I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to see 'Come from Away' at the Kennedy Center over Xmas holidays. The convenience fee was a cool 30.52 and the KC sells them to you itself!! Plus $20 for advance parking, plus we got 3rd row orchestra seats because daughter paid and she did not want to sit in the $49 seats I picked out. I happily booked it on my card and will take it out of her checking with her permission of course. I want to see a comedy in Nov but I'll wait until I return from Disney to buy as the one I'm going to see won't sell out. Then 'My Fair Lady' is in January and anything to take the dull out of Washington Winter, please! I really love live performance.
I love live performances too! Planning a trip to NYC with my mother towards the end of October. Don’t know what we are going to see yet. Will see what’s available at TKTS.

Last edited:
Question for the experts:

IF (that's a big IF) I ever decide to go for an AMEX (the uber expensive Hilton biz one with all the benefits), I would be using it (accumulated MRs and the benefits) toward the Hilton Tokyo Bay stay in November 2020.

However, due to timing I would not have the necessary MRs to book that hotel right away because I am currently working on Chase URs for flights and the other hotel(s) for the rest of that trip.

Do I need to be concerned about timing/booking the Hilton room in a hurry? Are hotel bookings made on points difficult to find, the way airline reward bookings can be difficult to find?

And/or, is it possible to make the hotel reservation on a credit card and then later change it to "pay" with MRs later when I have them? Does that even make sense? I'm sorry to be confused but I am not sure how to convey what I am asking!

**EDITED**- See, I even have my cards wrong. The Hilton Biz card is NOT the one I was thinking of. I am thinking of the Aspire, which I believe is a personal. Sorry!!!**

Last edited:

Does your wife have a preference between the Flat and Point?
I have the Flat (2), the Point, and the Sneaker. The Flat are soooooooooooo comfortable---I have walked 4 miles in cities in them, and I have hiked (accidentally) for 4.5 miles (not much elevation gain). The Flats are my everyday shoe. The Point are my dressier shoe; in fact, I wore fuchsia ones with a black dress to a super-fancy awards party. For my shape of foot, they are not as comfortable long-term as the Flat. I wear the Sneaker with boyfriend jeans mostly. The Sneaker has a thicker sole than the Flat and Point and is great for running around.

Since discovering Rothy's, I now only wear them, regular sneakers for working out, hiking sneakers, and Ariat boots. I hurt my foot in Feb 2018 and cannot wear heels over 2" anymore.

What WDW ADRs are super-hard to get? Tomorrow is my 180 for mid-March. We won't be wanting princess meals or Chef Mickey or 'Ohana. Should I even bother booking this soon? Honestly, the last time I booked at 180 days was probably 2009 lol

I have the Flat (2), the Point, and the Sneaker. The Flat are soooooooooooo comfortable---I have walked 4 miles in cities in them, and I have hiked (accidentally) for 4.5 miles (not much elevation gain). The Flats are my everyday shoe. The Point are my dressier shoe; in fact, I wore fuchsia ones with a black dress to a super-fancy awards party. For my shape of foot, they are not as comfortable long-term as the Flat. I wear the Sneaker with boyfriend jeans mostly. The Sneaker has a thicker sole than the Flat and Point and is great for running around.

Since discovering Rothy's, I now only wear them, regular sneakers for working out, hiking sneakers, and Ariat boots. I hurt my foot in Feb 2018 and cannot wear heels over 2" anymore.
Thanks. I don’t typically wear pointy shoes either but I do love open toe heels! I purchased a cute pair of pointy toe Marc Fisher black leather flats this weekend at TJ Maxx for $20.

These sound wonderful. I also can’t wear heels after a knee injury. Plus a plantar fibroma on the opposite foot. But I just can’t on the price.

I know, the price is really high. I used birthday money to buy my first pair last August. After I wore them for months, I ordered the points to wear for the awards party in March. I can wear Rothy's Flats here from late March until early November until my feet get too cold, but I think you in Chicagoland (right?) would wear them slightly less.

(shoot, that was supposed to be quoting @CyndiLouWho )

IF (that's a big IF) I ever decide to go for an AMEX (the uber expensive Hilton biz one with all the benefits), I would be using it (accumulated MRs and the benefits) toward the Hilton Tokyo Bay stay in November 2020.

However, due to timing I would not have the necessary MRs to book that hotel right away because I am currently working on Chase URs for flights and the other hotel(s) for the rest of that trip.

Do I need to be concerned about timing/booking the Hilton room in a hurry? Are hotel bookings made on points difficult to find, the way airline reward bookings can be difficult to find?

And/or, is it possible to make the hotel reservation on a credit card and then later change it to "pay" with MRs later when I have them? Does that even make sense? I'm sorry to be confused but I am not sure how to convey what I am asking!
How are you using MR's for the trip? Are you transferring MR to Hilton points or are you booking through AMEX and using MR to cover the charge?

I've never had a problem getting a reservation for points if there is a room left to book. I don't believe you can change a revenue reservation to a points reservation but I've never tried.

I just looked at the website---I don't like the fact that they need to be hand washed with soap (I love that I can throw my various Rothy's into the washing machine!) And they don't have very many colors (yet, at least). Waterproofing would be awesome, though.

I'm trying to find waterproof Chelsea boots that fit my superhigh, awkward instep and arch. I've tried on, ordered, and returned so many boots in the past few months :sad:
I missed the handwash part. Still want Rothy flats. Havent pulled the trigger. Last it looked like they were discontinuing the pattern I wanted, I should check again

We stayed at Hilton Toyko bay from June 9-15 of this year. We got the Hilton cards last September but had to earn the points. I did book our room early for like 88k points per night. I believe it was sometime early this year the rate went down so I actually cancelled and rebooked under the new rate which was 55k points per night. I guess my point is I wouldn’t be too worried. BUT our dates were sold out completely once it got within a month or so before our trip. I would make your goal to book the hotel by June maybe? So you have plenty of time.

What WDW ADRs are super-hard to get? Tomorrow is my 180 for mid-March. We won't be wanting princess meals or Chef Mickey or 'Ohana. Should I even bother booking this soon? Honestly, the last time I booked at 180 days was probably 2009 lol
I always book at 180 days. I consider trips I plan under 180 days to be "last minute" because I am crazy HAHA

Besides character/princess-related meals (counting BoG) and 'Ohana, I would say California Grill (especially Sunday brunch), Homecomin', Beaches and Cream, and even Sci-Fi can be a little difficult to get. Places in Epcot with prime nighttime show views like La Hacienda de San Angel and Rose & Crown could also be difficult leading up to the fireworks. Are you interested in Star Wars? The cantina, lightsaber experience, and droid depot are all also taking 180+ reservations.

Where are you planning to eat? You named the big ones. Another would be artist point for the Snow White dining.

I agree with @PolyRob about beaches and cream and sci-fi. I forgot those

My Hilton biz hits one year on 9/27. Is it still advised to call for a retention offer or should I just cancel the card?

Also, we need rain here soooo bad!! I’m kind of mad Humberto turned so sharply away from us. We drained our pool some for Dorian and now it’s getting low because we haven’t had rain since then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts