I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My noodles tasted like regular mac and cheese noodles to me lol. Maybe it's because I got the kids meal?

Maybe or maybe they just cooked yours longer lol they were really hard it’s good to know yours wasn’t like that because the cheese and everything was good lol

DoC is reporting that Office Depot/Office Max stores are offering a $15 instant discount when you buy $300 in Mastercard gift cards, valid 8/18 – 8/24/19.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...ift-cards-save-15-when-you-buy-300-8-18-8-24/
OD/OM sells fixed denomination MCGCs up to $200, which has — if I remember correctly — a $6.95 activation fee. I think the $100 MCGC has a $5.95 activation fee, but you won’t earn as many points buying $200 and $100 MCGCs, and multiple $100 MCGCs will increase your fees. To maximize this deal, it’s best to buy 2x $200 MCGCs, paying with a CIC for 5x UR at office supply stores.

$206.95 x 2 = $413.90 - $15 = $398.90 (a $1.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,994.5 UR

Note that historically, OD/OM sells Metabank-issued MCGCs that process on Plastiq as debit for a 1% fee. (Double check the packaging if this is your liquidation plan.)

I’ll defer to others about MO/Serve liquidation options.

While MCGCs are not as preferred as VGCs for MS, these $15 off deals are as good as they get, so act fast or expect your store(s) to be picked clean.

Last edited:
Maybe or maybe they just cooked yours longer lol they were really hard it’s good to know yours wasn’t like that because the cheese and everything was good lol
Yeah mine were definitely not hard lol. The chicken was a little strange. It was literally just a chunk of chicken. It was weird.

Currently in the Priority Pass lounge at MCO. Our flight was supposed to leave around 6:10pm. Just as we left DHS around 3pm, my husband was notified we were delayed to 9:30pm. So we went back to Tune In. Got to the airport at 7:30ish. About 8pm found out we're not leaving til 11:30pm now. Omg. We both have to go to work tomorrow.

CSR protection doesn't kick in til 6 hours right? We're sitting at just over 5. Even if we wanted to use that, my husband can't call out again tomorrow since he did yesterday. I don't know what to do. We're going to land after 2am, unless we're delayed again, or worse, cancelled.

Currently in the Priority Pass lounge at MCO. Our flight was supposed to leave around 6:10pm. Just as we left DHS around 3pm, my husband was notified we were delayed to 9:30pm. So we went back to Tune In. Got to the airport at 7:30ish. About 8pm found out we're not leaving til 11:30pm now. Omg. We both have to go to work tomorrow.

CSR protection doesn't kick in til 6 hours right? We're sitting at just over 5. Even if we wanted to use that, my husband can't call out again tomorrow since he did yesterday. I don't know what to do. We're going to land after 2am, unless we're delayed again, or worse, cancelled.

Oh, they were just talking about that. If I recall correctly, it was 12 hours or overnight (might be better terms for the higher-end card). I'll see if I can find it

DoC is reporting that Office Depot/Office Max stores are offering a $15 instant discount when you buy $300 in Mastercard gift cards, valid 8/18 – 8/24/19.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...ift-cards-save-15-when-you-buy-300-8-18-8-24/
OD/OM sells fixed denomination MCGCs up to $200, which has — if I remember correctly — a $6.95 activation fee. I think the $100 MCGC has a $5.95 activation fee, but you won’t earn as many points buying $200 and $100 MCGCs, and multiple $100 MCGCs will increase your fees. To maximize this deal, it’s best to buy 2x $200 MCGCs, paying with a CIC for 5x UR at office supply stores.

$206.95 x 2 = $413.90 - $15 = $398.90 (a $1.10 discount off face value) x 5x UR = 1,994.5 UR

Note that historically, OD/OM sells Metabank-issued MCGCs that process on Plastiq as debit for a 1% fee. (Double check the packaging if this is your liquidation plan.)

I’ll defer to others about MO/Serve liquidation options.

While MCGCs are not as preferred as VGCs for MS, these $15 off deals are as good as they get, so act fast or expect your store(s) to be picked clean.

damn... i missed this today... :(

You are right 6 hrs for CSR....the delays are horrible ..my son-in law is an air traffic controller and the weather all over has been causing them

Thanks. I remember reading 6 hours for CSR (which we used, flights booked using UR points on my husband's CSR). So we're just under that. For now.

You are right 6 hrs for CSR....the delays are horrible ..my son-in law is an air traffic controller and the weather all over has been causing them

That sounds like a more solid answer than what I found. A couple folks said they thought it was 6 hours for the CSR (plus somehow I lost their quotes)

I was hoping for 5-7 nights, just depending what kind of deal I could find. I just looked at AP rates and there is hardly anything available those 3 weeks. I didn't check regular rates. Good idea to start with flights. I will look at those and submit a magical rate request too.
Is the info in magical rates on the reddit page? I have CBR reserved dec. 6-8 for my birthday and my nieces 1st birthday/ 1st trip. I’ve only been able to get a Pirate room and really want a 5th person room. I’m very excited for this trip as I have 4 boys so going with a little girl is going to be :cloud9:princess:

So when in December do you think I should do Disney? That trip will be all the kids, hopefully. I was planning on the week of the 15th, but by DS9 and DD3 state that they want their bdays at home. :oops: Their bdays are the 19th and 21st.
I want full blown Christmas mode going on, so after Thanksgiving please. I like to celebrate one holiday at a time. :D
This thread might be of unfortunate interest All WDW Hotels Sold Out Between 12/4-12/11? I’ve seen numerous complaints of the lack of availability over and near Pop Warner time since early summer, it seems to be worse than in the past. Maybe a magical rate will get you around that. A wedding definitely would.... Imho you’ll have to run dual air/hotel searches instead of being able to book just air and then figure out the hotel.

Is the info in magical rates on the reddit page? I have CBR reserved dec. 6-8 for my birthday and my nieces 1st birthday/ 1st trip. I’ve only been able to get a Pirate room and really want a 5th person room. I’m very excited for this trip as I have 4 boys so going with a little girl is going to be :cloud9:princess:
Yes

Good trade! :D

Are you gonna get First Haircut at MK?

DVC has 5 studios and 5 one bedrooms, that sleep 5, if interested (dunno about availability)

All these flight delay reports are making me a bit nervous. We fly out for our adult only trip Wednesday night. 😬

ETA: We have priority pass this trip. Are the lounges at SEA worth going to? We've never had lounge access before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts