I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience using Chase points for excursions on an Alaskan cruise? We're not going until next summer, but I'm curious how far in advance they pop up to get scheduled. We've never cruised, but we're traveling with family that is nervous that didn't arrange and book all our excursions months ago. Has anyone had problems scheduling a common excursion (we're looking for whale watching,) closer to sailing?

Since we have so many e bags fans here- does anyone have the piazza daybag?

DH and I are taking an adult only Disney trip this fall, which means I need to carry my massive diaper bag. My current every day bag is a massive leather tote- not an ideal Disney bag

DH is trying to convince me to go bagless- but ponchos and my phone and my sunglasses. And I like wearing athletic shorts which don’t have pockets.

So tldr: reccomend a Disney park bag to hold ponchos, a water bottle and my phone, a few credit cards and a chapstick.

Last edited:

I just got the "Get up to 72,000 Plastiq Fee Free dollars ( FFDs)..." email from Plastiq so it seems that's rolling out over time.

I was really hoping for a 1% promo but I guess this will have to do, haha!

Damn you Hilton.
“Want 160k free Bonus Points?”
“Yes! Omg maybe this is a targeted offer!!”
“Buy 160k points...”
I want FREE points Hilton, not this BOGO crap!

I’m not bitter about my Hilton pop-ups.
UGH and I just got this one too. I hate those kind of emails, LOL!

Since we have so many e bags fans here- does anyone have the villa crossbody bag?

DH and I are taking an adult only Disney trip this fall, which means I need to carry my massive diaper bag. My current every day bag is a massive leather tote- not an ideal Disney bag

DH is trying to convince me to go bagless- but ponchos and my phone and my sunglasses. And I like wearing athletic shorts which don’t have pockets.

So tldr: reccomend a Disney park bag to hold ponchos, a water bottle and my phone, a few credit cards and a chapstick.
Dd (college kid) has a Travelon that looks just like that (I just looked in her room ) She LOVED it for touring when she was studying abroad, and found the pockets handy for everything she needed (IDs, money, cards, passport, phone, teeny umbrella, snacks). She prefers being able to carry a reusable water bottle, so she's switched to a different bag for non-backpack school use.

Either one would be my first choice, but I'd feel wierd about eating Ethiopian alone. Just seems like it should be communal, and the more people you have, the more different dishes you can try. I'm actually entertained to think of 2 of the guys even contemplating a big platter of food and a stack of injera.

It wouldn't be weird! At least I hope not. I got Ethiopian off a food truck last Friday and sat by myself at one end of the table in the break room slurping down delicious lamb tibs and shiro while others tried not to look at me. Their loss!

Dd (college kid) has a Travelon that looks just like that (I just looked in her room ) She LOVED it for touring when she was studying abroad, and found the pockets handy for everything she needed (IDs, money, cards, passport, phone, teeny umbrella, snacks). She prefers being able to carry a reusable water bottle, so she's switched to a different bag for non-backpack school use.
Thanks I just edited cause I meant the piazza daybag which has water bottle spots.

It wouldn't be weird! At least I hope not. I got Ethiopian off a food truck last Friday and sat by myself at one end of the table in the break room slurping down delicious lamb tibs and shiro while others tried not to look at me. Their loss!
Ethiopian is one of the cuisines I can't get here and I have no decent recipes :sad2:

A friend from the Congo is coming to stay with us next week while he's in the US fundraising (runs an anti-poaching nonprofit), so I'm hoping I will learn to cook some new foods!

Thanks I just edited cause I meant the piazza daybag which has water bottle spots.
Ooooh I like that one! I have a similar-ish Travelon bag from like 5 years ago that is similar but has a fold-over flap. I'd rather not have the flap bit, honestly.

I loooooove period dramas. Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, The Crown... sign me up. Even though I have no skill for sewing or anything, I've always been really into historical costume design. So all of those shows are fascinating to me to see what they're dressing them in.
Have you seen Poldark? LOVE

Access to an Ethopian food truck might almost make it worth living in the DC area and dealing with the traffic.

Almost. :rotfl:

@kidsfirsttrip I got all my Delta miles refunded :( I hadn't checked for a few days and just assumed a voucher was on the way. Nope. I got my miles (not doubled) back. I want to cry. I wanted the voucher. I should have just booked the dates I wanted and not cancelled.

I'm really sorry! That sucks! My WDW confirmation # still says pending on my travel docs, so I'm not in a hurry (especially now) to cancel. The flight I chose is in mid-November so I'll wait until the 60 days mark to do anything. These DPs aren't looking so good. :(

Does anyone have experience using Chase points for excursions on an Alaskan cruise? We're not going until next summer, but I'm curious how far in advance they pop up to get scheduled. We've never cruised, but we're traveling with family that is nervous that didn't arrange and book all our excursions months ago. Has anyone had problems scheduling a common excursion (we're looking for whale watching,) closer to sailing?
I believe @CyndiLouWho booked some of her recent Alaskan excursions using URs.

Last edited:
For those that have booked with AA miles (@SouthFayetteFan, @speedyfishy) a Disney hotel have you just called to get the reservation number to enter into MDE? Any problems with that? I know there has been chatter about it and I looked on dischurners but am probably looking in the wrong place and can't see the answer.

It would only be for one night, as we would start DVC next day but I am weighing out if it is worth it to blow the 107,000 miles for one night at Grand Floridian or if I should just cash out my AA points.

For those that are familiar with Grand Floridian: do all the rooms at GF have a pull down/trundle bed? If I book for 5 will I get one with that anyway or should I pay another 1000 points to have it? Basically 2 queens theme park view is 1000 points less than a 2 queens plus trundle garden view. Not sure which to book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter