I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA this makes me laugh, but I do love Reese's! The eggs at Easter are my favorite, then the trees at Christmas. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio is 🔥🔥🔥 Pumpkins and hearts are just ok. I also LOVE the minis that come in a bag and are not individually wrapped (@wendow please don't judge 🤣)
Agreed. Except the minis, don't really care for them. But don't come between me and Reese Eggs lol

Used my Staples Chase offer for some Netflix today (comes in $30 denominations). Top Tip: scratch the backing off. I peeled the backing off one fine and the next one half the code peeled off with the backing. They use letters AND numbers o_O

(If you do peel half the code off with the backing stick it to a surface and scratch the silver off carefully, the rest of the code will show enough to piece it together. It took some desperate guessing at the code before I thought to try this...)

I shouldn't be surprised. It's basically the icing on my churning week...
View attachment 441788

I sort of had one of those days. Sat here and ordered pet food from Target for the kitties as the Chewy order didn't arrive today for some unknown reason and ordered pick up at the wrong Target...had to drive another 6 miles or so through traffic to do the pick up. I used part of the $300 gift card you get for 10% off - I need another one soon. This one is down to about $15.

Since we were in that area, we also ordered Outback for dinner. My order was missing my side of asparagus. Then, I had ordered filet medallions medium. This came on a skewer, dry as dust and so tough. Couldn't eat it. Ate my potato. Called and they took it off the bill - will credit back to the card and gave a $25 voucher for our next visit. I'm not sure I want to try again. We are doing the Marriott dining $30 deal tomorrow, so Outback is not in the rotation any time soon. We just don't go there, and probably won't be back.

In other news I did learn how to 'see' the teeny numbers on the Target Gift cards. Took a picture with my phone and made them bigger! I seriously cannot see that teeny print when I'm using a gift card in the self checkout line at Target, so this will work fine next time I use a card there.

Used my Staples Chase offer for some Netflix today (comes in $30 denominations). Top Tip: scratch the backing off. I peeled the backing off one fine and the next one half the code peeled off with the backing. They use letters AND numbers o_O

(If you do peel half the code off with the backing stick it to a surface and scratch the silver off carefully, the rest of the code will show enough to piece it together. It took some desperate guessing at the code before I thought to try this...)

I shouldn't be surprised. It's basically the icing on my churning week...
View attachment 441788

I've done the same thing! Was freaking out until I thought to Google the solution (which was the same solution as what you came up with).

DH's SPG has an upgrade offer, if I upgrade today will I he get the same card number? We leave for a trip on Friday and will need the new card benefitw for the trip.

@Judique would you mind going over your FNCs and sharing which ones you find have the best value? This is a topic of interest for me and I think you are the FNC queen!

Keeper cards- I’m working on balancing a smart churning strategy with focus on adding keeper cards. Hoping the Amex Gold will be a keeper and definitely my Hilton card is a keeper for us although I hope to upgrade to the Aspire after a year!

In other news I did learn how to 'see' the teeny numbers on the Target Gift cards. Took a picture with my phone and made them bigger! I seriously cannot see that teeny print when I'm using a gift card in the self checkout line at Target, so this will work fine next time I use a card there.
Did you know that with the Target app, you just scan the barcode and the Target gift card gets added to your Wallet? 😉

Tap your name on the lower right corner of the app, scroll down to "Gift Cards" and tap it, tap "+ Add gift card" then a scan the bar code.

To use your funds, tap "Wallet" in the center bottom row of the app and it will bring up a code to be scanned at checkout.

@Judique would you mind going over your FNCs and sharing which ones you find have the best value? This is a topic of interest for me and I think you are the FNC queen!

Keeper cards- I’m working on balancing a smart churning strategy with focus on adding keeper cards. Hoping the Amex Gold will be a keeper and definitely my Hilton card is a keeper for us although I hope to upgrade to the Aspire after a year!
Remember to get the Aspire with a sign up bonus before you upgrade to it so you can bag both bonuses

OFF TOPIC: IDK how many are following the Skyliner... it seems like there have been many delays and issues since opening just under a week ago. Apparently there was an "accident" at the Riviera station and guests have been stuck in cabins for over an hour.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-skyliner-accident.3773008/
Wowza! I’m legit surprised. And what in the world is up with that photo? Did they try to cram as many into the station as possible so they could unload more guests? I know it looks like an accident but I can’t imagine the tech is so bad it would allow that type of accident...

Wowza! I’m legit surprised. And what in the world is up with that photo? Did they try to cram as many into the station as possible so they could unload more guests? I know it looks like an accident but I can’t imagine the tech is so bad it would allow that type of accident...
IDK!? I know the Riviera has the "simplest" station where they don't pull off cabins for accessible guests on a separate line. They manually slow it down which causes the other cabins on the line to basically stop while loading/unloading. I am wondering if it has something to do with that? Kinda sad that the system isn't even a week old and now there is an emergency evacuation with the fire department.

IDK!? I know the Riviera has the "simplest" station where they don't pull off cabins for accessible guests on a separate line. They manually slow it down which causes the other cabins on the line to basically stop while loading/unloading. I am wondering if it has something to do with that? Kinda sad that the system isn't even a week old and now there is an emergency evacuation with the fire department.

View attachment 441806
WOW!

Search “Skyliner” on twitter and click “latest” for lots of pictures and videos.

They are evacuating them one by one it seems cia pics and video.

View attachment 441806
Interesting note from this unfortunate soul- there are Emergency kits with water in each gondola. Filing that away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter