I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I’m really not too worried. I guess if they’re horrible we just won’t talk to them. I want the whole experience: eating with other people and talking with them. Hopefully we just get good ones lol
this makes me :rotfl: on our cruise, we had one shared table..... it wasn't the worst, but it wasn't my idea of fun either. And on a vacation,I want fun! plus we had my ds who doesn't like group chats and small talk with strangers....so after that we just got our own table.

[
Yes. It’s so dumb. I guess they want you to only use PayPal with merchants. The number of people playing the system by doing p2p transfers has got to be so small. [ETA] And if it really is a problem, there are other less extreme things that Chase could do to target the problem, like not awarding points on p2p transactions, or not counting such spend towards MSR.

Instead, if true, so many regular customers are going to be PISSED when they see they’ve been hit with a CA fee for everyday transactions like paying back their coworker for lunch, pooling together money for a gift or event, or sending their kids or grandkids some birthday money. Personally, I know so many parents at my kiddo’s school send money to each other via PayPal and Venmo for class and PTO things all the time, and our PTO even accepts donations via PayPal friends and family. Again, if true, this is forked.
Ok I just saw this bit of news...... now I need to check ds' acct for him since he just started venmo the other day to pay me back for some expenses....:mad: first thing I should do is have him lower his cash advance as much as possible,right? what's the lowest he can do on CIP? Wait....HOW do we lower the CA limit? via SM? I see it's set at 1k but the venmo from a few days back is still pending.....

I was, and meant to tag you. Sounds like your mother needs someone to act for her with Xfinity. We call them at least once a year to keep our bill reasonable or as soon as the time period is up, they jump the price up. Other carriers do the same thing with introductory offers. Verizon likes to sign you up for 24 months with an introductory 12 month offer.

Have you considered a backup battery pack to power her internet and VoIP? You should be able to get one that will last up to 8 hours. I'm taking away from this that your mother doesn't use a cellphone?
I am on my moms account and can/have called or gone in and changed things for her. The problem is that she refuses to check her bills and accounts so doesn’t tell me (or even notice) when they increase prices. It’s hard for me to find time to check her accounts as frequently as I check mine, although I may have to as she has overdrawn her accounts twice in the past few months since she set everything to autopay but doesn’t bother to check and make sure her checking account has enough $ to cover her bills.
She has a cell phone but when weather is bad, cell service and internet here is crap. She has a small generator which we can hookup for extended power outages. Power outages in her neighborhood used to be quite frequent and they would be some of the last restored. In looking at a map of the outages, I noticed it is a small 2-3 block area that must be on the same grid and because it’s small, they are not a priority to restore. When we had huge storms and flooding a few years ago, my parents had no power for 5 days, even though we lived a few blocks away and our power was restored in 1 days. We hooked up a generator with a room AC, the TV and fridge. My mom was on oxygen and at the time my dad had a feeding tube and tracheostomy. Cell service again was spotty. But they had a landline at the time. So at least they could call. Xfinity internet goes down randomly here, even when there are no storms or anything. I’ll arrive home from work to find the internet down. Comcast just says they are working on it and it resumes anytime from a few hours to a day. Once my sister’s was down for a week and they refused to reduce her bill even though she has no service for 25% of the billing period. That’s when my BIL canceled their Xfinity service.

As for the landline, once it was disconnected from AT&T, it does not work. The jack is still there but no dial tone. At least here, if she were to restart with AT&T, they now use digital and won’t restore her old landline (tried that). Basically she was grandfathered in but lost that when she canceled.

Okay, it's happened. I've misplaced 2 Happy Guy gift cards. I had 3 on Tuesday and took one off the hanger card and used it at Home Depot to buy 2 of the $50 Disney cards.

Last night I started counting my Disney card stash - I've been collecting all year to pay my DVC dues, and for spending money on my next two Disney trips. I've got enough for both dues and trips with some to spare, plus too many visa and mc gift cards, so quantity is not the problem. I 'found' $700 extra in Disney cards that I'd forgotten. These weren't misplaced, they were in a safe place with the others, but since I haven't rifled through my contents recently, I'd sort of lost track of that count.

So, two Happy Guys are in my house somewhere. Hiding. Probably in plain sight. I was going by HD later and was going to change them into Disney cards.

I lost $200 recently too. I’m hoping they show up but I think they got thrown out. I hope you find yours.

Okay, it's happened. I've misplaced 2 Happy Guy gift cards. I had 3 on Tuesday and took one off the hanger card and used it at Home Depot to buy 2 of the $50 Disney cards.

Last night I started counting my Disney card stash - I've been collecting all year to pay my DVC dues, and for spending money on my next two Disney trips. I've got enough for both dues and trips with some to spare, plus too many visa and mc gift cards, so quantity is not the problem. I 'found' $700 extra in Disney cards that I'd forgotten. These weren't misplaced, they were in a safe place with the others, but since I haven't rifled through my contents recently, I'd sort of lost track of that count.

So, two Happy Guys are in my house somewhere. Hiding. Probably in plain sight. I was going by HD later and was going to change them into Disney cards.

I thought I lost a $200 VGC the other week. Fortunately, it showed up in my car. Fingers crossed you find yours. That's a crappy feeling.

[

Ok I just saw this bit of news...... now I need to check ds' acct for him since he just started venmo the other day to pay me back for some expenses....:mad: first thing I should do is have him lower his cash advance as much as possible,right? what's the lowest he can do on CIP? Wait....HOW do we lower the CA limit? via SM? I see it's set at 1k but the venmo from a few days back is still pending.....
I used my CIP to buy DH a used bike via Venmo to help meet my MSR, I was not charged for CA, it coded office/shipping.

[

You can lower CA limit via SM. I believe the lowest you can go on the CIP is $100. You can ask for $0, and the rep should reply what’s the lowest they can go and ask if that’s ok. With a lower limit, if you try to make a payment over that limit that codes as a CA, the payment will be declined.

Need help with some CP strategery here. I was able to get in on the 80k SW Performance. I applied last Friday, was approved on Tuesday, IM'd to have the card expedited, got it yesterday. All set! The thing is, I already have a little over 20K points towards the CP this year due to business travel. If I were to just barrel ahead and get the 80k SUB right now, I would be at 105K and just a stone's throw from the CP with a little more spend. Of course, I'd only have the CP for the remaining two months of 2019 and then 2020. I do have some travel coming up the end of this year and the beginning of next that I could use it on though.

If I wait and complete spend in January, the requirement will have gone up to 125k by then, and I'll only be able to get it by getting another SW card, which I don't really want or need other than to get the CP. I would of course have the CP an extra year this way. But I could also just work on getting it again in 2021 if I still want it.

I'm leaning towards barreling ahead right now. Thoughts?

Keep your eyes open for Just for you offers. I am locked out of Chase until mid 2020, but recently got a CIU (50000 points) by using one of these offers that bypassed 5/24. It was completely unexpected. One day it was just there.
you find these on acct page? like on computer?

You can lower CA limit via SM. I believe the lowest you can go on the CIP is $100. You can ask for $0, and the rep should reply what’s the lowest they can go and ask if that’s ok. With a lower limit, if you try to make a payment over that limit that codes as a CA, the payment will be declined.
thank you . going to do it for him right now.

Check your Chase Offers!

Lowe's

10% back
Expires 11/22/2019

Earn 10% back on your Lowe's purchase, with a $13.00 back maximum! (Maximize by spending $130.)

The Disney Gift Cards Deals thread is also reporting a better 15% back offer with a $20 maximum.
Thanks for this! I just checked last night but now have the 15% on 2 cards. Plus I have the 35% Olive Garden on a couple cards (already had it in one, but now see more) I’m not a huge OG fan but my mom likes it, so I’ll take her out a couple times when DH won’t be home for dinner.
Need help with some CP strategery here. I was able to get in on the 80k SW Performance. I applied last Friday, was approved on Tuesday, IM'd to have the card expedited, got it yesterday. All set! The thing is, I already have a little over 20K points towards the CP this year due to business travel. If I were to just barrel ahead and get the 80k SUB right now, I would be at 105K and just a stone's throw from the CP with a little more spend. Of course, I'd only have the CP for the remaining two months of 2019 and then 2020. I do have some travel coming up the end of this year and the beginning of next that I could use it on though.

If I wait and complete spend in January, the requirement will have gone up to 125k by then, and I'll only be able to get it by getting another SW card, which I don't really want or need other than to get the CP. I would of course have the CP an extra year this way. But I could also just work on getting it again in 2021 if I still want it.

Even before the increased requirement for CP was announced, I figured I would get use out of a CP now and early 2020 so went ahead and got the Performance Biz and Premier Biz. I have hesitated before and lost out when things changed so I figured the bird in the hand thing applied to me here.
Ultimately everyone needs to weigh their own risks/benefits and make the best decision for themselves. I’ll just say it’s not too crazy to go for it now.

ETA sorry about all my double quotes...ever since the new boards started this happens unless I delete old posts before posting again....
IDK..... I might go ahead and grab it now...and start using asap..... bird in the hand? I might be impulsive tho :rotfl2:

Even before the increased requirement for CP was announced, I figured I would get use out of a CP now and early 2020 so went ahead and got the Performance Biz and Premier Biz. I have hesitated before and lost out when things changed so I figured the bird in the hand thing applied to me here.
Ultimately everyone needs to weigh their own risks/benefits and make the best decision for themselves. I’ll just say it’s not too crazy to go for it now.

You and I are thinking much alike, which is why I'm leaning that way. Thanks!

IDK..... I might go ahead and grab it now...and start using asap..... bird in the hand? I might be impulsive tho :rotfl2:

Ha, I'm impulsive too which is another reason to go for it now :D

@ten6mom - loving the new Memoji avatar!

Thanks! I played around with it a bit and my younger son originally complained that I had "no hair" (trust me, I most definitely do have hair) so I went and edited it a bit. He is much happier with it now!

I got mine mid December last year, and I'm hoping for the triple dip. We shall see :)

Ahhh my timing is going to be all off. I think the next card for me (I gotta wait another 8 days to apply, and in the meantime I unexpectedly hit my MSR on this Hilton Biz so I am "wasting" spend... ugh) will be a CIP, which means the Aspire isn't in my future until probably February, unfortunately. BUT with my only travel goal right now being Japan, I can't complain, really.

Gems such as:
Boarding would be so much faster if they boarded from the back and exited from the front
They should line the people waiting to board up in the jetway while still waiting for people to finish deplaning
SW needs to get with the (expletive) program and assign seat numbers
On a flight back from SMF earlier this year, boarding went from the back and from the front. It was awesome! Dh and I walked outside, down steps, and up the movable stairs into the back of the plane. We were able to walk up to the really good exit row seats before anyone else got there. And we were like A59 and 60 lol
Check your Chase Offers!

Lowe's

10% back
Expires 11/22/2019

Earn 10% back on your Lowe's purchase, with a $13.00 back maximum! (Maximize by spending $130.)

The Disney Gift Cards Deals thread is also reporting a better 15% back offer with a $20 maximum.
10% on my CSR and 15% on my CF :woohoo:Time to check dh's CF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter