I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be in Oslo for 2 days in June with my dd. Would love to hear your thoughts / recommendations about things to do / see. I booked the Amerikalinjen with URs.

We really enjoyed the Amerikalinjen. They have a great breakfast that is included with the room.

I wrote about Oslo on my blog, and I posted it on reddit so you can find the link there (on the introduce yourself page), but let me know if you want me to send you a link.

It's a fun city to spend time in, super easy to get around by walking or metro, and there's lots to see. I don't have good food recommendations in general, but Union Kitchen made yummy oat milk lattes and they sell good sandwiches there and also skoolbread (plus lots of other pastries).

Any suggestions for saks to use the Amex plat credit? I wanted to get DD some uggs but they don’t a pair I like for her. Need to use the credit so I can close the card.

I’ve been looking this week too. Not sure what I’m looking at would be helpful or not. I have 2 $50 gc’s from previous plat credits plus the current one, so I’m working with$150. I was considering cashmere lined gloves for driving this winter, or a Tumi hanging toiletry bag.

Ok trying to find out what we should do in Vegas next week. It will be just DH and I no kids this trip. I’ve never been and I don’t think DH has either.

-what’s your favorite restaurant/s
-what’s your favorite show/s
-anything else that’s a must do

Eatily for food (inside what used to be Monte Carlo now it’s some MGM).

Ka by cirque at MGM Grand. Hands down the best show I’ve ever seen.

We really enjoyed the Amerikalinjen. They have a great breakfast that is included with the room.

I wrote about Oslo on my blog, and I posted it on reddit so you can find the link there (on the introduce yourself page), but let me know if you want me to send you a link.

It's a fun city to spend time in, super easy to get around by walking or metro, and there's lots to see. I don't have good food recommendations in general, but Union Kitchen made yummy oat milk lattes and they sell good sandwiches there and also skoolbread (plus lots of other pastries).
Would you be able to send me the link -- I'd love to read your blog? I just checked dischurners and I couldn't find the 'introduce yourself' page.

I know upgraded MBs have been a big issue. There are a TON showing in the customization page right now. Not sure if you can actually successfully order them, but it may be worth a shot. Nice variety right now!
I don't even like MBs but the Jack Skellington one is tempting me. Also showing the Pre Arrival Castle band but I'm not sure they could make one that I'd part with $20 for. What color are the pucks in the design ones? They don't show the tops. Is it something that matches the scene or just grey?

Would you be able to send me the link -- I'd love to read your blog? I just checked dischurners and I couldn't find the 'introduce yourself' page.
As part of the feedback to simplify DISchurners main page, the intro yourself post was removed (due to too much clutter). We aren’t going to have that anymore BUT you can still see that post here if you’d like to read it:

Thanks all for the suggestions.

DH has work during the day so I’ll be on my own. I’m open to anything really. We are staying at Marriott grand chateau. DH will have a car I think but I’ll be walking till he’s off. Figure we will eat dinner someplace different each night. Not a big fan of buffet since I have food allergies.

Yes. Up 170 points from PSAT (thanks to UWorld) and should be good enough to get her into her 1st choice:) she just got them at 6 pm.
Congratulations! What is her top school? Dd is still unsure, but it seems a few Canadian schools are at the top of her list, followed by BU, CW and GW.

Congratulations! What is her top school? Dd is still unsure, but it seems a few Canadian schools are at the top of her list, followed by BU, CW and GW.
Thanks! UVA—and it’s only an hour from home:) and happens to be where I went as did her step-mom.

Sounds like your dd has a great list! This is an exciting time:)

As part of the feedback to simplify DISchurners main page, the intro yourself post was removed (due to too much clutter). We aren’t going to have that anymore BUT you can still see that post here if you’d like to read it:

I didn't realize it was gone. Thanks for the link. I just finished catching up (there were a couple I didn't see before). I do think it's a nice addition to the group info, although I understand it's not really about churning.

i'm thinking about looking for the platicorn. can someone give me advise on how to recover that annual fee? i think the airline misc does not work as a gift card anymore?

I don't even like MBs but the Jack Skellington one is tempting me. Also showing the Pre Arrival Castle band but I'm not sure they could make one that I'd part with $20 for. What color are the pucks in the design ones? They don't show the tops. Is it something that matches the scene or just grey?
Disney has been tricky, it really depends on the design. Not many have alternating colors, but there are some out there. I usually Google them or check http://www.magicbandcollectors.com. I haven't seen the front of the pre-arrival castle band, but I am guessing its the same. Pretty sure Jack Skellington has a black puck.

Ok trying to find out what we should do in Vegas next week. It will be just DH and I no kids this trip. I’ve never been and I don’t think DH has either.

-what’s your favorite restaurant/s
-what’s your favorite show/s
-anything else that’s a must do
Are you going to have transportation? There are a lot of things to do off-strip if you have a car.

Strip:
- Bellagio Conservatory (IMO the only can't miss here in Vegas. We are locals and it's one of the only things that me and SO go to the strip for every so often to check out... and it's FREE)
- Bacchanal (best buffet)
- Absinthe (best raunchy show + affordable)
- LOVE (if you like The Beatles)
- Le' Reve (great show but expensive)
- O (another great show but also very expensive)

Off Strip:
- Neon Boneyard if you like Vegas history
- Hoover Dam
- Outlet malls
- Fremont street (not for everybody. It's a bit sketchy but a lot of people like it for affordable gambling and bars etc.)
- Red Rock (if you like nature)

Feel free to ask if you have been looking at something specific. I've mostly done and seen it all already and I can tell you if it's worth it or not. There is SO much to do here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter