I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a week. Enough of this "I'll pay you Tuesday," "the check's in the mail" BS. Dispute the transaction and force a chargeback. You're sleeping on your time-limited rights otherwise.

P.S. I see you ordered the saddle on 8/27. Generally, you have 60 days to dispute a charge and that's coming up on Saturday, 10/26/19. Get on it!

Thanks!! Good point, didn't think about that for the original time I purchased it, I was just thinking of when I told her to issue the refund!!

I asked a question on the MS thread on Reddit the other day, but no answers yet, so drawing attention to it here. I’m wondering if any particular banks have any issues with receiving lots of Serve deposits. My Reddit question was more specific though. Maybe @Albort or @speedyfishy know. Just want to make sure I stay on good terms with my bank. :rolleyes1

I asked a question on the MS thread on Reddit the other day, but no answers yet, so drawing attention to it here. I’m wondering if any particular banks have any issues with receiving lots of Serve deposits. My Reddit question was more specific though. Maybe @Albort or @speedyfishy know. Just want to make sure I stay on good terms with my bank. :rolleyes1

General advice is don't deposit MOs where you primarily bank. Use a bank you don't mind burning. Better yet, open an account at such a bank that's offering a new account bonus.

I just responded. I’m not much help though. I have been using discover without any issues

This why we are with Xfinity. We've had some of the others. It's less expensive for what we actually want. Our bill for net and basic is $125 a month. We wouldn't use the premium channels anyway, but streaming and a higher speed internet is important to DD. Your mother should call and see what they'll offer to keep her.
Edit to add: we could have a much cheaper internet from Xfinity but we choose the more expensive option. If DD moves out I'll go back to $29.99 internet, lol, but I won't like it.
I think you were referring to me. My mom has called, then had her bill go up or have them tell her she needs to upgrade equipment before she can have any new offers. All BS. I have gone in to the Xfinity store and had them tell me what my mom was told on the phone was wrong. My mom actually switched to Xfinity from AT&T when they were hawking at Walmart. I repeatedly told her not to change her phone because she had an old landline and Xfinity has VoIP which doesn’t work when there is no power. My mom is on oxygen and if she needs to call 911 when the power or internet is out, she is now screwed, thanks to Comcast sales people telling her otherwise.

My step monster in law would disagree with you, Clear is the best kept secret ever. Uh, okay lady. :rotfl:

I'm confused about who this is? Don't you and Zack live with his parents? That would be your Mother and Father in law. Is your father on a second marriage? That would be your stepmother but not an in law. Are Zack's Mother and Father remarried to other people? That would settle the confusion. Sorry, I sometimes get hung up on figuring out relationships.

I'm confused about who this is? Don't you and Zack live with his parents? That would be your Mother and Father in law. Is your father on a second marriage? That would be your stepmother but not an in law. Are Zack's Mother and Father remarried to other people? That would settle the confusion. Sorry, I sometimes get hung up on figuring out relationships.
I came to work too early today! Step monster. Second marriage for my dad.

Not sure if this was answered. Amex has made the airline incidental credit much more difficult to use. DPs of what works to trigger the credit can be found here or on FlyerTalk. Yes, you'll need to select an airline first, but it's easier to use up the credit on some airlines than others, so what works and what doesn't may influence which airline to select. It's always a good idea to check with us through reddit or the latest DPs on FT before selecting an airline or making a purchase in hopes of getting reimbursed by the credit. As a practical matter, the best time to apply for the Aspire (or any Amex card with the airline fee credit like the Platinums and Gold) is considered to be in the latter half of November through about mid-December; since the credit is a calendar year benefit, it's possible to use it in 2019, 2020, and again in 2021 before you're billed a second year AF.

I got mine mid December last year, and I'm hoping for the triple dip. We shall see :)

I think you were referring to me. My mom has called, then had her bill go up or have them tell her she needs to upgrade equipment before she can have any new offers. All BS. I have gone in to the Xfinity store and had them tell me what my mom was told on the phone was wrong. My mom actually switched to Xfinity from AT&T when they were hawking at Walmart. I repeatedly told her not to change her phone because she had an old landline and Xfinity has VoIP which doesn’t work when there is no power. My mom is on oxygen and if she needs to call 911 when the power or internet is out, she is now screwed, thanks to Comcast sales people telling her otherwise.

I was, and meant to tag you. Sounds like your mother needs someone to act for her with Xfinity. We call them at least once a year to keep our bill reasonable or as soon as the time period is up, they jump the price up. Other carriers do the same thing with introductory offers. Verizon likes to sign you up for 24 months with an introductory 12 month offer.

Have you considered a backup battery pack to power her internet and VoIP? You should be able to get one that will last up to 8 hours. I'm taking away from this that your mother doesn't use a cellphone?

My understanding for years is even if you don't have a landline they still have to let you dial 911 when plugged in with a reg phone. Granted I've never tried it but always had a phone that I can plug into a jack if needed.

Okay, it's happened. I've misplaced 2 Happy Guy gift cards. I had 3 on Tuesday and took one off the hanger card and used it at Home Depot to buy 2 of the $50 Disney cards.

Last night I started counting my Disney card stash - I've been collecting all year to pay my DVC dues, and for spending money on my next two Disney trips. I've got enough for both dues and trips with some to spare, plus too many visa and mc gift cards, so quantity is not the problem. I 'found' $700 extra in Disney cards that I'd forgotten. These weren't misplaced, they were in a safe place with the others, but since I haven't rifled through my contents recently, I'd sort of lost track of that count.

So, two Happy Guys are in my house somewhere. Hiding. Probably in plain sight. I was going by HD later and was going to change them into Disney cards.

What are the fees like with Instacart? I think my Costco participates but I have the Amex offer so that is a no-go there. I need to look at who else I can use it with.
I thought the fees plus the offer were quite nice..my shopper left her receipt in the box so I could see actual in store prices which was lower than on the site..... I chose Aldi- iauto delivery fee of 3.99,driver tip of 2.66 (it chose this) so I spent $55-$60 total and tirggered the $25 off.... it worked well b/c I didn't want to go to store yesterday, but I wouldn't do it all the time b/c well,I'm too cheap.And driving there usually isn't a problem for me since it's close. I'll probably do it again just to use the offer...so example is the potatoes I was charged 3.99 for actually cost 2.99.... so without the offer it's not a great deal.

So I'm trying to plan ahead on my last attempt of the triple dip on the Aspire airline credits. I'm trying to decide which method I want to try gambling on. My current selected airline is Delta. I wish I for certain had a flight planned w/ delta sooner than later. As I would try that method. The AA work around looks interesting. I love me some AA miles, and would be game to try, but I don't want to get stuck if it doesn't work. I guess I could try a small amount and see if it posts.

If I can't squeak out the last $250, I did still get a lot out of the card for the $450 AF. But I will be canceling this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter