I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more post on my trip then I swear, I'll zip my lips about travel until March!šŸ¤

I flew from DUB for a couple of reasons:
1) found super cheap biz seat- 37.5K after 40% MR bonus
2) DUB has US border preclearance. What is this? You essentially clear immigration prior to your flight so upon arrival, instead of clearing immigration and then reclaiming luggage and then rechecking it, you're free to just get to your next flight or finish travel. It's also found in Shannon (Ireland), some airports in Canada as well as in Bermuda, a couple in the Bahamas and Abu Dhabi. It just makes the hassle prior to flying vice after. Having GE makes it much faster although you do have to remember that you'll go through security screening again so don't buy large quantities of alcohol in the main terminal, lol.

After you're in the "US" there is only one Lounge- 51st and Green-which serves essentially all business class passengers. Lucky did a review so if you're interested, here it is:

https://onemileatatime.com/us-pre-clearance-lounge-dublin-review/
I was there for lunch so there was a soup, two types of chili (veg and meat) and some salads. The vegetarian chili was quite good, as was the wheat bread with delicious Irish butter (better than the French butter, imho). I had several mini cans of diet coke and was able to rest, recharge (literally and figuratively) and spend time in a quiet environment prior to my flight. It's not a fancy lounge and no made to order guacamole station (which is now how I set the bar, lol) but quite good for my needs.

If you're thinking of returning to the US from Europe, then Dublin is a reasonable choice.

Did you guys see the article on Doctor of Credit...saying SW is raising the number of points required for the CP to 125,000 starting 1/1/20

Also says points will no longer expire
I saw that this morning too.

Plastiq question, I have a couple of bills I need to pay today. Can I pay with DH card from my account, or willI I have to set up an account for him?

Thank you! It looks like a beautiful and fun hobby? (Job?). Iā€™ve never even ridden a horse!

Thank you! It's a hobby for us, though honestly it's more like a lifestyle. Can't really just call it quits one day when you have a living, breathing animal you have to continue caring for lol. For many, it is a job though. Our horse trainer is a full-time professional who makes his living from training and showing horses. There are numerous areas within the horse industry for full time professionals with jobs you'd never think of, like saddle making, cowboy hat making, and horse grooming :)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sout...ement-to-125000-points-other-smaller-changes/
So just getting the 80k Performance Biz offer doesn't make CP a slam dunk now since the change to 125k is effective 2020. If you got the 80k offer, you'd need at least the 40k personal + extra spend to make it since I assume most aren't doing all 6k of the MSR in January.

You could still try for the all Biz route, or hope 50k offers are available on a personal (afaik the old inflight links were still working).

What's huge for us is the points not expiring. This is great for when we cancel the CCs.

Makes me wonder how much retention Chase is going to have now since I'm sure there were a bunch of cardholders just keeping it for that.

Also, they made changes for AListers, which I believe we have some here. Looks like for same day standby you'll be on the hook for taxes or fees for the new flight.

No Cricut but I run Lasers, 3D printer and CNC machines. DW had the original Cricut but now uses a Silhouette. I run a Glowforge Laser, CNC machine, as well as 3D printers and all sorts of stuff. Turning DD in to a maker, we're working on robot arms right now actually! She has a five day weekend so I printed up a bunch of parts and we're going to try to make a gripper arm this weekend. Made this on the laser for DW, its out of acrylic and is about 11" tall.

View attachment 444693

I teach engineering and architecture, you're speaking my language, LOL. I have 5 3D printers (Strasys is the work horse 2 Formlabs and a few others), 2 Universal Lasers (that are 18x33 beds) and a CamMaster CNC I've yet to unbox.

Have you done the acrylic "night lights" on your laser? Those are fun!

Have him check out Inventables, a small company out of Chicago that has hobby CNC machines at a really decent price! I have the 1000x1000 model but have done a lot of upgrades to it. I have to admit once I got the Glowforge Laser I don't use the CNC as much. Its just so easy to toss a board it and go. Here is something I made DD's teacher... Solid walnut, OMG it smelled SOOO good!

View attachment 444697

I have the Carvey from Inventables, my colleague has the X-carve. They are both great machines!

One more post on my trip then I swear, I'll zip my lips about travel until March!šŸ¤

I flew from DUB for a couple of reasons:
1) found super cheap biz seat- 37.5K after 40% MR bonus
2) DUB has US border preclearance. What is this? You essentially clear immigration prior to your flight so upon arrival, instead of clearing immigration and then reclaiming luggage and then rechecking it, you're free to just get to your next flight or finish travel. It's also found in Shannon (Ireland), some airports in Canada as well as in Bermuda, a couple in the Bahamas and Abu Dhabi. It just makes the hassle prior to flying vice after. Having GE makes it much faster although you do have to remember that you'll go through security screening again so don't buy large quantities of alcohol in the main terminal, lol.

After you're in the "US" there is only one Lounge- 51st and Green-which serves essentially all business class passengers. Lucky did a review so if you're interested, here it is:

https://onemileatatime.com/us-pre-clearance-lounge-dublin-review/
I was there for lunch so there was a soup, two types of chili (veg and meat) and some salads. The vegetarian chili was quite good, as was the wheat bread with delicious Irish butter (better than the French butter, imho). I had several mini cans of diet coke and was able to rest, recharge (literally and figuratively) and spend time in a quiet environment prior to my flight. It's not a fancy lounge and no made to order guacamole station (which is now how I set the bar, lol) but quite good for my needs.

If you're thinking of returning to the US from Europe, then Dublin is a reasonable choice.
Our local airport has very few international flights, but Dublin is one so it is a super popular destination for people around here!

Wow, lots of news this morning. I got the email last night about Plastiq not taking Cap1 anymore. I imagine I might have used DHā€™s Venture on Plastiq over the summer but I donā€™t remember for sure. This new deal on Plastiq doesnā€™t seem that great, so I donā€™t know whether to use it or not.

Too bad about SW raising CP RR requirement. No expiration is nice though. Hopefully I can find a reason to get to Staples next week for the gc deal. Itā€™s amazing how quickly URs build up with the CIC on these deals. Iā€™ve ramped up with the Serve enough Iā€™m gonna have to actually keep in mind my monthly limit now and maybe activate my second card. We used to have a Staples just 15-20 minutes from where I live but it closed down a few years ago. Now itā€™s a 45 minutes drive to the nearest one in Columbus. But I need to shop for DDā€™s basketball season gear anyway, so maybe weā€™ll make a trip.

Whats the blend if you dont mind sharing? I do YL EOs and would love a blend that works!

those are amazing!!! OMG I love the Wall-e one! That is PlanePrincess favorite movie!

YL only here too (I "sell" it, LOL).
2oz water
1oz vodka
10 drops purification
7 drop tea tree
7 drops lemongrass
5 drops lavender
5 drops peppermint
5 drop eucalyptus (I pick which ever I have as there are a few)
5 drops lemon
10 drops citronella

So all the crafting (Cricut, etc) posts have me wondering (I am NOT a crafty person AT ALL so I don't have anything like that)...

I had a t shirt that I love, (it's an Oxford Comma shirt that my mom ordered for me some time ago), but the shirt itself wasn't very good quality. I have a neighbor who "makes" t shirts (not sure what machine/device she uses) and she said she could duplicate the words and the design on the front, but it's not screen printing (obviously), so I notice that while the shirt itself is a stretchy material, whatever she used to actually make the design out of does NOT stretch, thereby making a sort of weird fit.

Is this just how it is with that type of machine? Can the experts here chime in?

You can buy "flexible" vinyl if you want it to be stretchy. I get my stuff from USCutter. I'd look there.

So I wake up to the news that CP requirements have been increased; call the chase status line, and find out I was approved for the 80k business card. If I get a personal card in January, I should still be able to hit 125, I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter