I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They announced last week they came to an agreement with amazon and Disney+ will be available on amazon devices.

But I still don’t think I know what my login or password would be.
Oh okay that’s good news. We primarily use our fire stick so I’m happy about that. I have no idea what my login will be

What is the shortest amount of time from CC approval to receiving the SUB for meeting MSR with a SW card? I just realized that expecting DH to earn CP for a trip in April may be too ambitious since I'm not even planning to apply for his first SW card until close to Christmas. 3ish months after that would put us into March for his 2nd card, so there may be one statement to close before our trip. We could put the spend on the card in a month, but would a 4-5 weeks be pushing it for opening the card and getting the SUB. Is CP automatically triggered and bookable once the points are in the RR account or is there a wait for that as well?

His one and only Chase card was a CIP opened 9/17/19.

I rushed my SW performance biz app by a few weeks (just under 70 days after my CIP,) to get approved before the 80k SUB went away, and was approved quickly. Would it make sense to try to bump up DH's first SW card app a few weeks to give some extra time between the 2nd card and our trip? Worst case, we just use points, which right now are pretty low (16k round trip,) but if it is possible to make the CP happen before then and save the points, that would be ideal.

I would book with points now anyway, if you get the CP you can cancel and get the points back, if you don't at least you have the flight at a price you're willing to pay. My understanding of the CP is that you can use it as soon as the now 125,000 points hits your account. If you are doing biz and personal I don't believe the apps have to be staggered if you can meet the spend, I remember hearing a few DP's last year that hit CP on like Jan 8 using both biz and personal accounts.

I would book with points now anyway, if you get the CP you can cancel and get the points back, if you don't at least you have the flight at a price you're willing to pay. My understanding of the CP is that you can use it as soon as the now 125,000 points hits your account. If you are doing biz and personal I don't believe the apps have to be staggered if you can meet the spend, I remember hearing a few DP's last year that hit CP on like Jan 8 using both biz and personal accounts.
I didn't know you could do Biz and personal together. We're both planning to do the 2 biz cards, to earn enough points for CP. I'm taking it easy on my SW biz card so I don't get my first round of RR points until January, but I'll definitely use some points then to book tickets just in case CP timing doesn't work out.

I need southwest timing advice. I got a biz card on October 15. My first statement closes on December 11. I have until January 15 to spend $5k to get the SUB. But I don't want it to post before January 1 to get a CP in 2020. Currently I have $3.5k on it. I have serious expenses coming up. What if I put another 1k on it and sock drawer it until January 1, at which point I finish my spend. Meanwhile, is it too early to apply for the personal southwest card and start my spending on that (also timing to hit spend on or about Jan 15)? I think I've been hitting chase too hard lately. It's making me nervous.
What other Chase cards have you applied for in the last 24 months... it’s less than a month from the 10/15 application I ...would wait until the beginning of December to apply

In my opinion the ruined Downtown Disney by renaming Disney Springs and building the parking garages. Now they can fit an ungodly amount of people in there. I told DH we might have a hard time getting into a sit down restaurant, he said but we are here at an off peak time, it was 2:00 on a Sunday. I am like, ummm can you see all the effing people?? lol It was a zoo. We did stop at Homecomin' first and put our name down. They told us 40 min. DH said if we find something better with no wait we are dropping them. Ragland road seated us right away. Food was good, beer was good. Nothing spectacular. But I am not a foody, so don't go by me. lol
I also feel like they ruined Downtown Disney. I liked it the old way...lol!

Do any of you have an opinion on whether Chase will again this January offer the new card offer with the 1-year companion pass as its signup bonus, like they did in January 2019?

I have been at the chase SW game a long time, and I think that would be the best new card for my husband. Just curious if anyone thinks they’ll run it again! 🤞
That was a very strange offer. I'm not sure it's coming back... It seemed to cause a lot of confusion and I don't think it got them the return they wanted. I could be wrong, but they seem to have gone back to the more standard offers now.

I need southwest timing advice. I got a biz card on October 15. My first statement closes on December 11. I have until January 15 to spend $5k to get the SUB. But I don't want it to post before January 1 to get a CP in 2020. Currently I have $3.5k on it. I have serious expenses coming up. What if I put another 1k on it and sock drawer it until January 1, at which point I finish my spend. Meanwhile, is it too early to apply for the personal southwest card and start my spending on that (also timing to hit spend on or about Jan 15)? I think I've been hitting chase too hard lately. It's making me nervous.
Is there a reason you're doing a Biz + Personal for the SW CP? Perhaps we've already discussed this, lol. My general advice for this year is that 2 biz cards is the best course of action. If you're going for another biz card you have to wait at least 30 days between apps. If going for a personal you don't have to wait but you could be playing with fire when running too fast... A lot of this comes down to your entire card application history over the past 12 months. Without that information (and not just Chase, all issuers), nobody can really give you sound advice on what's safe...

What is the shortest amount of time from CC approval to receiving the SUB for meeting MSR with a SW card? I just realized that expecting DH to earn CP for a trip in April may be too ambitious since I'm not even planning to apply for his first SW card until close to Christmas. 3ish months after that would put us into March for his 2nd card, so there may be one statement to close before our trip. We could put the spend on the card in a month, but would a 4-5 weeks be pushing it for opening the card and getting the SUB. Is CP automatically triggered and bookable once the points are in the RR account or is there a wait for that as well?

His one and only Chase card was a CIP opened 9/17/19.

I rushed my SW performance biz app by a few weeks (just under 70 days after my CIP,) to get approved before the 80k SUB went away, and was approved quickly. Would it make sense to try to bump up DH's first SW card app a few weeks to give some extra time between the 2nd card and our trip? Worst case, we just use points, which right now are pretty low (16k round trip,) but if it is possible to make the CP happen before then and save the points, that would be ideal.
DH was approved on 10/2 for SW Biz Performance and he will be app’ing on 12/4 for his next SW card. We have flights in Jan, Feb and March so we need that CP :)

I have never, ever been asked to pay immediately upon transfer. They just let me know that once I apply my URs that I can't then apply URs again. I say that I plan to wait to apply URs until closer to the final date.
Thanks for the info, I have stashed it away (hopefully where I'll remember it!). I didn't include it in the quote cuz I'm not sure we are allowed to talk about the subject on the boards. ???

Thanks for explaining. This (and things like credit freezes) complicates applying for a new card using a loophole because it adds a layer of human intervention, when the idea is to have no (or as few) human eyes on your account as possible. Did you mention that you have a password on your account? I don’t recall that. It was sound advice to apply for a CIP, but I wonder if we could have tailored our advice better to your password situation. It still would’ve been a good idea to check in before an app to double check if anything’s changed, or if you should make any adjustments if there was no change.
I have credit freezes on all 3 credit bureaus. I went online and lifted the freeze on them a week or so before applying just to be sure they were not frozen. Then I froze then again after I knew I was approved. It does take a bit of time and effort to do this and was one of the reasons I didn’t even want to open new cards. But once I started following this thread I realized it was worth the effort. But I didn’t realize that credit freezes put more eyes on my account. I thought it was just me taking care of that and the banks wouldn’t even know as long as the freeze wasn’t there when I applied. Am I missing something with this?

I have credit freezes on all 3 credit bureaus. I went online and lifted the freeze on them a week or so before applying just to be sure they were not frozen. Then I froze then again after I knew I was approved. It does take a bit of time and effort to do this and was one of the reasons I didn’t even want to open new cards. But once I started following this thread I realized it was worth the effort. But I didn’t realize that credit freezes put more eyes on my account. I thought it was just me taking care of that and the banks wouldn’t even know as long as the freeze wasn’t there when I applied. Am I missing something with this?

Last edited:
Which second card do you recommend?

I have gotten 1 personal and 3 business from chase this year. Got one Barclay's, one Citi (both AA business). Got one Amex business.
2 SW biz cards (they offer 2 separate biz cards).

Without the info in the appropriate MM/YY format I still can’t really opine on your timing. For all I know you got all 7 of those cards in January... or maybe all 7 in the past 2 months 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter