I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So applied today and got a SM with the following

“Thank you for your recent application. Before we can proceed, please advise as to the intended nature of your deposit relationship with Great Southern Bank, specifically the reason for establishing a new account when a prior account was opened on July 18, 2019, and balance subsequently transferred out/account brought to a negligible balance shortly thereafter.”

:oops: Now what? Try to fake my way through?

Oh, no!! I don't know if I could fake my way through that. I think if it were me I'd just let it go. Can you still manage your MSR without it? I'll have to revise my plan going forward.

@Judique I had a Sheraton package that I paid for and did not use. They kept calling too (they still call almost a year later). They would not extend without numerous fees. I wouldn’t buy one again. It does not seem like a deal to me when life happens and you have to make changes and then lack the freedom and have excessive fees.

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to do here. Name one place you've travelled to that you wouldn't return. For me it would be the Bahamas. Been there, done that. Not impressed. There are much better islands in the Carribean to visit such as Turks and Caicos, Aruba and Grand Cayman.

The blog responders said :Thailand, Dubai, Qatar, Bahamas and Ireland.

By the time I just caught up on this thread you all have mentioned almost all my never again places! Sad but true I think there are more places I hate then love.

Mentioned more than once choices absolutely agree with are Bahamas, Mexico, Las Vegas.

No doubt unpopular but how I feel is Hawaii and Southern California. It just does not appeal to me at all. I go there and just want to get home and see my mountains!

Not mentioned yet but definitely on my list is Puerto Rico. We stayed with my brother in law and his family so I feel like we definitely gave it a chance.

Eventually I would love to go back to Scotland and Iceland. I am ambivalent about returning to France, England, Ireland or Germany.

I guess that is why right now it is just cheaper to keep going back to WDW! :)

So applied today and got a SM with the following

“Thank you for your recent application. Before we can proceed, please advise as to the intended nature of your deposit relationship with Great Southern Bank, specifically the reason for establishing a new account when a prior account was opened on July 18, 2019, and balance subsequently transferred out/account brought to a negligible balance shortly thereafter.”

:oops: Now what? Try to fake my way through?
Oh wow! I feel like maybe you can fake your through it this one time only but you should do some legit bill pays and DDs in case they keep an eye on your account- if they let you open it. The risk is they let you open it and then decide it was a bad decision and freeze your funds while they investigate. That gets messy. You eventually get your money back but it’s stress most people would like to avoid.

Jeeze, I hope the medicine wasn't for depression!

Saw this on the news last year. Because of the negotiated deals between drug & insurance companies, and some law, pharmacies are not allowed to tell you when it would be cheaper just to pay cash than your deductible, unless YOU specifically ask. I thought they were doing away with that law?

Ha! Good thing it wasn't for depression!

I hadn't heard of that law. It makes me irate that our system makes it so difficult for people to obtain the health care they need. No wonder we consistently rank low compared to other developed countries.

Ugh. I just realized I have a Chiro appt Thurs at 10:30 and when do I need to check in for my flights? 10:55. All 6 separate tickets. No one else in this family is capable of handling it. I mean, they'll all have the app on their phones for the rest of the checkins, but I'll be there to tell them what to do and moreso WHEN to do it.

I need that appt before we leave so I'm guess I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can change it.

I rarely use reddit - only have an account to occasionally visit dischurners there. I just went over there and - "Uh oh! We have suspended your account due to suspicious activity. Not to worry. You can continue using Reddit by resetting your password." In order to do that I need to have them email me and they have my old email that I no longer have access to. I guess I forgot to switch that one over when I switched email provider last year. I emailed reddit and hopefully will be able to get into my account. If not, I may deactivate and get a new one....

Last edited:
AmEx offer for Select Meal Kits
10% back up to $20, expires 10/31

Offer valid only for online purchases made with Plated, Hello Fresh, and Blue Apron. Excludes international versions of merchant websites and branded meal kits or merchandise purchased at third party retailers. For Plated, the Plated Cookbook is excluded. For Hello Fresh, Hello Fresh Wines and Hello Fresh Go are excluded. For Blue Apron, gift cards and corporate transactions are excluded.

I also see one for Home Chef and don't remember if that's new or not. I had the extra MR point one before and I see this one now -
Spend $45+ get $10 back, x4, expires 11/11

AmEx offer for Select Meal Kits
10% back up to $20, expires 10/31

Offer valid only for online purchases made with Plated, Hello Fresh, and Blue Apron. Excludes international versions of merchant websites and branded meal kits or merchandise purchased at third party retailers. For Plated, the Plated Cookbook is excluded. For Hello Fresh, Hello Fresh Wines and Hello Fresh Go are excluded. For Blue Apron, gift cards and corporate transactions are excluded.

I also see one for Home Chef and don't remember if that's new or not. I had the extra MR point one before and I see this one now -
Spend $45+ get $10 back, x4, expires 11/11
I don't have this one. I do have Home Chef (2 actually) and Sun Basket. I want this one as I use Hello Fresh.

I liked Niagara Falls, but just because of the falls. We spent like 8 hours there.

Mine are Portland, OR (just seedy, holy homeless population, I think I walked past the local methadone clinic on my way to voodoo donuts). And I used to hand out in the east village of manhattan in the late 90s as a high school student.

New Orleans- been there, ate some food, got a hangover, thanks I’m done.

And unpopular opinion- Venice. Loved Florence, would go back to Rome and Tuscany in second, but Venice to me was just blah.
Interesting opinions. We are scheduled to skip Florence. What did you like about it?

For me, Singapore. We went on a family trip there to visit family friends when I was a teenager and stayed for ten nights, I think. It was great the first four days or so but ten nights was way too long for what is basically just a city on an island. Then we went to Tokyo to meet up with my family stationed in Iwakuni and spent a grand total of one day there, which is NOT enough time! Crazy Rich Asians did tempt me to go back but I am resisting.
Singapore looks so nice in pictures. Between Chiangi airport where the Jewel is and the Gardens by the Bay, I would love to go. I’d also love to go to Malaysia.

Thinking about our recent japan trip, we probably wouldn’t go back to Kyoto again. We absolutely loved Tokyo and Osaka was cool but Kyoto was very crowded with lots of rude tourists. Another would be Jamaica. I went with my family for my brother’s senior trip with a large group of people and I don’t think I’ll ever be back. It was dirty and the people were super sketchy.
I agree that Jamaica is overhyped and not somewhere I would return.

Annual fee for my Amex Bonvoy Biz posted and it is $95. I believe I had a waived annual fee on my app, end of July 2018 as I can't see any annual fee on previous statements. I guess they will get me for $125 next time around, but I was happy to see just $95 on this one because with all the previous speculation I thought I was going to be hit with $125.

In other Amex news I cleaned up my offers by adding them to all my cards. Very little has shown since then. It's almost depressing to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter