find excuses to hang up when family calls. Well, that might be self preservation...
I bought my DS one of the Happy Dining Cards with one of the CC Promos. This one is good at BWW and Red Lobster. Does anyone know if it would also be able to be used at Olive Garden since it is the same company as Red Lobster?
They are no longer owned by the same company. Olive Garden is owned by Darden; Red Lobster by Golden Gate Capital. They only GCs accepted at both places are old ones which have both OG and RL logos.

Bad day out for me.....First time running errands since I came down with a cold TEN days ago. First up - Staples. No VGC. Second stop - Bath & Body Works for some stocking stuffers. Got my coupon. Where's my Gift Card to pay? On the counter at home. Third stop - grocery store. Where's my AMEX BCP to pay with? Keeping company with the at home GC. Think I should have had one more day to recuperate! šŸ˜•
Our current system is a rolodex. Sitting beside our computer. Super secure.
Hey, that's my super secure system too. I try to put it my cupboard if we go on vacation. It MIGHT make it to the safe if I'm really on top of my game.

I bought my DS one of the Happy Dining Cards with one of the CC Promos. This one is good at BWW and Red Lobster. Does anyone know if it would also be able to be used at Olive Garden since it is the same company as Red Lobster?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Red Lobster isn't a part of Darden any more. Any new Red Lobster GC's only work at Red Lobster. If you have any old Darden ones with the Red Lobster logo (pre 2018, I think it was around 2017 they updated finally) they are supposed to still honor those.

Our current system is a rolodex. Sitting beside our computer. Super secure. haha. It is especially a pain when you think you are logged into important sites on your phone and bam the dumb thing updates and loses your password and you are on vacation with no way to get stupid password. Anyway, I was telling DH my "friends" all insist on these password managers. He is very against it saying that it will be more of a risk because then the bad guys only need to hack one site to get all of your passwords. Any words of wisdom to alleviate his mind?

My mom uses a notebook in her purse, I cringe every time she pulls it out. As for security if sites offer Two Factor authentication use it! This is where they send you a text message code, you have an app that generates one time codes or a hardware token. This means that if someone tries to use your password on a 'unknown' device you have to prove who you are with a secondary method in addition to your password. (Chase has this, PayPal ect...) By unknown I mean any device that you have not used to log in yet from, new phone, work computer, new browser, someone else's computer... This is also where "remember this device" comes in, do not use that on anything public or a shared device out side of close family. And last of all, Don't use a Password Notebook that you carry everywhere! :rotfl2:

I thought support points used to post on Tuesday but recently were more random (I didnā€™t pay close attention since Iā€™ve never had any) but do they post with the statement close now? I see support points with my next statement points. Is that right?
14F91BC7-4809-47E0-8EB6-581F61307C69.jpeg

My mom uses a notebook in her purse, I cringe every time she pulls it out. As for security if sites offer Two Factor authentication use it! This is where they send you a text message code, you have an app that generates one time codes or a hardware token. This means that if someone tries to use your password on a 'unknown' device you have to prove who you are with a secondary method in addition to your password. (Chase has this, PayPal ect...) By unknown I mean any device that you have not used to log in yet from, new phone, work computer, new browser, someone else's computer... This is also where "remember this device" comes in, do not use that on anything public or a shared device out side of close family. And last of all, Don't use a Password Notebook that you carry everywhere! :rotfl2:
I may have a 3 ring binder with page protectors :rolleyes1
But it does not fit in my purse. That said, my dad kept a spiral notebook full of his accounts and passwords, and it took months to find everything when he passed so anyone who stole it would have had a hard time as well.

FYI there's a little goofiness with CF support links. They generate a link with a "2" but that gives a system error if you try to follow it. If you update it to read "2a" instead the link opens the proper page as expected. Just something to keep in mind if you were looking to share. I'd think if it pulls up the page it'd track but if you wanted to be absolutely sure maybe wait a couple days until Chase works it out.

Thank you for the info! I checked and I have it!!! Happy because we buy quite a bit over there.

I also found $5 back on $35 at Chevron & Texaco, and $50 off Hilton UK.
I have the gas one (at any gas station but same $35) Filled up today but only $32. šŸ˜¢

I thought support points used to post on Tuesday but recently were more random (I didnā€™t pay close attention since Iā€™ve never had any) but do they post with the statement close now? I see support points with my next statement points. Is that right?
View attachment 453836
Yep, you're good! Chase posts with your next statement, like the sign up bonuses. They tend to show up as pending on Tuesday nights so you can see it in the points earned for your next statement then.

I have the gas one (at any gas station but same $35) Filled up today but only $32. šŸ˜¢

I think this is a new one. I also had the generic gas stations one from a few months ago, but I think I used that one up. This one was more specific. Ouch on the $32, though. I have a big tank and my car takes premium which is now over $4/gallon here, so that's one problem I don't have. Luckily I don't drive much these days.

Bad day out for me.....First time running errands since I came down with a cold TEN days ago. First up - Staples. No VGC. Second stop - Bath & Body Works for some stocking stuffers. Got my coupon. Where's my Gift Card to pay? On the counter at home. Third stop - grocery store. Where's my AMEX BCP to pay with? Keeping company with the at home GC. Think I should have had one more day to recuperate! šŸ˜•
Hey, that's my super secure system too. I try to put it my cupboard if we go on vacation. It MIGHT make it to the safe if I'm really on top of my game.
Iā€™ve been really congested lately and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the pregnancy or allergies. Today I woke up and couldnā€™t get myself out of bed. I had aches all over and didnā€™t eat much

I got DS AAA in August for around $50 - right from the website.

ETA - just looked at website - basic membership is $54. Maybe it is a regional thing? When I log onto AAA I get rerouted to AAA Northeast.
My Kroger store sells $50 AAA gift cards, and I think they're to pay for a new membership? I haven't used one because we're usually renewing ours. Do you have a Kroger store nearby?
@apollodi - it seems to be different everywhere. I just pulled up the website for AAA Midatlantic which is what I fall under. It's $84 for basic but #2 is free, then a third person is $46. I have all 3 of my adult kids on mine. Older daughter has from me and her own as well because she covers her husband. Anyway, I'm going to call and check my policy out as the price is higher than what the website says.
Thanks all! I get rerouted to AAA Hoosier Motorclub, and a basic membership is $76 here. Boo. DH doesn't need it since he has the CSR, but I do, especially when I take the kids out while he's out of town. We don't have a Kroger, but we do have a Payless. I'll check that for gift cards!

What does it say about me that I have not even considered a December planning thread! I made FP's and have an ADR for the CP but that is it. And it is my first time going in December! Anything I need to know that I am missing?!?
You seem to be pretty covered! MK is MK and without MVMCP, just take in all the beautiful decorations! For Epcot I would make sure to look up the Festival of the Holidays storytellers and food booths to see what may interest you similar to F&W. Don't miss Sunset Seasons Greetings in DHS. Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam is ok if you have time. AK has a bunch of brand new decorations and entertainment this year so it should be pretty great! Holiday trips are never complete without visiting the resort lobbies. You're already staying at some of the best decorated resorts. In addition, I would stop at WL and the Epcot resorts.

Disney actually has sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness instead of the generic carriage ride. You get toured around Fort Wilderness and see all the decorations the campers set up. It says 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. Could be something fun!

I would also bring warm clothes including hats and gloves and be prepared to dress in layers. I've had 80 degrees and 50 degrees in December.

Dh and I are thinking about going to MVMCP on December 12 and staying the night. The wdw prices are ridiculous so weā€™re thinking of doing a Hilton. I have 32k MRs that I could transfer to Hilton. Iā€™m looking for some opinions. Weā€™ve done a couple of the DS hotels but I know people talk about the Waldorf and Hilton bonnet creek. Have any of you stayed at either of those? Is it worth it for one night to spend more points on one of these?
Iā€™m thinking weā€™ll go with the Hilton. The ones in DS are even cheaper but Iā€™ve heard good things about bonnet creek
I think this would be an instance where I'd save points. It doesn't sound like you're spending a lot of time at this hotel so would the idea of closer proximity or a fireworks view mean anything to you? I'd imagine you'll be at the part until late in the night. Just an alternate viewpoint. I'd use less points and go for whatever is cheapest. Are you hanging around on Friday at WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!