I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! What restaurants did you enjoy most?
Best table service in the parks - Mythos. I had the couscous with chicken souvlaki and really enjoyed it. Amazing ambience.
Best TS outside the parks - Toothsome. That chocolate almond bread!
Best QS - Fish and chips from the Three Broomsticks, although that may be just because I was really craving some fries covered in malt vinegar!

~~~~~~~~

Add me to the list of folks who have been Bonvoyed. I wasn't paying much attention before, but I had planned to use my 35k certificate to book the Four Points in the French Quarter in NoLA for the night after the wedding and before we headed to WDW on Sunday. Oops, forgot it was MLK Day weekend! I went to check and everything decent is 40k now, and the only 30k options are going to be a hike from the reception. I may end up paying CASH for a room in the hotel block if they have one, or just find a cheap hotel to crash at near the airport. Boo. Can I use the 35k cert if I cancel and get the AF refunded in the right amout of time?

@nickle831 -- I had a relatively painless call, which lasted 16 minutes. The poor CSR really didn't know how to handle it, and neither, it appeared did her supervisor. Since the difference in points for now is 20K points, their solution was to add 20K points to my balance. So currently, if the pricing doesn't change, I'm at the same place (I need 25K points to post from stays asap).

The price not changing and having to spend another 16 minutes of my life again are the unknowns right now. But it's better than nothing. Just wanted to give you my DP. Good luck!

It's always exhausting to me lol! All I do is run, run, run...

I tell my dh that someday I will be bored silly and wishing I could drive kids all over the town going from one activity to another but I think I'm just trying to make myself feel better while I'm in this season of life. I look forward to grandkids where I can go watch their shows and games but their parents have to do all the paying and running around 😆
I am not sure how old your kids are but mine are 15 and 12. The 15 year old is in marching band which really translates to "he owes the band his life" and since he can't drive, it's back and forth every afternoon between home and his school. Thankfully I live about 2 miles from the school.

The 12 year old starts soccer practice (so so grateful it's recreational only) TOMORROW, so that's two nights a week plus a game every weekend (either Friday night or Saturday... of course the schedule hasn't been published yet) for 8 weeks.

Of course the older one has football games marching band performances every Friday night from now through the end of October(?) and a competition essentially every Saturday from this week till mid-November, so between me and his dad we have to figure transportation for both of them and decide which parent is going to attend which event.

I am grateful I have only the two kids. I am not sure what I would do with more! Or if either of them was in a competitive sport!

Now I want pickle wraps but I think I'd like to try some combination of those thinly sliced dills (the ones that are sliced lengthwise... or are those only at Blimpie's??) with sandwich meat and cheese wrapped around them. Nice and low carb, right?

@nickle831 -- I had a relatively painless call, which lasted 16 minutes. The poor CSR really didn't know how to handle it, and neither, it appeared did her supervisor. Since the difference in points for now is 20K points, their solution was to add 20K points to my balance. So currently, if the pricing doesn't change, I'm at the same place (I need 25K points to post from stays asap).

The price not changing and having to spend another 16 minutes of my life again are the unknowns right now. But it's better than nothing. Just wanted to give you my DP. Good luck!

Interesting. But that wouldn't work for free night awards.

If you had to cancel it would be 20k free points! Huh, should have made speculative bookings, lol!

I am in the same exact boat! I've been looking at the award redemption in anticipation of October 2020 and I think I am doing it correctly. I have an ABD and it only mentions LAX so that is what I have been pricing.

For example, this is what I see for the first saver award one way on 8/16:
View attachment 436465

And this is what I see for cash one way on 8/16:
View attachment 436466

I could get it by transferring 35,000 URs to United and booking that way with the $5.60 taxes/fees or I could use straight URs through the Chase portal with a CSR and use about 44,000 URs. So I would be saving at most 9,000 URs per person. Am I looking at this correctly or is there something very off? It also looks like a 757-200 which I believe has the nice lay flat seats from past research.

I don't see first saver awards for any other date than 8/16 right now so it looks like the book immediately as the fares are released is great advice. And harm booking each leg separately? I'm not sure how else one could do it with the current availability.

just be careful those cash prices arent Basic Economy tickets...

Now I want pickle wraps but I think I'd like to try some combination of those thinly sliced dills (the ones that are sliced lengthwise... or are those only at Blimpie's??) with sandwich meat and cheese wrapped around them. Nice and low carb, right?

I can't remember where, but there's a place that uses giant pickles to make a sandwich. Great if you're low carb and like pickles, looks so gross to those of us that don't like pickles. I prefer my cucumbers regular with ranch.

It's always exhausting to me lol! All I do is run, run, run...

I tell my dh that someday I will be bored silly and wishing I could drive kids all over the town going from one activity to another but I think I'm just trying to make myself feel better while I'm in this season of life. I look forward to grandkids where I can go watch their shows and games but their parents have to do all the paying and running around 😆

Yes, I give myself that pep talk sometimes. Along with the one about someday my house will stay clean and I will be sad to have no one to clean up after. 😆
I am not sure how old your kids are but mine are 15 and 12. The 15 year old is in marching band which really translates to "he owes the band his life" and since he can't drive, it's back and forth every afternoon between home and his school. Thankfully I live about 2 miles from the school.

The 12 year old starts soccer practice (so so grateful it's recreational only) TOMORROW, so that's two nights a week plus a game every weekend (either Friday night or Saturday... of course the schedule hasn't been published yet) for 8 weeks.

Of course the older one has football games marching band performances every Friday night from now through the end of October(?) and a competition essentially every Saturday from this week till mid-November, so between me and his dad we have to figure transportation for both of them and decide which parent is going to attend which event.

I am grateful I have only the two kids. I am not sure what I would do with more! Or if either of them was in a competitive sport!
The one getting us right now is having 4 kids in 3 different scouts. Two are in Heritage Girls, one in Boy Scouts and one in Cub Scouts. Keeping up with the activities of three troops is a mess on top of a few other activities they have. This year with boys in separate troops we had to sell popcorn separately for them. Talk about a logistical nightmare! Although they did make a super funny video "rap battle" to send to our family about it. At least that was a highlight of the chaos.

I keep thinking the next month or season or year will be slower, but it seems like they only get busier!

I can't remember where, but there's a place that uses giant pickles to make a sandwich. Great if you're low carb and like pickles, looks so gross to those of us that don't like pickles. I prefer my cucumbers regular with ranch.
Hmmmm I don't know if I would want a whole sandwich, but a little wrap/finger food type thing sounds marvelous!

I like cucumbers, too... with soy sauce! Must be the Japanese in me. Soy sauce goes with a lot of things!

I had a feeling you might be the one dissenter :). I think, since it will be our first time in anything more than coach, that if the SNA morning flight is available for the saver rate, I'm going to go with it. Then we can be spoiled with lie flat on the way home! Thank you for weighing in. At least I know if the SNA flight isn't available, we'll arrive extra rested. We can't lose!

Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes the lie flat flight doesn't pan out for us as far as timing and dates. To be fair, I'd have a much harder time choosing if non-stop flights to SNA were an option from MIA or FLL. They aren't so it's either the hassle of a connection or the hassle of LA traffic. Both are going to eat up some time so I may we may as well enjoy the lie flat seat all the way.

I am in the same exact boat! I've been looking at the award redemption in anticipation of October 2020 and I think I am doing it correctly. I have an ABD and it only mentions LAX so that is what I have been pricing.

For example, this is what I see for the first saver award one way on 8/16:
View attachment 436465

And this is what I see for cash one way on 8/16:
View attachment 436466

I could get it by transferring 35,000 URs to United and booking that way with the $5.60 taxes/fees or I could use straight URs through the Chase portal with a CSR and use about 44,000 URs. So I would be saving at most 9,000 URs per person. Am I looking at this correctly or is there something very off? It also looks like a 757-200 which I believe has the nice lay flat seats from past research.

I don't see first saver awards for any other date than 8/16 right now so it looks like the book immediately as the fares are released is great advice. And harm booking each leg separately? I'm not sure how else one could do it with the current availability.

I'd be booking that award flight right now before they disappeared. Are you doing the Backstage Magic ABD? You can check the flight by airline, date and time on seat guru and it will tell you what it is. If there are different versions of the 757 just check the seat chart and you will be able to figure it out.

Last edited:
@calypso726 I am always amazed by your knowledge of award flights, especially international. Although usually it sounds like a foreign language to me. Is there one place you would suggest to start when trying to understand and look up various award flights? Like basic dumbed down information? Something about trying to look into it makes me feel very inadequate!

ETA: As I read more. Is seat guru your first suggestion?

We are now thinking about a trip to Cozumel in late February or March. I have a CP with SW but see that they only fly to Cancun. We do have some AA miles so could fly with them. How does the booking work using miles? What is the best way to go about it? I haven’t flown on AA in the past 20 years. Only SW and JetBlue.

Not the same at all lol

I've never seen anyone outside of my family eat these! They are so good - at least to me and youngest DD. Their a little labor intensive but so, so good.
I only made like 12 and was done lol. I’m glad dh bought a small jar of pickles. I absolutely hate spreading the cream cheese

Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes the lie flat flight doesn't pan out for us as far as timing and dates. To be fair, I'd have a much harder time chossing if I non-stop flights to SNA were an option from MIA or FLL. They aren't so it's either the hassle of a connection or the hassle of LA traffic. Both are going to eat up some time so I may we may as well enjoy the lie flat seat all the way.

I'd be booking that award flight right now before they disappeared. Are you doing the Backstage Magic ABD? You can check the flight by airline, date and time on seat guru and it will tell you what it is. If there are different versions of the 757 just check the seat chart and you will be able to figure it out.
You are and @calypso726 beat me to my 2 pieces of advice:
1) check seatguru
2) book now if #1 looks good
Thank you both! My trip isn't until October 2020 so I have about 2 months to go before I can actually see real availability. :rotfl:

I am just paranoid I will make a mistake so I've been looking and practicing what booking will be like. I will jump on the First Saver Awards with the best plane when the time comes. In my Aug 16th scenario, this was the plane. I saw Polaris and figured I was safe!

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.13.48 PM.png

I also want to book for a few adults so I will transfer URs from their Chase cards to their United MileagePlus accounts when the time finally comes.

It is the Disneyland Resort and Southern California ABD. Is that the same thing? I got it this summer when ABD had the save $750 per person promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter