I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback, all! I was able to push our Teppan Edo ADR back to 1 so I figure if I leave at noon that will give us a solid hour to get there. I don't really like splitting my HS/Epcot day like that, but I just have no desire to eat anywhere at HS... not even quick service. And my mom and BIL both requested Teppan Edo during this trip lol. I don't particularly find it to be any better than your standard Japanese hibachi restaurant, but whatever. We're leaving HS to go to Ale & Compass for dinner on our other HS day haha.

Another thing you could do if time is running short is get off the boat at the Beach Club and walk to Epcot, since the boat goes from there to the Boardwalk, then Epcot

Just curious--are you then going back to HS after lunch?

We have never park-hopped because things like this would just stress me out too much, and make me feel like we are spending too much time going back and forth between the parks. But we have almost always gone during peak crowd season.

No, staying in Epcot for the remainder of the day. We have Epcot FPs for the afternoon and plan to eat at F&W that night. This we’ll get me shunned but... we’re not big Epcot fans, other than the food. I’ll hit the couple rides we want to there and go to F&W and that will pretty much be sufficient for us for the trip lol. We’ll do dinner at Chefs de France Friday night too, but don’t have any plans to spend real time in the park that day.

Yes, DH likes this one too! I'm actually looking into both the Palisade and the Telluride. I'll be ready soon. Looks like they are hard to come across so I'm starting now.
Yeah they are so new they are just hitting the lots and it takes some hunting to find the specific one you want for the right price. But as it get closer to 2020 it should get easier

We were there a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night. The lounge area was full, so we were directed to the bar/restaurant area. The had alcohol and cold, premade wraps for food in that part for the $15 credit. Really not impressed with the food there, but sorry I can't say what would have been available in the lounge side.

Thanks DH has been through this airport many times and has not stopped. He will be passing through again tomorrow so he may check it out, but sounds like he is not missing much. His connection tomorrow is early am so he will not want drinks.

why not just buy good insoles to stick in some boots?

I'm super curious about the Rothys...I need some dressy shoes with a good insole/high arch support...The Vionics I bought are barely ok for that.... the Birkenstocks are NOT pretty enough for dressy....(not sandals) I need to look for a place to buy these so I can return for free if needed..... (and yes I also use insoles in some of my shoes but it's tough to find the right one for dress flats etc.)
As someone who also needs good arch support... Rothys are NOT it. I know a lot of people love them, but I did not find them comfortable or supportive (for me!). The sole is the complete opposite of vionics and birkenstocks (which work for me).

Last edited:
No, staying in Epcot for the remainder of the day. We have Epcot FPs for the afternoon and plan to eat at F&W that night. This we’ll get me shunned but... we’re not big Epcot fans, other than the food. I’ll hit the couple rides we want to there and go to F&W and that will pretty much be sufficient for us for the trip lol. We’ll do dinner at Chefs de France Friday night too, but don’t have any plans to spend real time in the park that day.

What days are you hopping? I don't think there's a chance of the skyliner having soft opening until thr 27th at the earliest based off cast previews.

From the producers who brought you Churning Shower Thoughts by SouthFayetteFan comes another edition of the spectacular series: A Fireside Chat with SouthFayetteFan...

I've added a lengthy comment on the Advanced Strategies & Loophole Discussion Thread entitled: A Fireside Chat with SouthFayetteFan on the Southwest Companion Pass.

Companion Pass season is almost upon us and I implore anybody who is thinking of pursuing a 2020/2021 SW CP to read these thoughts. Hopefully some of you will find this useful (or else I just wasted a bunch of time this morning, lol!)

EDIT: The CP is not something we are trying to move exclusively to DISchurners...but I posted my little guide there anyways since it will be easier to reference back to in the future.

Last edited:

What days are you hopping? I don't think there's a chance of the skyliner having soft opening until thr 27th at the earliest based off cast previews.

Hopping between HS and Epcot on the 23rd and between AK and Epcot for dinner on the 27th. We have the 25th as kind of an open day though. We’re doing breakfast at Boma and dinner at Cali Grill. I booked some FPs at MK but I told everybody they can go where ever they want that day.

ETA: and yeah, serious bummer on the skyliner lol. I just laughed when I saw it was opening literally the day after we leave. But oh well.

r/churning has a look at the new design for the upcoming refreshed Amex Green.

Looking good.
wHgLvr8.jpg

It’ll be made from plastic reclaimed from beaches and oceans. Nice move in support of the environment. The new design fits with previous refreshes of the Gold, Platinum, and BBC cards, which is part of Amex’s broader redesign of their brand identity.

https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php
https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story

r/churning has a look at the new design for the upcoming refreshed Amex Green.

Looking good.
wHgLvr8.jpg

It’ll be made from plastic reclaimed from beaches and oceans. Nice move in support of the environment. The new design fits with previous refreshes of the Gold, Platinum, and BBC cards, which is part of Amex’s broader redesign of their brand identity.

https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php
https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story
Ohhh I like! AND now I want a replacement corporate card :rotfl:

We have been a handful of times over the years. Maybe 15 years ago we would just wait in line but the lines have gotten crazy lately so the past few times we have done a dining package. Last time I priced it out, the dining plan saved us money on this (plus a few other TS meals). Since we have two rooms, I usually get the deluxe dining package for one room and we use the credits for the pricey TS meals.

Also, there is usually a thread or two about the CP on the dining forum.
Thanks! I will go look for the thread. I think we will be offsite for this stay (either Swan or WBC) so no DDP for us. I think someone else confirmed but no TiW or AP/DVC discounts on the dining package, right?

Thanks! I will go look for the thread. I think we will be offsite for this stay (either Swan or WBC) so no DDP for us. I think someone else confirmed but no TiW or AP/DVC discounts on the dining package, right?
Correct, no discounts accepted on the CP package. It also takes 2 DDP credits like a signature meal if staying onsite.

From the producers who brought you Churning Shower Thoughts by SouthFayetteFan comes another edition of the spectacular serises: A Fireside Chat with SouthFayetteFan...

I've added a lengthy comment on the Advanced Strategies & Loophole Discussion Thread entitled: A Fireside Chat with SouthFayetteFan on the Southwest Companion Pass.

Companion Pass season is almost upon us and I implore anybody who is thinking of pursuing a 2020/2021 SW CP to read these thoughts. Hopefully some of you will find this useful (or else I just wasted a bunch of time this morning, lol!)

EDIT: The CP is not something we are trying to move exclusively to DISchurners...but I posted my little guide there anyways since it will be easier to reference back to in the future.

Thanks for the write-up on the CP!

I'm helping my mom try for a CP for 2020-2021, and am wondering when do you all think the optimal time to apply for the SW Perf Biz? She doesn't have any recent Chase cards. I was thinking around Oct. 10th-12th. That would be before the current 80k offer ends (assuming it really ends on 10/16), and give her time in case she isn't automatically approved? Or does the application date just matter, not the approval date? Also, she would have to be really careful on the spending to make sure to meet the MSR but not before 12/31. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for her since she gets overwhelmed easily and doesn't even login to her Chase account (that I set up for her).

That would give you ten days into January to complete the MSR. I would worry about accidentally hitting it early unless you have a big transaction planned that you can do on Jan. 2.

Thanks for the write-up on the CP!

I'm helping my mom try for a CP for 2020-2021, and am wondering when do you all think the optimal time to apply for the SW Perf Biz? She doesn't have any recent Chase cards. I was thinking around Oct. 10th-12th. That would be before the current 80k offer ends (assuming it really ends on 10/16), and give her time in case she isn't automatically approved? Or does the application date just matter, not the approval date? Also, she would have to be really careful on the spending to make sure to meet the MSR but not before 12/31. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for her since she gets overwhelmed easily and doesn't even login to her Chase account (that I set up for her).

Now that it seems they are holding fast to the 90 days (vs 115 previously) I see September as way too risky, so I'd agree that an early Oct application is about as early as I'd want to go.

I opened my CIP on 8/13/19 and the 1st statement closed 9/12/19 - I'm not sure if that kind of dating is consistent with all Chase biz cards though. If I were pursuing a CP I think I'd be trying to wait until Oct 10th or so just to give some wiggle room so my recommended date to apply would line up with yours exactly. 10/12 would be even better probably. Like I said in my write-up, for most people, there is little reason to rush this. Although that potential change of bonus on 10/16 is certainly a factor here.

Once the December statement closes she should be good to then hit the MSR - although it's usually easier to just delay that last purchase until January anyways. Another reason for delaying a week into October is to make sure the statement close date falls after the first few days in January.

Last edited:
Now that it seems they are holding fast to the 90 days (vs 115 previously) I see September as way too risky, so I'd agree that an early Oct application is about as early as I'd want to go.

I opened my most recent CIP on 8/13/19 and the 1st statement closed 9/12/19 - I'm not sure if that kind of dating is consistent with all Chase biz cards though. If I were pursuing a CP I think I'd be trying to wait until Oct 10th or so just to give some wiggle room so my date would line up with yours exactly.

Once the December statement closes she should be good to then hit the MSR - although it's usually easier to just delay that last purchase until January anyways. Another reason for delaying a week into October is to make sure the statement close date falls after the first few days in January.
I have relatives that were approved within 1 day of each other on a Chase biz app and the statement closing date varied by 12 days with the first person approved having a later statement date :confused3

I opened my most recent CIP on 8/13/19 and the 1st statement closed 9/12/19 - I'm not sure if that kind of dating is consistent with all Chase biz cards though. If I were pursuing a CP I think I'd be trying to wait until Oct 10th or so just to give some wiggle room so my date would line up with yours exactly.

Thanks! I'll have her apply between 10/10 - 10/15.

As a DP, on my CIP I applied 8/5 and my stmt closed /5. For some reason I always thought the first statement seemed to take forever to close! I guess it actually doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter