I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house was awesome. We bought a $10 cookie covered in chocolate and it was disgusting

I didn't buy anything at all during my stay at VGF. I am planning to make some gingerbread cookies this season as I'm nostalgic about some old timey things. I think they create the 'goodies' for show or display more than for taste. I saw people buying gingerbread at Contemporary while I was checking out their decor. It was one of the earlier ones to go up, but I didn't get much wow there.

Before I checked into VGF I went over to Saratoga for the Member tour of Riviera and was invited to have refreshments. They had what they called 'shortbread' which was sort of cake like with sugar sprinkles - that was delicious. Then they had apple turnovers - meh. And last, they had cupcakes - not worth the calories. Also some fruit choices just in case anyone is going. I was on tour by myself at the 3pm one. There is a 2pm and a 3pm for members. My tour was speedy to say the least. I was in and out in less than a half hour. They do not have a Tower room on display, just the studio and one bedroom. Between the two there are sleeping spaces for 10 - too many people for me, lol! I will stay as soon as i can snag a Tower room to try it out.

I didn't buy anything at all during my stay at VGF. I am planning to make some gingerbread cookies this season as I'm nostalgic about some old timey things. I think they create the 'goodies' for show or display more than for taste. I saw people buying gingerbread at Contemporary while I was checking out their decor. It was one of the earlier ones to go up, but I didn't get much wow there.

Before I checked into VGF I went over to Saratoga for the Member tour of Riviera and was invited to have refreshments. They had what they called 'shortbread' which was sort of cake like with sugar sprinkles - that was delicious. Then they had apple turnovers - meh. And last, they had cupcakes - not worth the calories. Also some fruit choices just in case anyone is going. I was on tour by myself at the 3pm one. There is a 2pm and a 3pm for members. My tour was speedy to say the least. I was in and out in less than a half hour. They do not have a Tower room on display, just the studio and one bedroom. Between the two there are sleeping spaces for 10 - too many people for me, lol! I will stay as soon as i can snag a Tower room to try it out.
We didn’t buy any at the contemporary because we didn’t want the same experience again. We’re heading to MK now to try the Christmas cookie sundae in Tomorrowland

/[/URL]

AFs appear on the 1st if the month. If your statement cut on 10/25 and your AF posted on 11/1 then you do not owe that AF on 11/22...it should be part of your next statement and thus not due until 12/22. Assuming what you’ve said is correct (meaning what I’ve also said is correct), your anniversary points should post on your 11/25 statement and you can then cancel and get the AF refunded.
Ok I double checked..... -80.00 balance on 10/4- statement closed 10/25, AF charged 11/1, account page says balance due is 19.00 by 11/22. This looks like I have to pay by then or lose my options/pay finance charges etc. (I do tend to pay early at times b/c I'm unsure if I owe now or after next statement- if my acct page says balance due then I have to pay amount by that date....don't I?)

Ok I double checked..... -80.00 balance on 10/4- statement closed 10/25, AF charged 11/1, account page says balance due is 19.00 by 11/22. This looks like I have to pay by then or lose my options/pay finance charges etc. (I do tend to pay early at times b/c I'm unsure if I owe now or after next statement- if my acct page says balance due then I have to pay amount by that date....don't I?)
I honestly can’t make heads or tails on this one - something is missing here. Pull up a PDF of your statement. Does it say you owed anything? Does it show the AF?

Is there a limit to how often Chase allows transfers of URs between cards? I am not sure whether to leave them where they are or move them to the most current (newest) card... assuming all cards redeem at the same rate, of course. Aside from making sure it's a card that is still open, does it matter which one the URs are parked on?
If you don’t have a CSR, it doesn’t matter what card you park your URs on. If you gave a CSP, I’d keep them on that card just out of general paranoia of potential future changes that will likely never occur and the fact that you could upgrade that to a CSR. I would keep them all together between spouses on one card prioritized in this order: (1) CSR, (2) CSP, (3) CIP.

I think all this Disney+ headache has broken my dh’s MDE. His AP is gone from his account and he’s now missing from all our FPs for our trip in less than a month. On hold with Disney. So over all this.
This is INSANE! I Am so sorry you are caught up in all of this craziness! I can’t even put into words how angry this makes me for you. Just an epic level Disney IT fail here.

@SouthFayetteFan - Do you think -80 is an $80 credit on the account? Because $80 and $19 sounds like an annual fee amount.

Thanks for your review! I hope you're having a great time!

I'm quite shocked, although I shouldn't be surprised, and kind of upset for you that they didn't give you a better upgrade as a Marriott Platinum elite member, and even flat out told you no. Bonvoyed, I guess. Otherwise, the resort sounds lovely.

For those who don't know or remember what we're talking about, TPG did a review of the Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay over the summer.

Yes, I meant to mention the TPG (gasp!) review because it really was a pretty accurate and thorough/well done review. So thank you for mentioning. Marriott have been great about upgrading us throughout this trip (other locations in Australia) but I knew chances here were really low based on research and reviews. So as I said, I was glad just to not be on top of the pool ha ha. I really try to just be thankful for my “free” room, regardless of whatever view or location I get. But I know what you mean!

We didn’t buy any at the contemporary because we didn’t want the same experience again. We’re heading to MK now to try the Christmas cookie sundae in Tomorrowland
I love gingerbread cookies and had the same experience at Grand Floridian a few years ago. Bought a cute decorated cookie and it tasted awful. Agree they are meant to be decorative not edible.

On cruise stops in Roatan, which I super excited about, any suggestions on what to do in port (DH, DS13 and me)? We are not scuba people.

We were there in September 2016. We hired a private driver/tour guide through Rony's tours and visited Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout followed by beach time at West Bay Beach. Our driver took us to Paradise Beach Hotel where we experienced some of the best snorkeling we have ever had. The highlight of the trip was definitely Daniel Johnson's. We were able to get there right when they opened so we had a tour guide all to ourselves and even had the entire facility all to ourselves until we were almost ready to leave. West Bay Beach was probably our least-favorite beach experience of every island/country we have ever visited. The vendors were RELENTLESS. We ended up just spending all our time snorkeling and went back to the ship earlier than we intended. We still had a great time but that one is checked off my list and we wouldn't go back; but don't let that dissuade you - as I said, the snorkeling was excellent and worth the onslaught.

Does the Gyft app still code as 5% on the CIC using PayPal? Was thinking of getting some Walmart GFs to use at SAMs for DGCs. Seems the % off has gone down a bit, the $500 are just 3% now, the single $50 is 4% but thats a lot of cards to scratch and enter for 1% savings. :rotfl2:

@Lain Just tagging you since its on your older post. Just wondering if that still codes as 5% on the CIC via PayPal.

@SouthFayetteFan You too for the heck of it.

We were there in September 2016. We hired a private driver/tour guide through Rony's tours and visited Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout followed by beach time at West Bay Beach. Our driver took us to Paradise Beach Hotel where we experienced some of the best snorkeling we have ever had. The highlight of the trip was definitely Daniel Johnson's. We were able to get there right when they opened so we had a tour guide all to ourselves and even had the entire facility all to ourselves until we were almost ready to leave. West Bay Beach was probably our least-favorite beach experience of every island/country we have ever visited. The vendors were RELENTLESS. We ended up just spending all our time snorkeling and went back to the ship earlier than we intended. We still had a great time but that one is checked off my list and we wouldn't go back; but don't let that dissuade you - as I said, the snorkeling was excellent and worth the onslaught.
View attachment 453040

OMG the sloth pic. Too cute!

I honestly can’t make heads or tails on this one - something is missing here. Pull up a PDF of your statement. Does it say you owed anything? Does it show the AF?

I've been noting this discussion because I am trying to figure out timing for some charges on my Hyatt card. I have the 5% promo up to 2K by Dec 31, and I want to maximize it. But I want the whole amount to come due after January 1, 2020. My next payment due is Nov 27, and I have nothing due as I have paid up whatever I put on it recently. So, my promo is for utilities, insurance and I have an insurance bill due on Dec 1, another due Dec 28, and then one due in February which will show by end of Dec so I can pay it. So, timing is everything!

I’m behind...we’re at Pop right now getting ready to go to Epcot today. It definitely got chillier last night. Very breezy. We rode the Skyliner last night for the first time. Those cars move so fast! When they come to a stop in the stations it’s rather abrupt. But it was a fun ride. Having breakfast at Garden Grill. Don’t have plans to come back again in the next year, but it’s so tempting to upgrade to AP while here. I won’t, but it’s tempting.

There are so many gift card deals right now...just do it and upgrade! :)

Any opinions on Icelandair?

We flew there on a package deal with them in 2012. It was fine; my memory is akin to Delta. It was super cheap package through Travelzoo...I think our flights from Denver to Reykjavik plus 5 nights hotel plus two tours was under $1000. They still run packages that are cheap (maybe not that cheap) so if you are interested in Iceland I would look into it. I would love to go back!

Our 2020 plans are rather boring! Nothing for 2021 quite yet. I am impressed by everyone and their grand plans.

DH is having a shoulder replacement December 17 so for the next couple months after that we will be grounded. (Both literally and figuratively).

March/April Spring break will be WDW.
June is Yellowstone.
October WDW again.

Definitely will be more travel but given our situation now it is going to be more up in the air. It is hard with school schedules and then possible job changes added in makes it even harder.

Back from fantastic trip to Rome (report to follow) and catching up :)

very late 2019
Dec--India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore)

March--WDW with our kids and ds's fiancee (her very first Disney trip ever!), split stay between Bay Lake and Kidani
May or June--back to CA to visit my aunties plus some hiking time
Sept--3 weeks in Australia :banana:

--at least once to CA to visit my relatives
--a National Parks trip at some point, either Glacier or Utah parks or Death Valley (depends on which month we'd go)
--we are contemplating a choice between Hawaii, Africa (safari plus meeting up with Congolese friends in Mozambique--could be 2022), and a small ship Galapagos cruise with or without additional travel

I'm so happy it's a great road trip car!
Cannot wait to read your Italy report!

There are so many gift card deals right now...just do it and upgrade! :)

@Limes96 - can't remember - are you DVC? If so and you plan another trip I agree with @kmc8826 . I upgraded a 7 day park hopper to a DVC gold for $276. The park hopper was purchased in 1/2017 for $411. I haven't done the math for a non dvc upgrade.

Just be careful with the upgrade. I got the wrong price first try so said never mind. I then just used it to enter Epcot. Eventually visited Guest Services inside the park and got the price I was willing to pay. Used gift cards for the $276 so an additional savings of about $40 there. Actually I went more than twice - I needed to hear $276 several times before I paid. So each of my three trips will cost me $215. I go again in Feb 2020 and Oct/Nov 2020. I priced this out earlier in a posting but can't find it to see if my anticipated figures are matching my actual outcome.

Do they have tours every day? I might like to do that while we are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter