I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got the "
Thank you for your request.
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your application.

We will provide you more detailed information in 7-10 days that explains the reasons for this decision."

From my CIP application. I'm not under 5/24 until 11/19. Considering I've gotten 2 mailers for the CIP now w/ invite codes I felt like I MIGHT have gotten a loophole, but it's not looking that way. So do I want to wait the 7-10 days before I go for the Hilton Biz card? After I finished my Citi #2 MSR, I was going to go for the CIP and then the Hilton Biz. If the CIP is out of the picture, yet again, then I want to get the Hilton Biz.
I'm also curious what the status line says about your app. IMO, I'd wait to see what the letter says, if the status line also says 7-10 days. Maybe there is an opportunity to recon.

It was on the screen after I applied.
That means nothing. All pending apps say that. Call the automated status line - that’s the message you want to know...

EDIT: ok I’ll read again - this was a straight up hard denial. No dice... (status line at least can help confirm that too)

Last edited:
So do I call the status line about it? Or do I wait for the letter and then call? I kinda wanted to get the next card before I head to Vegas in 3 weeks, but I guess I can hold out.

That means nothing. All pending apps say that. Call the automated status line - that’s the message you want to know...
Do your pending apps really say 7-10 days? I don't think mine do. I can't remember now but I feel like mine says 'we need more time' kind of thing.

Last edited:

i dont quite get this... it says right underneath we were unable to approve your app... doesnt it say we need more time?
Yeah that’s a good point. This was a slightly stronger message. I still place no stock in the screen message though. It seems this is a clear denial and I’m guessing it’s due to 5/24 as those kind of mailers were not something that can bypass 5/24.

Do your pending apps really say 7-10 days? I don't think mine do. I can't remember now but I feel like mine says 'we need more time' kind of thing.
Yeah - this one was worded stronger than normal - I honestly didn’t even read the post because status line trumps screen message in my mind. This was unfortunately a denial before the app was submitted 🤣 😢

But Fred's is more than a grocery store, they have clothes, electronics, toys, fishing gear, a garden dept etc and I think it's the only chain like that that Kroger owns.
Sounds like HEB, which I call the Walmart of grocery stores :)

I may be switching mine to United come 2020!

I will use up all the JetBlue $$$ between my October and December trips. Now that JetBlue has dropped Coca-Cola products I have NO allegiance 😂 I also plan on flying to LAX in Oct 2020 on United so it may help. That is unless I fly first class :scratchin I do see some of those Dreamliners from my airport for Oct 2019 😍

Just be sure to check DPs before selecting United or paying for an upgrade to first. I've read economy to first may not credit because it's a change in fare class and not merely a seat assignment fee.

I called and got "your application is being reviewed, you'll get something in writing in 7-10 business days"

biz card right?
Call the regular CSR line and ask them to see your file. they can usually see why u were denied.
remember, regular CSR line, NOT recon.

edit: yeah, 90% sure its a 5/24 denial. invite codes dont work, a friend of mine tried that in branch. only way around 5/24 right now is black star target in Offers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter