I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I was afraid to ride the skyliner before tonight's awful news. :sad2:

I am a Reese’s gal all the way!!!

I liked them when I was younger, but not anymore. The Trader Joe's version is a-mazing though, and so much better (both the chocolate part and the peanut butter) than the original. Seriously, I can't even have them in the house because they are that good, and I have a bunch of friends who have the same "problem." :rotfl:

I'm curious what you liked about the Cap One Venture card. We don't have any Cap One cards, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

I got it when I was barely starting using cards for travel (not just the long time Delta Platinums and Disney). I liked it because it was 2% on all purchases and it was a Visa. I spend a lot at Costco. If I am not working on a sign up bonus for a Visa or using the gift cards I have gotten with my CIC on a fee free deal I don’t have many options other than my FU; so Venture would be a great option. It was way flexible on the “purchase eraser” function. I once even “erased” the cost of a rental home. They also have a user friendly web site and app and I always had good luck with their customer service reps.

I don’t really want to burn a personal spot right now for DH; but if I could get a 70k offer again I would go for it (even with the higher AF it has now).

Just texted my Disney loving friend and her sister is at Disney! She was on the skyliner earlier so shes trying to see where she is now. Truly crazy!

Yes to Columbus! I’ll be there in two weeks. The zoo is excellent, and DH proposed to me after a day there :love: If you’re going downtown and like German food, don’t miss Schmidt’s. DH and I also like Melt, which has some locations outside of downtown I know, but not sure how convenient they are to where you’re staying. Really wild/huge sandwiches. Our favorite is The Dude Abides which has mozzarella sticks on the sandwich. The Thurman Cafe looks like a dive but is an awesome burger joint with huge burgers. it’s been featured on food network multiple times.

And whatever you do, DO NOT miss Jeni’s ice cream!! Maybe you already have them in your area since you’re only 3 hours away, but the ice cream is incredible.

I regret every Amex that I haven’t been able to get because Amex won’t let me out of pop up hell :rotfl:

Thank you for the food suggestions! I don’t think we’ll be lacking places to eat next weekend. I’m excited!!

Awww, that sounds like such a sweet proposal 😍

This was one of my first thoughts about the Skyliner. How will they evacuate everyone when there is a problem. I can't even imagine being stuck on that and evacuating that way with all my kids :eek:

When I was little my parents would take me on the gondolas at Disneyland and even that scared me. I always worried what would happen if it got stuck. So I can't even express how unexcited I've been about the whole thing (and that's not even including my thoughts on how they have wrecked my nice, quiet, uncrowded Epcot International Gateway).

Yeah, the kits have glow sticks, notepads, water bottles, vomit bags, and instant ice packs. Located under the bench!
This person claims there is one other item. Waste disposal bag. Yes, for that type of waste. Rather important if this 3.5 hour full evac estimate is accurate...
Admittedly I haven’t scanned Twitter so they could be making it up. But at 3.5 hours I have no doubt someone on those gondolas ain’t gonna be able to hold it :(

ETA: it started moving very slowly after 3 hours. 3.5 for a full evac sounds overly generous.

Last edited:
I also saw some are reporting people are being taken away on stretchers. They were guessing heat/anxiety?!
That’s my guess. Weather channel says orlando humidity is 79% and it’s currently 77. With all the older people and young kids or even babies in there... I’d never want to go to Disney again.

I’m gonna be honest, at first mention of this accident tonight I was like “oh boy all of these people on the DIS are gonna be like ‘I’m not riding that thing’” and now uhhhh I might be one of those people.

The idea of potentially having to relieve myself in front of strangers during a 2+ hour delay is not something I want to have a .0001% chance of doing on my “magical” vacation.

And my goodness - what if this had occurred at 2pm on a 95 degree day...

Perhaps a reason will become clear with an investigation but I’m not sure about riding this one now... (based on our preferred resorts I would’ve had to find a reason to ride it vs actually needing it for transport)

That’s my guess. Weather channel says orlando humidity is 79% and it’s currently 77. With all the older people and young kids or even babies in there... I’d never want to go to Disney again.
They are going to have to make this up to those people big time!

Yeah, this definitely doesn't scream magic. It is sad because it is brand new. I am genuinely curious about what happened. I hope it was not neglect or some cost saving on Disney's part that caused this.

Yikes. We rode it to and from lunch on Monday. I didn’t have nausea issues but we weren’t up there for an extended period. I will be interested to see exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!