I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin @calypso726 - what say you?? LOLOL!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::laughing:

(I totally agree with your whole comment though @GlamMistress :))

I bow down to @calypso726 and her trips, annual fees (and all those delicious DVC points!)

I just don't have the energy to travel like her and the Plane Princess. My husband gets grouchy if we are gone too long. He's always a good sport and lets me pick all the trips basically and when we're going. But when it's the end of vacation, boy he just wants to be HOME.

NEW CHASE SUPPORT LINK AVAILABLE:
Before you get too excited it's NOT CSR...SW Priority Card now offers ability to generate support link

Anybody with a SW priority card - could you let us know what the offer is? (I'd assume it's just 40k but let's check in case it's something better!)

Thanks!

EDIT: Bummer - just the standard 40k offer. Still for those with the card, feel free to add to your reddit profiles and such.

EDIT2: Apparently others had already figured this out as there were links on DISchurners already. You should tell us when you find this stuff folks :P :P HAHA!

I added mine a few days ago when I updated all my cards. When I found it I was like, wow, I guess I missed that this had a referral. lol I didn't realize it was new, I though I just had missed adding it before. I also wonder how I possibly have the longest list of Chase cards when I feel like I am fairly new to this still.

I added mine a few days ago when I updated all my cards. When I found it I was like, wow, I guess I missed that this had a referral. lol I didn't realize it was new, I though I just had missed adding it before. I also wonder how I possibly have the longest list of Chase cards when I feel like I am fairly new to this still.
That is a very impressive list you have! You are only missing Freedom, IHG, and SW Premier out of the 12 cards currently in the RAF program!!

I think I have enough assorted points to stay in CHS for free for June and July at Homewood suites/Residence Inn type properties. :scratchin
That is super tempting. I think I for sure will do 1 month so I can have some points for a beach trip and some disney time too. Being offsite at Disney probably wouldn't be too bad if I were there for 2 weeks or so...:teeth:

ETA: Can you tell I am hating TN and winter more than normal today?:rolleyes1

I like your CIU in April. Why not hit a CIC after that in say June/July? Then you could use your 5th slot in Sept/Oct and you’d drop back to 4/24 again in Dec.

You could downgrade that CSR to CSP to refer but not sure it’s worth it and then you wouldn’t have a CSR anymore (and miss out on your travel credit reset too maybe). You could upgrade again but constant PCing may not look good to Chase.

Again, with your husband - why not CIP, then CIU before using that 5th slot on CSP? In December he’ll have 2 slots open back up too.

Honestly I totally spaced it and for some reason assumed the CIC/CIU were like the CSP/CSR and you could only have one. This is way better! Although I will have to do some planning so I don't anger the Chase gods. DH and myself both have 2 biz cards through them (for our "business") and I was going to push it to 3.

I am thinking no on the CSP downgrade/refer. I don't think I want to be without a CSR (one of my go-to cards)

Great conversation starter. I feel the same. We all probably do to some extent. But I'm coming around to the fact that:

• I need more simplicity in my life, and that is just going to mean opening and maintaining less cards - I have enough stress with work, I don't need it from my hobbies!
  • I need to force myself to keep fewer cards to save on annual fees
  • I need to stop planning so many trips. :scared1: Even when I don't cross timezones, I feel very knocked down each time I come home from a vacation now. Even non WDW trips where I haven't been running like a crazy person. It's the physical act of traveling that exhausts me I guess. This is going to be a hard pill for me to swallow. 2019 has 3 vacations on the calendar (Disney cruise that is done, Vegas in April for Aerosmith and then Europe in August). If I'm honest, I know I'll end up adding somewhere else too. Since I'm sick, I've spent most of the weekend in bed and I've been wondering what staycations are like. I never thought I'd be curious about that... must be old age. Or the NyQuil. :rotfl2:
i feel you. The card maintenance is what got me out of some light churning a few years ago. My year came up to cancel a zillion cards and I thought it wasn't very fun at all so I gave it up and coasted on my points for a while. It's not a super time consuming thing but when you get overwhelmed having a bunch of card things to deal with can get annoying. I also know what you mean about traveling too much. We went a little crazy the last few months :scared: In a 90 day period we did Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Hawaii. It was amazing but also a little intense.

Honestly I totally spaced it and for some reason assumed the CIC/CIU were like the CSP/CSR and you could only have one. This is way better! Although I will have to do some planning so I don't anger the Chase gods. DH and myself both have 2 biz cards through them (for our "business") and I was going to push it to 3.

I am thinking no on the CSP downgrade/refer. I don't think I want to be without a CSR (one of my go-to cards)

i feel you. The card maintenance is what got me out of some light churning a few years ago. My year came up to cancel a zillion cards and I thought it wasn't very fun at all so I gave it up and coasted on my points for a while. It's not a super time consuming thing but when you get overwhelmed having a bunch of card things to deal with can get annoying. I also know what you mean about traveling too much. We went a little crazy the last few months :scared: In a 90 day period we did Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Hawaii. It was amazing but also a little intense.
Yeah - with some good planning you can still get a CIP, CIC, CSP, and 2 CIUs this year! You’ll get a min of 318k URs right there! :D That is an impressive haul :)

I have 4 Chase business cards...so spaced out enough and reducing credit limits prior to applying...I’d think you’ll be fine with 3...or 4

I have 4 Chase business cards...so spaced out enough and reducing credit limits prior to applying...I’d think you’ll be fine with 3...or 4
I think this can’t be emphasized enough...Chase is now handing out biz cards like candy if you space them out! This could change at any time (don’t believe me...just look at what AMEX has done)...so I would take FULL advantage of Chase URs with CIP, CIU and CIC (of course spaces out appropriately). I hope nothing changes but you never know when a new rule or restriction may come along.

Last edited:
:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin @calypso726 - what say you?? LOLOL!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::laughing:

(I totally agree with your whole comment though @GlamMistress :))

Bring on the AFs! I will keep them as long as they can provide me with much more than what they cost each year. We are toying with upgrading the current Marriott Premier Plus to a Ritz Carlton card. No decision has been made yet, but the idea is being tossed around.

I bow down to @calypso726 and her trips, annual fees (and all those delicious DVC points!)

I just don't have the energy to travel like her and the Plane Princess. My husband gets grouchy if we are gone too long. He's always a good sport and lets me pick all the trips basically and when we're going. But when it's the end of vacation, boy he just wants to be HOME.

It's been a lot of fun for us but it does wear on you. I do appreciate being home once in a while. We may be slowing things down a notch come next year.

thanks!

I shop sams and Costco, but was just comparing to sams and some stuff is about the same, other stuff a bit higher. I checked some snack items, TP, cat litter...
I just usually order sams online instead of Costco because of the portals.
Would you please let me know what Sam's portals there are?

That is a very impressive list you have! You are only missing Freedom, IHG, and SW Premier out of the 12 cards currently in the RAF program!!

Thanks, not sure how I was missing Freedom. That is my 2nd oldest Chase card. I remember going through my list and checking off the cards as I did them so not sure what happened to that one. It is added now! I had the Premier last year and canceled it. Never had the IHG.

Plight of the Churner...

I often find myself wishing away time...not intentionally, but it's difficult:
  • Can't wait until I'm under 5/24
  • Can't wait until I can apply for my next card (i.e. spreading Chase apps out by 2 months)
  • Can't wait until 95 days passes so I can get another Citi Biz AA card
  • Can't wait until my next trip
  • Can't wait until my card arrives...7-10 biz days is forever!
  • Can't wait until the automated status line changes to APPROVED
  • Can't wait until my points post
  • Can't wait until I have my CP
I could probably go on...I've experienced all of these above and I'm sure you've all experienced some (all?) of them and others I didn't mention. There isn't much of a point to this comment other than to say, I'm trying to live in the moment and stop wishing time away.

Of course this is somewhat trivial and I don't actually wish away good moments (i.e. my daughter's youth, etc.) but in times of boredom, this hobby often rises to the forefront of my mind. I hope that I can continue to use this hobby to PASS my time...but not to WISH AWAY my time :) Otherwise, I'll just be a 90 yr old dude with a billion URs and nothing to show for it :rotfl2:

I am still contemplating going under 5/24. It will be a year of no personal card apps though. I will likely go for a CIP and Hyatt card when I do.

Great conversation starter. I feel the same. We all probably do to some extent. But I'm coming around to the fact that:

• I need more simplicity in my life, and that is just going to mean opening and maintaining less cards - I have enough stress with work, I don't need it from my hobbies!
  • I need to force myself to keep fewer cards to save on annual fees
  • I need to stop planning so many trips. :scared1: Even when I don't cross timezones, I feel very knocked down each time I come home from a vacation now. Even non WDW trips where I haven't been running like a crazy person. It's the physical act of traveling that exhausts me I guess. This is going to be a hard pill for me to swallow. 2019 has 3 vacations on the calendar (Disney cruise that is done, Vegas in April for Aerosmith and then Europe in August). If I'm honest, I know I'll end up adding somewhere else too. Since I'm sick, I've spent most of the weekend in bed and I've been wondering what staycations are like. I never thought I'd be curious about that... must be old age. Or the NyQuil. :rotfl2:

Trip planning is where I need to slow down a bit. This year is shaping up to be another crazy year.

January - back from Antarctica after the first week of January and 10 days later then took off to New York for the Mickey Original Exhibition
February - weekend in WDW for Festival of the Arts
March - Dubai and Maldives
April - WDW for Flower & Garden
May - New Orleans using a 7 night cert from a Marriott Night & Flight package
June/July - Scotland
August - New York to see Hamilton, then a Disney Cruise a couple weeks later
September/October - Japan Adventures By Disney trip
October - Food & Wine at WDW
November - More F&W weekends and a Thanksgiving family trip to WDW,
December - DLR to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. PlanePrincess doesn't even know we are doing this. He'll find out if he's lurking :rotfl:

Add to the above that we will go to DLR for Star Wars Land whenever they decide to open it and of course we will we doing it at WDW too. I just don't know when until they announce opening dates.

Trip planning is where I need to slow down a bit. This year is shaping up to be another crazy year.

January - back from Antarctica after the first week of January and 10 days later then took off to New York for the Mickey Original Exhibition
June/July - Scotland
December - DLR to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. PlanePrincess doesn't even know we are doing this. He'll find out if he's lurking :rotfl:

Add to the above that we will go to DLR for Star Wars Land whenever they decide to open it and of course we will we doing it at WDW too. I just don't know when until they announce opening dates.

rip points... lol.
u must have a super nice stash!

June/July - Scotland

That is quite a list! I always love to see your vacation plans. And super jealous of everyone that can plan in advance. I just cant seem to pull the trigger more than 2 months in advance. And I do not work, so it is not like work is holding me back! And DH has plenty of vacation time, so his really isn't either. We have commitment issues. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter