I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine actually posted the very next day. I did a pull from my Ally when I set up the account. Now to hope the bonus posts like they say it will. Wish we didn't have to wait 3 months. I have to say their site is a dumb as Great Southern Banks.

OMG, the site is near IMPOSSIBLE to navigate. Doesn't make sense AT ALL!

And how would one even cancel a subscription they cannot access 🤔
Off the chat. Almost 17 hours between dh and I (more him than me) to be told they have no idea what the problem is. Disney+ is ‘aware of the issue’ and is already working on it. They ‘hope to have a fix as soon as possible’. Blah blah blah.
I have never used so many angry reactions! This is absurd. I feel so bad this is happening. Once you finally get someone, they better give you some of your money back. IDC if its like $0.13 for every day missed of the subscription. Its the principle!

Lot of new offers on my Chase biz cards this morning, whereas before I only had 2-3 offers. I have BJ's $25 off on almost every card. Do you have to be a BJ's member to purchase Disney GCs online from them?
I also did the online membership last year. Sometimes BJs runs promotions where anyone can order for a week, but I made back the $10 easily. I will renew next year as well. :thumbsup2

Praise be to the mods of the Dischurners News Thread - I'd be lost without y'all! 🙂 Work, school (for me and kiddos), life... time has flown by!!

Question about redemptions - we've settled on exact dates for our trip to Disneyland next summer, and I'll be using my AA miles for actual flights. Is there any harm in booking the flights now, as opposed to closer to our travel time?

I'm about to PC my CSP to the CSR for all of the fun benefits... any negatives about booking the hotel now once that happens?

I'm an anxious planner and would never forgive myself for missing something really important! This will be our first redemption trip, so any tips are appreciated! :goodvibes

PSA: For those earning Membership Rewards points through Ebates/Rakuten, my Q3 points left my Ebates balance yesterday and the MR points are in my Amex account as of this morning.

If you're getting cash back, your Q3 earnings are probably on a similar schedule. Ebates Big Fat Checks are supposed to go out by tomorrow, 11/15/19.

Last edited:

Praise be to the mods of the Dischurners News Thread - I'd be lost without y'all! 🙂 Work, school (for me and kiddos), life... time has flown by!!

Question about redemptions - we've settled on exact dates for our trip to Disneyland next summer, and I'll be using my AA miles for actual flights. Is there any harm in booking the flights now, as opposed to closer to our travel time?

I'm about to PC my CSP to the CSR for all of the fun benefits... any negatives about booking the hotel now once that happens?

I'm an anxious planner and would never forgive myself for missing something really important! This will be our first redemption trip, so any tips are appreciated! :goodvibes

Using AA miles, the saver fares usually are most widely available the farther away you are from travel time. So if you are seeing saver fares, it's safe to book those now. AA allows changes to award tickets with no fee as long as the origin and destination remain the same, and subject to a 12 month travel deadline from original booking. However, be careful of the economy web special award fares, since those will charge a fee for changes unless you're super elite Executive Platinum status. I would wait until after you've upgraded to the CSR so that you can use the CSR for the award ticket fees (and the $300 travel credit will cover those) and the superior trip insurance coverage.

No negatives to booking the hotel with a CSR, although I always look for a refundable rate so that I can make adjustments if plans change.

Have fun planning your trip!

@CyndiLouWho and anyone else working on the First Midwest bonus - one of the requirements to earn it is to enroll in online banking. I noticed that elsewhere in the fine print, it referenced "mobile banking" instead of "online banking". There is actually a separate place to enroll in "mobile banking" on the website, after you have set up online banking. You go to Customer Service, then "manage mobile banking settings." I set up both online banking and mobile banking to be safe, but have no idea if the mobile banking step is required or not. I did get the bonus so whatever I did, worked.

Using AA miles, the saver fares usually are most widely available the farther away you are from travel time. So if you are seeing saver fares, it's safe to book those now. AA allows changes to award tickets with no fee as long as the origin and destination remain the same, and subject to a 12 month travel deadline from original booking. However, be careful of the economy web special award fares, since those will charge a fee for changes unless you're super elite Executive Platinum status. I would wait until after you've upgraded to the CSR so that you can use the CSR for the award ticket fees (and the $300 travel credit will cover those) and the superior trip insurance coverage.

No negatives to booking the hotel with a CSR, although I always look for a refundable rate so that I can make adjustments if plans change.

Have fun planning your trip!

Great information, thank you so much!!

PSA: For those earning Membership Rewards points through Ebates/Rakuten, my Q3 points left my Ebates balance yesterday and the MR points are in my Amex account as of this morning.

If you're getting cash back, your Q3 earnings are probably on a similar schedule. Ebates Big Fat Checks are supposed to go out by tomorrow, 11/15/19.

I already got my check in paypal this week :)

Hi all, just running by with a quick note.:) Normally, I don't pay much attention to Hilton purchase points promotions (because we here on the DIS like free!) but I got curious this morning and decided to take a closer look. I also have kind of written off the Grand Wailea on Maui because one night is now 95,000 points and that hurts. But this is interesting... since the 5th night is free on points bookings, it comes out to 380,000 points. If you purchased the maximum amount (160,000) you'd end up with 320,000 points for $1600. You'd need to earn only 60,000 more at that point to have enough for a 5 night trip. That's not hard to do even with the NAF Hilton Amex card. If you got in on the NAF for 1 year Aspire deal a week or two ago, you could add a free night using your cert and have $250 resort credit to spend while you're there. Here's the cash cost for 5 nights in March. (you can find standard availability throughout 2020 by using flexible search) . That's a SUPER redemption, when you consider most of the time, Hilton points are worth half a cent per point, at best. I'm a BIG fan of choosing redemptions wisely with Hilton and sometimes... sometimes it can even be worthwile to purchase them. (gasp)

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.39.59 AM.png
Here's a great video on the Grand Wailea and he has another good comparison of the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island if you're interested.

Last edited:
Hi all, just running by with a quick note.:) Normally, I don't pay much attention to Hilton purchase points promotions (because we here on the DIS like free!) but I got curious this morning and decided to take a closer look. I also have kind of written off the Grand Wailea on Maui because one night is 95,000 points and that hurts. But this is interesting... since the 5th night is free on points bookings, it comes out to 380,000 points. If you purchased the maximum amount (160,000) you'd end up with 320,000 points for $1600. You'd need to earn only 60,000 more at that point to have enough for a 5 night trip. That's not hard to do even with the NAF Hilton Amex card. If you got in on the NAF for 1 year Aspire deal a week or two ago, you could add a free night using your cert. Here's the cash cost for 5 nights in March. (you can find standard availability throughout 2020 by using flexible search) . That's a SUPER redemption, when you consider most of the time, Hilton points are worth half a cent per point, at best. I'm a BIG fan of choosing redemptions wisely with Hilton and sometimes... sometimes it can be worthwile to purchase them.

View attachment 452577
Here's a great video on the Grand Wailea and he has another super comparison of the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island if you're interested.

Wow. This spring we stayed next door at the Wailea Beach Resort and loved that, but this looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I doubt DH will be ok with going back next year, and I don't know how to fit it into our schedule, but that would be fantastic. I got the Hilton Biz cards for both me and DH, and just recently the NAF 1st year Hilton Aspire, so we should have 410K points and 3 free nights just from the SUBs once I hit the MSRs. So tempting!

I already got my check in paypal this week :)
I got my paypal transfer as well.

You're missing circling a parking lot for 30 mins trying to find a space. Then sitting in traffic trying to leave. Lots of outdated 90s architecture. No beautiful springs. A smaller World of Disney. No Amorette's, Ganachery, Food Truck Park, etc etc.

I do miss the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse, but the overall feel and additional shops and restaurants as well as the fabulous parking garages more than make up for my nostalgia. As a local who has been going to DTD/DS for 15 years Disney Springs is a HUGE upgrade and I absolutely love it!
Way to crush everything I loved about DTD and dislike about DS... 🤣 As a person who has been going to DTD/DS occasionally on trips for 12 years Disney Springs is a major letdown and I just don't go there anymore (but that's just my opinion). :P😂 (I just was having fun rephrasing your comment in jest - no churners were harmed in the making of this joke)

I will continue to cling to my nostalgia and dislike the overpriced "non-Disney" shopping stores that appear to be targeted at capturing foreign $$. Good news though, we don't all have to agree.

Last edited:

I see my Big Fat Check in my Informed Delivery today I believe. :D

(And it certainly isn't a big or fat check...it's a tiny check...because I'm cheap and don't spend any money on anything ever...)

Well just under the wire my $20k posted in my Simple account. So now I just sit and wait to see when the $500 bonus hits. It was taking forever to post, so I was worried I wasn't going to make the 15th deadline.

I managed to score free tickets to the UM/MSU hockey game for tonight. I'm taking my son. He's pretty excited. I haven't looked to see where I am on my HH Biz spend. I'm guessing I'm close.

I go under 5/24 on 11/20. I'm gonna hold off until December to apply. If I'm denied (I don't know what I would be) how long between apps?
Have fun at the game! GO BLUE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter