I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are using it in Tampa during Christmas break. We will use our Busch Garden tickets and will do a swim/kayak with the manatees in Crystal River. Not sure what else we will do. I booked with a new hotel, The Current. It was the only one I could find that claimed to sleep 5. But it is so new I don't see many pictures. They show a king room and the sofa they show does not look like it will be comfortable for anyone to sleep on. Should be a fun week battling for a bed. I think our times of 1 room are over.
Ooh good find! Looks like a nice place! Adding it to my list of maybes. Let us know how your family likes it.

I have found return saver flights home from SYD in United Biz. Yay! Now I just to decide, do we Stop in DEN or HOU on our way home? The DEN flight gets in an hour earlier and has 2 1/2 hours to get us through customs (flight arrives at 6 am so hopefully it wouldn’t be too crazy.) It’s in late Aug so hopefully no weather concerns. Thoughts?
Hurricanes were a major concern for me when looking for flights to and from Europe during peak hurricane season. We're flying out Aug 25 and returning Sept 9. Our connecting cities are Chicago and Philidelphia. We were on an Alaska cruise first week of September in 2017. There were a lot of Floridians on the cruise who spent the week worried about getting home due to Irma. I believe Harvey hit Houston a few weeks earlier. Given the choice I'd pick Denver.

Since I did this wrong last time, what’s the best way to utilize this offer?

OD/OM sells fixed denomination VGCs in $100 (with a $5.95 activation fee) and $200 (with a $6.95 activation fee). To maximize this deal, it’s best to buy 2x $200 VGCs, paying with a CIC/Ink+ for 5x UR at office supply stores.

$206.95 x 2 = $413.90 - $15 = $398.90 (a $1.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,994.5 UR

You won’t earn as many points buying $200 and $100 VGCs, and multiple $100 VGCs will increase your fees.

$105.95 + $206.95 = $312.90 - $15 = $297.90 (a $2.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,489.5 UR

$105.95 x 3 = $317.85 - $15 = $302.85. ($2.85 in fees) x 5x UR = 1,514.25 UR

Mixed DPs whether a $300 variable load VCG works.

We hit 30 nights with Hyatt this week (thanks to 3 different work conferences for DH at Hyatts this fall). That comes with a free night certificate. It only lasts 6 months. Not ideal timing, would rather use it during the summer and it expires May 14th. Should also get another free night in January if I keep my Ziva reservations because that will put us at our 5th brand and I assume that will also last 6 months. We also have 4 club access awards and not really sure what to do with those. We tried to use one last week and they were "sold out" of club availability so not sure how easy they will be to use.

Our upcoming travel plans

Dec/Jan - 7 nights Tampa with Marriott cert

end of Jan - 4 nights Hyatt Ziva Cancun (that I may cancel! lol I am not sure about this trip) But it is our 25th anniversary so would like to do something. We will actually be in Tampa for our anniversary. But with 3 kids, that doesn't count. lol

February and beyond - Have zero clues!!!! Will have at least 2 possibly 3 free Hyatt nights and have 3 free Marriott 35k certs to use by the end of summer.

Really hoping for Europe end of May but I was hoping to see what kids summer plans were first. Which will likely be impossible to know anything soon. Ughhh And the hotel nights will not help over there with a family of 5.

OD/OM sells fixed denomination VGCs in $100 (with a $5.95 activation fee) and $200 (with a $6.95 activation fee). To maximize this deal, it’s best to buy 2x $200 VGCs, paying with a CIC/Ink+ for 5x UR at office supply stores.

$206.95 x 2 = $413.90 - $15 = $398.90 (a $1.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,994.5 UR

You won’t earn as many points buying $200 and $100 VGCs, and multiple $100 VGCs will increase your fees.

$105.95 + $206.95 = $312.90 - $15 = $297.90 (a $2.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,489.5 UR

Our OD does not have fixed denomination $200 only variable up to $200 and those work.

Check your Amex Offers!

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay - Online Tickets
- Spend $100 or more, get $20 back - Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $100 or more for online purchases at buschgardens.com/tampa by 12/31/2019.

Adorama - Spend $250 or more, get $25 back - Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions in-store at Adorama or online at Adorama.com by 1/16/2020. (Adorama is an authorized Apple retailer in addition to selling camera and other electronic gear. Currently, Adorama still charges local sales tax in only NY and NJ, which doesn't really help out-of-state shoppers looking to use this offer on $249 Apple AirPods Pro.)

Splendid - Spend $200 or more, get $50 back - Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more transactions in-store at Splendid or online at splendid.com by 12/31/2019.

7 For All Mankind - Spend $250 or more, get $75 back - Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions in-store at 7 For All Mankind or online at 7forallmankind.com by 12/31/2019.

There are also Membership Rewards Points versions of these offers.

REMINDER: Safeway and Albertsons et al. is still running a Save $10 on $100+ Mastercard Gift Cards deal through 11/23/19.

Check your Just 4 U account or app and add this offer ASAP, as these coupons have been known to disappear before the expiration date. The coupon is eligible on variable load MGCGs of $100+, so it's recommended to purchase $500 to maximize the bonus points earned on this deal.

Safeway and Albertsons et al. is also offering 8x Reward Points when you buy $50 or more in select Happy gift cards, until 11/23/19:
  • Happy Student
  • Happy Bites
  • Happy Teen
  • Happy Bride
  • Happy Eats
  • Happy Lady
  • Happy Dining
  • Happy Her
  • Happy Beauty
  • Happy Moments
Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; Chase Freedom for 5x Ultimate Rewards Points using Chase Pay through Samsung Pay if you have a Samsung phone; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR. Amex cards on which you're working towards MSR are generally fine to use for gift cards at grocery stores as long as you mix in some actual grocery items to give your purchase an odd number.

We are using it in Tampa during Christmas break. We will use our Busch Garden tickets and will do a swim/kayak with the manatees in Crystal River. Not sure what else we will do. I booked with a new hotel, The Current. It was the only one I could find that claimed to sleep 5. But it is so new I don't see many pictures. They show a king room and the sofa they show does not look like it will be comfortable for anyone to sleep on. Should be a fun week battling for a bed. I think our times of 1 room are over.

I actually looked at that one and marked it as a 'look again'. It does offer a 2 queen room. But, I do not want to pay for valet parking in Tampa - being cheap again. Right now I'm looking at a Courtyard near Hutchinson Island. Daughter should get the free breakfasts credit for being plat, and this one is on the beach but its pretty old. I'm actually all over the place and have to decide soon. I'm going to review Savannah area, Jacksonville area again. I'm a mess looking at this. I also think we want an indoor pool. Too cool in March for outdoor and the ocean.

Hurricanes were a major concern for me when looking for flights to and from Europe during peak hurricane season. We're flying out Aug 25 and returning Sept 9. Our connecting cities are Chicago and Philidelphia. We were on an Alaska cruise first week of September in 2017. There were a lot of Floridians on the cruise who spent the week worried about getting home due to Irma. I believe Harvey hit Houston a few weeks earlier. Given the choice I'd pick Denver.
@wendow I am so torn here. We would have a long layover at both of them and IAH has the Centurion Lounge where I could make use of my Plat. I know one is coming to DEN. What are rumors as to when it will open? We will have just taken a very long flight so I want somewhere comfy to wait until we fly home.

I actually looked at that one and marked it as a 'look again'. It does offer a 2 queen room. But, I do not want to pay for valet parking in Tampa - being cheap again. Right now I'm looking at a Courtyard near Hutchinson Island. Daughter should get the free breakfasts credit for being plat, and this one is on the beach but its pretty old. I'm actually all over the place and have to decide soon. I'm going to review Savannah area, Jacksonville area again. I'm a mess looking at this. I also think we want an indoor pool. Too cool in March for outdoor and the ocean.
The Courtyard does not offer a free breakfast with Plat status. It is some ridiculously low about $ to spend which won’t buy you much of anything.

I am not happy about the parking either. Right now I do have a car reserved, and we will need it to get to Crystal River, but wondering if I should just have it for part of the time, maybe Uber to Busch Gardens, but ubering every day would add up too. I am assuming we will get free breakfast for 2 there, I haven't seen anything about a lounge there. Not all that helpful with 5, but will take it.

@wendow I am so torn here. We would have a long layover at both of them and IAH has the Centurion Lounge where I could make use of my Plat. I know one is coming to DEN. What are rumors as to when it will open? We will have just taken a very long flight so I want somewhere comfy to wait until we fly home.

My DD had 2 hours and 20 min after her Sydney flight in SFO and she said she barely had time to use the bathroom. But do you guys have global entry? That might help.

Depending on delays and customs, etc, you might not have long to wait. Personally I’d go for the safer airport weather wise. 2 1/2 hours is not that long after an international flight IMO.

Need advice please. My car is in the shop, started smoking on the way to work so I turned around. Just in case I need a rental car, I will have to pick up this afternoon. DH has CSR which would be my first choice to pay but it’s in his name. If they won’t ley me use his card, second choice?
CIP has secondary insurance for personal use. Looks like Amex Hilton Aspire also has secondary.
I have CIP, CF, Hyatt, Amex Hilton Aspire, Marriott Biz and personal...

Anyone ever had to wait 'SB' for the CP Epcot show? We've tried so hard to get a meal for 7 that would give us guaranteed seating for the show. I called (again) on Saturday and this time I called DVC MS. The CM was so nice but said everything is booked 100% solid for that day for the two shows my dd is performing in. I've tried for so long that I'm just tired. The CM said it's cause Gary Sinese is the narrator. He's one of their more popular ones and it's a Saturday night. I will hold our reservation for 4 for as long as we can but if we cannot get the other three a seat somewhere, I will need to cancel. And then we are lining up with the masses. Just wondering how likely that is that we can actually get a seat??
You very much deserve some pixie dust. Disney is just not playing nice with you lately.

I just made a run and got two $200 variable load gcs. I almost did the dining everywhere but Dh and I decided against it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!