I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ODOM is dead to me :( They have to call for pre-authorization. Some central VISA number, not Chase.
Quoting myself because I found an OD/OM that let me buy VGCs!! The one next to my house started calling for pre-authorization and for some reason, it always was declined. I was at the shopping center farther from home to pick up an order at Michaels. Decided to try the OD/OM by there and I got two $200 VCGs!! No preauthorization, no problems. I'll probably stop again tomorrow and see if it is a pattern or an exception. Glad I tried as I was expecting to just skip these OD/OM deals. Also, thanks to @Lain for all the updates. I could not remember it is was VGC or MCGC and I searched this thread to find your post and buy the right thing.

Thanks - I was thinking that could be an issue. We both have scores that range between 815-845, so I think we’d be okay, We’re not in a big hurry since we’re going to DW in February, so our next trip won’t be until 2021 at least. We could always do the refi and wait a few months for the card, I guess.
We have refi'ed a couple of times in the last few years, while opening many cards, and I would say it had very little impact on our getting approved for a good rate (we are also in CO). I had to write a short statement to give to the underwriter about what each inquiry was for. It was an easy process and since your CS's are so good, I really don't think it will be a big deal.

Thank you for sharing! Even though I set it up with a unique password, I do think this is a real possibility. I’m still not quite sure how to handle it since Disney has been so unresponsive about it.
Wow, that is so insane if your account was hacked. I can't wait to see hw they are going to handle this.

Wow, that is so insane if your account was hacked. I can't wait to see hw they are going to handle this.
Dh & I are going to try calling again and hope the wait times are better than when he was calling last week. My dh has a long meeting at our church tonight so it won't happen til tomorrow. Not sure if we will get any different help or what Disney would even suggest. I really don't think they know what is going on but you can tell by social media, that something is affecting a lot of people. They haven't made a public statement about what people should be doing or how long we are looking at. So crazy!

Thank for all this info. I feel at such a disadvantage since we’ve never been before and nervous we could actually not get a seat at all. Where are the best seats? I know sometimes down in front isn’t actually best.

The best seats are not behind a tree! Seriously, the only advice I have is to watch out for the trees--I understand why Disney wouldn't remove them, and there are not a lot, but we've changed seats once after we realized that there was a tree not too far in front of us. (Fortunately we noticed right away and so were able to change seats easily--and my family can be a little spacey so most people probably would have noticed before sitting down.)

I don't know if the seats at the very front are too close--we've never tried to optimize our seating since we've always been in the middle of the pack.

After making my husband help give some input I believe we decided on 3 nights in Anaheim (4 days) and 5 nights in SD. We will do a Hilton in SD and use UR for the Anaheim hotel portion (husband is rooting for HoJo haha). I picked up the Amez biz green for myself today to get the 25k MR with $0 AF (and 15k MR referral from husband’s plat) and am thinking Hilton biz for P2 but won’t apply until at least Jan to space out MSR. Thanks all!

After making my husband help give some input I believe we decided on 3 nights in Anaheim (4 days) and 5 nights in SD. We will do a Hilton in SD and use UR for the Anaheim hotel portion (husband is rooting for HoJo haha). I picked up the Amez biz green for myself today to get the 25k MR with $0 AF (and 15k MR referral from husband’s plat) and am thinking Hilton biz for P2 but won’t apply until at least Jan to space out MSR. Thanks all!
We loved the HoJo! The walk was a little far after a full day of walking the parks but otherwise we loved the hotel. My boys enjoyed the pool area. We only took a break one day to swim but it was fun. We had considered staying at the Marriott CY with the water park but it was more expensive and we knew we wouldn't use the water park all that much. We're just more park people and that turned out to be a good decision for us. We found so much to keep us busy at DLR. Can't wait to go back!

Yesterday I was singing the praises of Courtyard Theme Park Entrance because you expressed interest in staying at a Marriott property, but HOJO is actually our go to place to stay 🤣 While the Courtyard is really nice, HOJO is a far better value. We stay in building 1 Superior view room. The rooms in building 1 are fully updated and the superior view rooms have a nice view of Matterhorn /fireworks. We paid approximately $550-600 for 3 nights in September. I would wait until it’s about $150-170/night. Also sign up for their email. I get promos all the time.

Just got caught up. You guys were busy today! I went by OM for VGCs this afternoon and finished off the MSR on my JB Biz! I realized today that my only MSR currently is DH’s Citi AA Biz. That’ll keep me busy for a while though since I’ve only done about $800 on it so far. I really need to sit down and evaluate what my next plans are. DH can get another Chase card in January and is only 2/24, so maybe I’ll keep an eye out for any increased offers on Chase cards.

@IFlossU @wendow yay! I had been so hyper-focused on picking somewhere to use hotel points that once it was pointed our the UR portal w/ CSR was a better bet for DL it was much easier to find a good fit!

This is why I always like running my plans by the group before I apply- glad I didn’t do the Marriott cards!

(and to make it clear for anyone wondering why I went Amex went I just said we were using UR for DL- velocity. We will hopefully drink up many UR come spring!)

Well I had a crappy day at work and tomorrow promises to be just as lousy. Things are not good there.

I actually had a hives breakout from stress on my inner arm. It's actually on the part of my arm you can see in my profile pic to the left. That has never happened to me before.

In flying news, here's a little tidbit from American Airlines - new routes to some cool places.

We have refi'ed a couple of times in the last few years, while opening many cards, and I would say it had very little impact on our getting approved for a good rate (we are also in CO). I had to write a short statement to give to the underwriter about what each inquiry was for. It was an easy process and since your CS's are so good, I really don't think it will be a big deal.
That’s good to hear, thanks! It just occurred to me that doing the refi/cash out would be a great opportunity to meet MSRs and pay off right away while getting some remodeling done....hmmmm

The end of the year is fast approaching and I still have $140 of amex United airline credit. I will have a legitimate use for $40. It's killing me to leave $100 on the table. Any ideas to use them up?
been wondering what to do with my amex plat credit too with no airline yet.. I got my 70k bonus though.

@IFlossU @wendow yay! I had been so hyper-focused on picking somewhere to use hotel points that once it was pointed our the UR portal w/ CSR was a better bet for DL it was much easier to find a good fit!

This is why I always like running my plans by the group before I apply- glad I didn’t do the Marriott cards!

(and to make it clear for anyone wondering why I went Amex went I just said we were using UR for DL- velocity. We will hopefully drink up many UR come spring!)
Honestly many people love the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. If you plan to spend lots of time in the room it might not be your best choice, but if you spend more time at the park it is the best location. I haven’t checked lately but it used to be on the UR portal. We stayed at Camelot Inn last visit (booked thru UR portal) and looked at BWPPI longingly as we walked back each night even though our hotel wasn’t much farther.

Well I had a crappy day at work and tomorrow promises to be just as lousy. Things are not good there.

I actually had a hives breakout from stress on my inner arm. It's actually on the part of my arm you can see in my profile pic to the left. That has never happened to me before.

In flying news, here's a little tidbit from American Airlines - new routes to some cool places.

View attachment 453511
I think AA is telling me I should visit Poland...or Barcelona

MS highs and lows today.
ODOM is dead to me >:( They have to call for pre-authorization. Some central VISA number, not Chase. Declined for $400 on VGC. WHAT - I have $5000 available credit on that card. It is embarrassing to have them say it is declined. Last time I thought it was because it was I had just bought $800 the night before. But that is not the case this time. I would love to figure this out. Going to call Chase to see if they have any thoughts. Maybe it is looking at cash advance and that is low? Frustrating
Quoting myself because I found an OD/OM that let me buy VGCs!! The one next to my house started calling for pre-authorization and for some reason, it always was declined. I was at the shopping center farther from home to pick up an order at Michaels. Decided to try the OD/OM by there and I got two $200 VCGs!! No preauthorization, no problems. I'll probably stop again tomorrow and see if it is a pattern or an exception. Glad I tried as I was expecting to just skip these OD/OM deals. Also, thanks to @Lain for all the updates. I could not remember it is was VGC or MCGC and I searched this thread to find your post and buy the right thing.

This is happening to other people:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!