I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list of folks who FINALLY have Chase offers on their biz cards (both DH and me); although in general I find the Chase offers to be a lot less attractive than the Amex offers. But I added a bunch anyway just in case one gets tripped.

I also saw a good chunk of MRs (18k+) in my Amex account this morning from my Rakuten/EBates purchases. That's helping to replenish the stash I transferred to Hilton amidst the shutdown worries of a week or two ago. And my Amex accounts are all still alive and well...

Add me to the list of folks who FINALLY have Chase offers on their biz cards (both DH and me); although in general I find the Chase offers to be a lot less attractive than the Amex offers. But I added a bunch anyway just in case one gets tripped.

I also saw a good chunk of MRs (18k+) in my Amex account this morning from my Rakuten/EBates purchases. That's helping to replenish the stash I transferred to Hilton amidst the shutdown worries of a week or two ago. And my Amex accounts are all still alive and well...
Except now you have 18k+ MRs to once again worry about losing... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sorry... I had to say it... :P

Has anyone who has done the Chase Business Checking $500 bonus had the bonus post yet? I've done 5 transactions (all ACH credits) and wondering how long it might take. I did the personal one a few months ago and remembering it being very quick after meeting the requirements. I'm wondering if I should go make some debit card purchases? After messing up an losing $200, I definitely don't want to mess this one up!

Updated link:

Expires 01/23/2020, but email yourself the code now before they pull it again.
Thank you. I’ve been toying with the idea of opening an account only for my eBay stuff and not commingling household funds. Plus, I want to pay shipping with a CIP and will need a place to transfer all my PayPal $$ to right away.
OK so ... still no offers on my chase Biz cards, either on the app or on a desktop computer/website. So sad! However, at the close of the next cycle, which should be a couple days before I'm going to try to book the flight to Japan, I should have just about 205K UR. Now all I need is to get lucky on those flights!
I can see the offers on my Chase biz cards FINALLY!!! I got BJs on all 3 of my Chase biz cards. Now need to check DH's.
I have 2 Chase business cards in one login. I’m still working on MSR for one of them. I don’t see offers on that one but I have the 7 offers on the older card. Anyone else experiencing the same thing with a card they are still meeting MSR on? I thought I saw offers on both last week but they are definitely not there now.

Has anyone who has done the Chase Business Checking $500 bonus had the bonus post yet? I've done 5 transactions (all ACH credits) and wondering how long it might take. I did the personal one a few months ago and remembering it being very quick after meeting the requirements. I'm wondering if I should go make some debit card purchases? After messing up an losing $200, I definitely don't want to mess this one up!
I'm working on mine. I completed the 5 transactions (well 10 since I did 5 ACH and 5 small debit card reloads to my amazon account just to be safe.) I opened towards the end of October, so my account won't be 60 days old until the end of December. I looked at the personal option as well because the lady opening my account asked if I was interested, but I don't have a way to add direct deposit being self employed, so there wasn't much point to opening an account without being able to achieve the bonus. I don't remember that offer having the same 60 day minimum balance language that the business checking has. Has your account aged beyond 60 days yet?

B
Major mistake on my part. I've been waiting for the 20,000 points to post on DHs CIP from when I used his link to get a CIP for me.
Just realized they posted to a closed card. I must have put in the wrong card when getting the link. His closed card still shows up when I log into his account. The points are there in "earnings on next statement", but he's not going to have another statement. I posted with a bit more detail on dischurners too. Anything I can do? Or did I just make a $200 mistake?

The good news- you are not alone.
The bad news - see my post from last month. 😢😢😢

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61177658

I'm working on mine. I completed the 5 transactions (well 10 since I did 5 ACH and 5 small debit card reloads to my amazon account just to be safe.) I opened towards the end of October, so my account won't be 60 days old until the end of December. I looked at the personal option as well because the lady opening my account asked if I was interested, but I don't have a way to add direct deposit being self employed, so there wasn't much point to opening an account without being able to achieve the bonus. I don't remember that offer having the same 60 day minimum balance language that the business checking has. Has your account aged beyond 60 days yet?
No, it hasn’t been 60 days. Totally forgot about that part. I think I was just getting paranoid after messing up on a support click.
Thanks for the reminder. I’ll patiently wait it out and maybe make a few amazon reloads, just in case.

I was planning on using up some MCGCs at my local grocery store today thinking that they would just auto drain. I chose credit and swiped the first one. It did auto drain, but it also did something weird to the register causing the cashier to need an override/key from a manager which took a long time and forced everyone in line behind me to wait. I ended up only using one of my MCGCs since it seemed like the manager would be needed for each one and he quickly walked away after the first one. Has anyone else run into this? I'm wondering if I should have told the cashier the amounts on each card or something to process it differently.

I was planning on using up some MCGCs at my local grocery store today thinking that they would just auto drain. I chose credit and swiped the first one. It did auto drain, but it also did something weird to the register causing the cashier to need an override/key from a manager which took a long time and forced everyone in line behind me to wait. I ended up only using one of my MCGCs since it seemed like the manager would be needed for each one and he quickly walked away after the first one. Has anyone else run into this? I'm wondering if I should have told the cashier the amounts on each card or something to process it differently.

This has happened to me before at Kroger. I think I was using a vgc from Kroger to buy groceries plus 3rd party gc’s. One time they had to completely shut down that register and move me and all my groceries to another register. It took forever. I don’t know for sure if it shut down because I used a vgc to buy 3rd party gift cards, but I stopped trying to do that anyway. It was too much of a hassle.

I see my Big Fat Check in my Informed Delivery today I believe. :D

(And it certainly isn't a big or fat check...it's a tiny check...because I'm cheap and don't spend any money on anything ever...)
What? You mean you are actually getting a paper check!?! Just another way you aren’t acting like a millennial 🤣 Mine was only big and fat because of MS

Last edited:
Just when I thought I had my Barclays online account under control, it boggles my mind. One account is showing a $0 balance and the other is showing about $350. Why? I paid off everything I have charged on my card + the AF. I even double checked on my spreadsheet. Should I just overpay the thing?

Same thing happened to me. And I noticed it right before the due date and didn't want to be late, so I paid it. Then ended up with a -$497 balance on the account. >:( I left it like that figuring I'd charge something to it eventually to even it out, but they mailed me a check for it a few months later. I'm done using that card, Barclays sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter