I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just a DP on the Amex offer $25 (or is it $20) back on a $45 membership. I had seen some chatter that buying a $45 Sam's club GC was triggering the credit. I decided to try it out and my $45 posted on the 13th. I still have not received the Amex credit so I am just posting this, not to say it isn't working for some, but it's clearly YMMV.

My phone is having the pop up issues again. And I did install the Norton ad blocker someone told me to add. It is not working. Just on the DIS. So annoying.

I had a brief issue earlier tonight using Opera. Ads popped up but went away after a few refreshes. I always assume they must be new IPs and not yet on the block list. No clue if that's actually what happens though.

Question for anyone with inter-island flight in HI...

We are going next July and have round trip flights booked on Delta to/from Maui. The trip will be 2 weeks and we plan on spending approximately one week on Maui and another week either on the Big Island or Kauai. When looking at the inter-island flights, SW is really a no-go for us as they all connect in Honolulu and have layovers. HA has the best flights it seems, directly from one island to the next. Is it worth getting the HA CC just for these inter-island flights? I'm at 1/24 so I have room for one. Just wondering if anyone had any advice to do anything different?
You can also book inter island Hawaiian air flights with URs transferred to United. We got great deals on flights and much fewer miles than Hawaiian would have been directly. I want to say 8k. This was before dynamic pricing though. We booked on United’s site. I had the HA credit card and found it not worth a slot even though we go to Maui all the time. Not sure what cards you have, but I’d save for chase and Amex :)

Great find getting saver seats! Can you tell me how many URs it took? We are still considering taking a trip to Australia as our next big trip.
LAX-SYD- Qantas F Class for 3- 407k MRs w/ 20% bonus (488.4k total)
SYD-BWI- United Biz Polaris (to LAX) and Economy (LAX-IAD/DEN-BWI)- 240k URs transferred to United (80k Biz Saver)—-Still need to book

I still need to get us to LAX but that will probably just be on SW RR + CP.

So, just a DP on the Amex offer $25 (or is it $20) back on a $45 membership. I had seen some chatter that buying a $45 Sam's club GC was triggering the credit. I decided to try it out and my $45 posted on the 13th. I still have not received the Amex credit so I am just posting this, not to say it isn't working for some, but it's clearly YMMV.
Mine did not post either.

Hilton finally has some early November 2020 "points" rates up and they're up to 80K per night.... a bit more than I was hoping for :/ Hoping it still works out by the time I have enough points to entertain actually making the reservation. I was hoping for around 66K/night.

The best seats are not behind a tree! Seriously, the only advice I have is to watch out for the trees--I understand why Disney wouldn't remove them, and there are not a lot, but we've changed seats once after we realized that there was a tree not too far in front of us. (Fortunately we noticed right away and so were able to change seats easily--and my family can be a little spacey so most people probably would have noticed before sitting down.)

I don't know if the seats at the very front are too close--we've never tried to optimize our seating since we've always been in the middle of the pack.

I've been in the front row and the second row and they were fine at the time.

Dh & I are going to try calling again and hope the wait times are better than when he was calling last week. My dh has a long meeting at our church tonight so it won't happen til tomorrow. Not sure if we will get any different help or what Disney would even suggest. I really don't think they know what is going on but you can tell by social media, that something is affecting a lot of people. They haven't made a public statement about what people should be doing or how long we are looking at. So crazy!

Seems to me that everyone but Disney is reporting that the Disney+ accounts have been hacked. They will have to respond about this pretty soon. Didn't one of your calls result in advice to shut down your account and open a new one? That would lead me to believe that they realize they've been hacked but haven't got authorization on how to fix it yet. And, it's scary that they are so backward with their IT technology. Safeguarding your customer base should be their number one agenda since that's where the profits come from.

I understood your post! I do not have another reservation at the same time. I can't find one that isn't 50 mins on either side, which is just too far apart. I'm looking though. I'd love to pay the higher price lol and just have the seating figured out! I cannot seem to bring the reservations up online at all so either everything is booked solid for that day and hasn't been opened every 100th time each day I've checked or the online system for CP reservations are down. I've called too and am continually told it's booked solid.

Make your reservation even if it's 50 minutes apart and SHOW UP all together. If you wait too long there will be nothing at all. Also, look at tables for 2, 3, 4 even if it is just three you need.

I had a conversation with the hosts and manager at Ale and Compass about bringing my party there in February. There could be up to 12 of us. What they stressed was to get a reservation. They also pointed out how they could put tables together to get larger parties seated. Seven is not a huge party.

Are you talking about the new one in Kapolei?

Cat 5 is 35k standard, 30k off peak, and 40k peak.

Kapolei is a bit far (by island standards) from Honolulu and Waikiki, but a very close drive to Aulani and the Ko Olina resort area, and not a bad drive to the H-2 and H-3 freeways that’ll take you into central and windward Oahu. Kapolei itself is a growing city but a bit flat and spaced out; there’s a Target, Costco, shopping and dining, as well as a ticketed water park nearby. It’s not a bad location if you’re just using it as a base to explore the island, but it’s not really near any beach if that’s important for your Hawaiian vacation.
I like this area for convenience to Aulani. I could see myself booking a pre-Aulani night there. I would feel better about getting in later and getting grocery before checking into Aulani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts