I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can transfer DH’s 68k UR to his United MileagePlus account at 1:1 in 1,000 point increments. That’ll get him to 228k UA miles.

You can’t transfer your URs to DH’s United MileagePlus account directly unless he is an AU on the CIP/CSP/CSR from which you are transferring your UR. The workaround to this is to transfer your URs > DH’s UR account > DH’s United MileagePlus account, since once your URs are on DH’s CIP/CSP/CSR, DH can transfer those URs to his MileagePlus account.

However, since you mentioned you have 60k UA miles in your own account, and you need 4x70k tickets, assuming one of them is yours, you could transfer 10k UR from your stash directly into your United MileagePlus account to get you to 70k UA miles, which you’d use to book one of your own award ticket on a separate itinerary.

You could then transfer the balance of your remaining 98k UR (or however much you need) to DH’s UR account, then DH transfers them to his United MileagePlus account, as discussed above.

Since DH already has 228k UA miles from his existing 160k UA miles plus the 68k UR transferred to UA, you only need to transfer 52k UR to him to get to 280k UA miles. But because you transferred 10k UR to your own United MileagePlus account to get to 70k for 1 ticket, presumably DH’s account only needs 3x70k, or 210k UA miles for the remaining 3 tickets. If you transferred all of DH’s 68k URs to UA, that would put DH’s account at 228k UA miles, which is more than you need.

So TL;DR:

- Transfer 10k of your UR to your UA account, which will take you to 70k UA miles and enough for 1 saver award ticket.

- Transfer 50k of DH’s UR to DH’s UA account, which will get him to 210 UA miles and enough for the remaining 3 saver award tickets.

- Unless you need DH’s remaining 18k UR or your remaining 98k UR locked into UA miles, you don’t need to transfer them.

And good luck!
I am so confused. OK. So, I want all 4 tickets on DH's account because I want to use the excursioner perk. for a re-positioning flight within Europe. The other option is to wait until DH's next statement is paid and another 80K+ post to his account. Or, I can book his tickets with his United miles and transfer 80K of my UR points to my United account and buy my tickets on a different reservation.

Are you sure that's your statement closing date? Typically they'll list that as your "next payment due date" which means you should have a statement closing here very soon in mid-Sept.

Oh yes lol that makes much more sense. I didn’t really pay attention since it says $0 anyway haha (I paid it off last week at some point just as part of my weekly CC check in)

Are you trying to book RT tickets to take advantage of the Excursionist Perk? If so, I would transfer 80K UR to your united account and book RT tickets from each United account. If you aren't looking at using the excursionist perk I would use up all the United miles in each account.

Book 2 - one way tickets to Europe under your DH's account. 140K Miles - 20K remaining
Transfer 50K URs to your DH's account book 1 return flight
Transfer 10K URs to your United account book 1 return flight.

Does this help? Make sense?

YES!!!! I need the excursion perk. So here's my question...does having two reservation matter at all?

As someone who also needs good arch support... Rothys are NOT it. I know a lot of people love them, but I did not find them comfortable or supportive (for me!). The sole is the complete opposite of vionics and birkenstocks (which work for me).
got it....and thank you for all the helpful replies! I ordered some cute ankle boots (birkenstock) on clearance from Nordstrom rack, maybe I can wear those with a dress etc ... (who am I kidding? I bought 5 pair from that site,since I can easily return whatever I don't like) I love Nordstrom Rack....

YES!!!! I need the excursion perk. So here's my question...does having two reservation matter at all?
I’m not sure if your husband has any kind of status with United that might help your get an upgrade? I’m not familiar with United’s frequent flyer program. But either way you’ll need to transfer 80k UR to either account, if you have other plans for your 60K united miles then you should make one reservation.

You can transfer 12k URs to your DH’s account and then transfer the 80k to his United account.

Looking at flights to Scotland has me second guessing this destination. I know flights to Europe are costly, but man this is like all of our nearly 500 URs for flights alone. What am I doing wrong? We haven’t ever taken a proper honeymoon/anniversary so I was hoping to fly business class but ughhh

I am so confused. OK. So, I want all 4 tickets on DH's account because I want to use the excursioner perk. for a re-positioning flight within Europe. The other option is to wait until DH's next statement is paid and another 80K+ post to his account. Or, I can book his tickets with his United miles and transfer 80K of my UR points to my United account and buy my tickets on a different reservation.

If you need all 4 tickets on one itinerary under DH’s account:
- You can’t transfer your URs directly into DH’s United account.
- You also can’t transfer your United miles to DH’s account without incurring some pretty significant fees.

So how do you get DH’s United account up to 4x70k=280k United miles?

Transfer DH’s 68k UR to his United MileagePlus account at 1:1 in 1,000 point increments. That’ll get him to 228k UA miles.

DH still needs 52k UA miles.

Transfer 52k UR from your card/account to DH’s UR card/account. Then DH’s can transfer those 52k UR into his United MileagePlus account and turn them 52k UA miles.

Looking at flights to Scotland has me second guessing this destination. I know flights to Europe are costly, but man this is like all of our nearly 500 URs for flights alone. What am I doing wrong? We haven’t ever taken a proper honeymoon/anniversary so I was hoping to fly business class but ughhh

I am by no means an expert on business class but my understanding is that the good business class deals are from using airline points to book award flights. Using URs you are essentially paying the cash price.

Yup, still about an hour or more in line.
I forgot about that part of it....maybe I will try to get some tickets ahead of time as soon as we firm up a date. The other thing we have done is just walk in to the box office and buy tickets day of show. You just don't know if there are seats until you get there though. It wouldn't be good for someone who has their heart set on a single show. But for us going for a few days - we have flexibility.

We have always done much better than that by transferring URs and MRs to the airlines themselves (of course after making sure there is flight we want at a price point that is acceptable). Just to give you a few examples of what I have recently booked, on Air France, 56K per person to Copenhagen, 72 to Paris (yeah that one stinks), 56K to Oslo... That's one way. So around 220-250K URs "should" be enough for 2 people. Also note that some days cost far more (like 250K for one person one way) and we avoid those redemptions. This works the same for BA to London. I hope this helps.

Ok - so for those that think of me somewhat as a miserly scrooge living in the basement...

I spent some money today!! Bought my wife an early Christmas present :D She LOVES Sulley from Monster's Inc. (like our bed is COVERED in Sulley plushes...if you catch my drift!) So I splurged for once and bought her this Lounge Fly backpack thing that she probably figured I'd never buy her. Getting it shipped to my parents house and then will store it until Christmas. :D :D

Between booking that Universal room and now this, I'm getting a little loose with the wallet 😬😮😂

EDIT: I just figured out there was a Sulley emoji - I never knew that!!! :sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley::sulley:
Thanks @PolyRob :D

436375 436377

Last edited:
Ok - so for those that think of me somewhat as a miserly scrooge living in the basement...

I spent some money today!! Bought my wife an early Christmas present :D She LOVES Sulley from Monster's Inc. (like our bed is COVERED in Sulley plushes...if you catch my drift!) So I splurged for once and bought her this Lounge Fly backpack thing that she probably figured I'd never buy her. Getting it shipped to my parents house and then will store it until Christmas. :D :D

Between booking that Universal room and now this, I'm getting a little loose with the wallet 😬😮😂

View attachment 436375 View attachment 436377
And now instead of envisioning an older lady knitting in her recliner in the basement and watching football, I'm seeing you as a large blue monster. I mean, if that's your wife's type.... More accurate?

Thanks for the feedback, all! I was able to push our Teppan Edo ADR back to 1 so I figure if I leave at noon that will give us a solid hour to get there. I don't really like splitting my HS/Epcot day like that, but I just have no desire to eat anywhere at HS... not even quick service. And my mom and BIL both requested Teppan Edo during this trip lol. I don't particularly find it to be any better than your standard Japanese hibachi restaurant, but whatever. We're leaving HS to go to Ale & Compass for dinner on our other HS day haha.
Love Teppan Edo. Hope the food is not "too hot to eat":P:P

What a thoughtful gesture! She will love it, especially if she doesn't think it is something you would ever consider purchasing! :sulley:

Please tell me you didn't cash out any URs today. Then I would pass out :faint:

How much did this set your FIRE date back by? Jk if it makes you feel better I just spent $1300 on room charges for 4 days at DL. I need to calm down a bit with the spending.

What a thoughtful gesture! She will love it, especially if she doesn't think it is something you would ever consider purchasing! :sulley:

Please tell me you didn't cash out any URs today. Then I would pass out :faint:
I am staring at that UR balance daily knowing that one of these days I need to pull the trigger. :teacher: The right answer is to take 600k+ to cash immediately. 🤑 (yet I can't bring myself to do it...yet)

@mmmears Ok so just so I’m understanding, you transfer URs through the portal, not cash out and book directly through the airline? Is there still a 1.5 redemption value or is it the same as cash when you transfer?

Just posted an IMPORTANT update on the Citi AAdvantage Cards (Personal and Business) Discussion Thread on DISchurners.
Please take a look over there and if you have any questions or discussion, try to keep it on DISchurners please.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter