I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
I'm gonna go with yes. Absolutely! Flights can be very enjoyable!

Yup! But pictures are worth 1,000 words. Here are some of my fun flights with short descriptions:

Had fun on this flight to Singapore. The Krug champagne was amazing!

View attachment 443777

Had fun on this flight to China

View attachment 443778

I liked being able to go from double bed to reclining chair and remote controlled swivel flat screen TV.

View attachment 443791

While this flight to Dubai didn't have the double bed thing going on, it was blinged out to the nines and still offered a fully lie flat seat.

View attachment 443786

They made up for not having a double bed option by installing a freaking shower on the plane!

View attachment 443780

Which of course I had fun trying out and even brought a rubber ducky to the party.

View attachment 443779

After the nice shower, I had fun ordering a cocktail at the bar ON the plane. Who puts a shower and a bar on a plane? Emirates does. That flight was fun.

View attachment 443781
OMG, amazing, thank you for sharing the pics because no one would believe me. So stinking impressive. Serious talent!!!

OMG, amazing, thank you for sharing the pics because no one would believe me. So stinking impressive. Serious talent!!!

Happy to oblige. No one quite appreciates the absurdity of what I will do with enough points and miles better than fellow travel hackers and churners. Thank you for the nice compliments :-)

IDK if it is allowed, but I saw a couple flying a brand new puppy home from MCO last year. They were in the lounge before I got in and after I left. The puppy was adorable and basically slept the whole time. No one said anything.
Thanks. It may be worth a shot:) They are puppies and super cute and obviously will be in sherpa bags.

Awesome this would be perfect for my youngest DGD. Oh no, I just checked the link and it was in Detroit today :( shoot!!!!! She would have loved this.

So happy for you! It's so nice when the universe goes along with your plans.

My DGD is 2 and I know she would love it too. There's a show Tuesday but it would be an hour and 45 min each way. She's a good traveler but that seems almost kind of mean. Plus I doubt my DD would want to go since shes's breast feeding and hasn't left the baby for more than a Dr's appt yet, and I don't love driving at night. I will register though, so hopefully next year :( . Would love to know if you have any other recommendations.

I also checked the dates and there are shows only up to mid November, and all in the mid to western part of the country. Hopefully it will come through next year. Both grandchildren would love it. When we were at the beach in July, youngest grand went with me to CVS to pick up sand toys and bubbles and we spotted little beach chairs. She decisively said she wanted the Peppa Pig one. This left me searching for a second one as there was only one in that design left. Eventually found it when we got home.

Last edited:

1104 is a studio and actually one room closer to the ocean. Request 904, 1004, 1104, 1204, 1304 or 1404. You will have a good shot at getting one of those I would think or one a little further down the hall. I wouldn't request lower than 904 though. Good luck!

Thank you!

Awesome this would be perfect for my youngest DGD. Oh no, I just checked the link and it was in Detroit today :( shoot!!!!! She would have loved this.

So happy for you! It's so nice when the universe goes along with your plans.

My DGD is 2 and I know she would love it too. There's a show Tuesday but it would be an hour and 45 min each way. She's a good traveler but that seems almost kind of mean. Plus I doubt my DD would want to go since shes's breast feeding and hasn't left the baby for more than a Dr's appt yet, and I don't love driving at night. I will register though, so hopefully next year :( . Would love to know if you have any other recommendations.
Peppa is all I have done with her. We have APs so we skip the disney shows that come to town and go do the real thing instead. Last year, Peppa came to Chattanooga, not Nashville, so we went for the day, and she was just 2. The drive is about the same as what you described. No harm in just waiting til next year though.

They are definitely looking At the photos. A few times the light didn’t turn green for me at first and they looked at the previous picture. Now two sisters or two brothers could probably pass but male to female or ivery different facial features (ie DS has a beard) probably would get flagged and not allowed.
aha.....thank you for the info! good to know..... is it like a costco photo id,where it's grainy and B&W,or does it actually look like you?

Ok fine Europe experts here....I have some questions.... (this isn't my trip)
So flying BA into London (fare was $1 with $289 fees :rotfl2:) and looking to save $$$ on the actual trip.
Fam of 5 (3 kids 11,7,4) starting to build UR stash, using plan popular over on the Reddit thread.....Trip length- 3 weeks,4 days. Trip date is July 2020.
Have no AF sapphire,plan to PC to CSR this month to double dip TC. Also as noted, currently building UR but not much else.
plan is to travel between cities using the rail system,etc.
Can air bnb gc be purchased to cut cost of housing while there?
Looking to rent that type of housing,probably 2-3 different city areas(London,Paris,etc)
If some hotel rooms are booked,and they're 5, are they 'normal sized' hotel rooms like most of America,with 2 double beds for the whole fam to fit in?
The plan is to see the sites and chill with the kids while soaking it all in,so the main cost concern at this point is hotels/homes.
What are any and all cc options to further cut some costs? what cc is best to have and use while in Europe?
2 player family- I think they're both at about 2/24,maybe one of them is at 3.(they need to cool it with chase for the next 3 months also) but they own a biz,and their expenses are an easy MSR... great credit scores etc of course. thanks for any insights! I've never done a Europe trip,so I'm learning for myself too! (gonna happen someday)

Yes, I quickly figured that out. No rental car, only 2 hotels. Since I have CP now, maybe we could squeeze in a trip to Northern California later next year bit for now, I’m focused on spring break in NOLA, then DLR/USH.
Yes, we are only going because we will be in San Francisco.. otherwise we’d focus like you are.

I'm right there with you. I'm starting to plan meals now and 1-2 ADRs seems about perfect for my crew. From what I've read, I think Cafe Orleans and a gluten free Monte Cristo is a must.

My biggest hold up is the boy who's diet currently consists of taquitos, mini tacos, Amy's frozen enchiladas and Chipotle. This kid may just starve.
Jolly Holiday Bakery is hands down my fave place to eat there. Sooooo many choices in there! We also loved Award Weiners over in California Adventure- it sounds strange but a great stop for a gf lunch (they make the best fries/chips!) (I'd better not get in trouble for posting the name of that place here....:rotfl: But I tend to prefer qs anyway.... That monte Cristo however..... I think I had lunch there 10 years ago and it was memorable and wonderful.

Looking to rent that type of housing,probably 2-3 different city areas(London,Paris,etc)
If some hotel rooms are booked,and they're 5, are they 'normal sized' hotel rooms like most of America,with 2 double beds for the whole fam to fit in?

Two quick notes - (1) Chase offers frequently have AirBnB discounts, so that's another possibility. Also, one can split AirBnB payments into two parts, and take advantage of two different Chase offers on different cards if they are hitting the $-off cap on each offer.

(2) It can be very difficult to find a hotel in the UK and France that will allow 5 people in a room. They are much stricter over there with capacity limits.

Ok fine Europe experts here....I have some questions.... (this isn't my trip)
So flying BA into London (fare was $1 with $289 fees :rotfl2:) and looking to save $$$ on the actual trip.
Fam of 5 (3 kids 11,7,4) starting to build UR stash, using plan popular over on the Reddit thread.....Trip length- 3 weeks,4 days. Trip date is July 2020.
Have no AF sapphire,plan to PC to CSR this month to double dip TC. Also as noted, currently building UR but not much else.
plan is to travel between cities using the rail system,etc.
The plan is to see the sites and chill with the kids while soaking it all in,so the main cost concern at this point is hotels/homes.
What are any and all cc options to further cut some costs? what cc is best to have and use while in Europe?
2 player family- I think they're both at about 2/24,maybe one of them is at 3.(they need to cool it with chase for the next 3 months also) but they own a biz,and their expenses are an easy MSR... great credit scores etc of course. thanks for any insights! I've never done a Europe trip,so I'm learning for myself too! (gonna happen someday)

I can’t answer all of your questions but I’m flying back from London/Paris/Dublin after 2 weeks and here are some thoughts:

1) air bnbs or small hotels with “family rooms” will be more accommodating than hotels. Any number other than 2 is hard to find for hotels, although some American brands like Marriott might have some larger rooms.
Our room at the Hilton Paris Opera was very small and a tight fit for 2 , so air bnbs will likely be best.

2) UR earning cards will likely be their best bets so CSR/CIPs with their generous interpretation of travel, no foreign transaction fees, and 3x food as well as travel on the CSR.

3) I have a no fee Barclay arrival just for chip and PIN which was very helpful at the underground station and all the McDonald’s I patronized. A chip and PIN isn’t necessary but if they can get one, it just saves a bit of time/confusion in a couple of specific places.

The three cards I travelled with this trip were -CSR (hotels), Amex (rose) gold (dining) and Barclay (for chip and PIN places as above).

HTH!

Applied for Citi AA biz card on 10/6.... one week later (7 days) it is still under review... grrrr... is this common? Really hoping we get approved for this one (P2 has credit score in the mid 700s and is 4/24 for personal cards...)

I was approved within a week.

My husband though was a bigger ordeal. After about 10 days pending he got a letter in the mail needing more verification. I called the number and they needed address verification. When they started reading off the complicated listed of tax papers, I interrupted and told them, this was a new small business that I was just starting out of my home and I would have none of that. My rep read further down the list and said a utilities bill would work if it was in the business name. I said well I (husband) work out of the home and the electric is in my name would that work and she said yes. I emailed it in about 10 minutes after I got off the phone with her.
It took 3 more weeks of me checking the approval line, before it finally showed approved. I was going to call in again, but I had trouble finding the number at first, then I just forgot for awhile. The same day that the approval showed online my husband got a call from Citi verifying that he did apply for the card because of "lots of credit card activity they saw." I don't know exactly what they asked him because I was at work, and he's not a big fan of the game so he was more annoyed that they called and I'm sure he's paraphrasing what he assumes they were asking. This was on Friday, so we have not gotten the card yet. My P2 has only had 2 new cards (1 biz, 1 personal) this year so not sure what "all the CC activity is." I have had way more cards then him and I got approved right away.

So to answer your question, Citi is not really clear on what they decide to approve right away and what they will drag out. Sorry there isn't a clearer answer.

So our school district isn't starting school before Labor Day next year meaning next summer will be normal length but the following summer we will have a shorter break before DD starts college. So I'm thinking of moving her spring break trip to April 2021 instead of Summer 2021. I'm thinking 5 nights in London, three in Paris. Probably round trip out of Dulles (IAD to London, Paris to IAD). I currently have:
  • 70,000 AA Miles
  • 180,000 UR points (hopefully another 105k in the next few months)
  • 100,000 MR points
  • About 300,000 Marriott points
Anyone want to help me think through this? I'm thinking I'll do my 5 nights in London on Marriott points since I'll have a 50K points certificate to use and I'll get my 5th night free.

I looked at using AA miles (obviously I'd need more for round trip multi-city tickets) but the taxes are crazy high ($550/ticket???). So I'm looking at UR points which I'm figuring will be about 140K UR points. Is there a better option I'm missing.

Finally I'm thinking I can use UR or MR points for three nights Paris. Marriott points would also be an option but I don't want to limit myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!