I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversation starter: do you value simplicity at all? Do you think you would earn as many rewards with fewer cards but more focused spending or do you enjoy the chase of new bonuses? Do you value not having to log into several different accounts and remembering due dates or do you think this is just part of the trade-off?

I'm trying to keep it simple in that I use my CIC for 5x at Staples/Office on VGC and CF for the same on 5x when possible. I've cleaned up the few Marriott points AMEX points on a couple recent stays. I'm thinking of closing my CIU and applying for another one down the road. Because there is still definitely some excitement in getting a new card with a new bonus.

Ugh, I also feel this way about Target. My local store has been remodeled so many times since the mannequins rolled out. I also get extremely annoyed that a majority of the things I buy are cheaper online. I used to go to Guest Service and price match half my order to Target.com. Now I basically only shop Target online and use the stores to return things. It is sad it has come to that. I used to LOVE walking through Target. It just isn't the same 😞
I could not agree more! A thumbs up was not enough.

I'm so interested in this Target conversation. I don't know that there's been a tremendous amount of remodeling or anything in my stores, but if anything I have found that Target has actually gotten a lot better. I never would've bought clothes from them before and now I frequently shop there for clothing. I've always loved their housewares and bought most of the stuff in our house there a couple years ago haha.

I applied for the AmEx Bonbon card and the TD Aeroplan Visa and was instantly approved for both! The Visa card will be here in 3-5 business days; no word on when the AmEx will arrive. Now have to meet $4,000.00 MSR (of which almost $1,000.00 will be met with the hydro bill). Will have to be a bit more creative with the remainder (groceries, restaurants {gas is covered by dhs corporate card}) and who knows what else.

Hoping AmEx can't relate my US and Cdn accounts -- since I used my Cdn SIN (equivalent to a SSN) and my Cdn address I don't think they should be able to -- unless they track by the bonbon number, which of course is the same. I can be a lot slower with Cdn churning since I only spend a lot of time here in the summer (and visit about once a month during the remainder of the year).

8x United miles/$ at Apple on the United MileagePlus Shopping portal today only.

WEDH.gif

This is awful for everyone involved. I would never take my 2yo to the theater; at this age, he's just not ready. I have been thinking about taking my 4yo for her 1st theater experience, but maybe I'll hold off a little longer...
We have been doing the $4 summer movie program on Wednesdays at 10am. AMC and it is $4 each for movie (older one) and popcorn/drink/fruit snacks per person.
There are a lot of kids there so it would be a good time to try it out and see how your kids do. Our first one in a june was the first time my DD3 1/2 went to a movie and I was pleasantly surprised so we’ve gone almost every week. But if your kids are antsy and you have to leave, at least you are only out a few bucks.

Can someone help me with my Barclay Aviator card? When I look at my account online it has 2 numbers - a company account and my card number. Both have the same credit limit but different amounts for available credit. I don't see the purchase made on the employee card at all. Where do I find that? I usually pay my bills through my bank bill pay. If I use my card number for that payment will it credit right? I'm so confused!

Can someone help me with my Barclay Aviator card? When I look at my account online it has 2 numbers - a company account and my card number. Both have the same credit limit but different amounts for available credit. I don't see the purchase made on the employee card at all. Where do I find that? I usually pay my bills through my bank bill pay. If I use my card number for that payment will it credit right? I'm so confused!

Welcome to the worst CC account management website in the industry, as far as I can tell.

Click on your profile (name) in the top-right and you can see both accounts listed, along with other profile-related stuff. Choose the Company acct to see everything, the "other" one to see spending on the employee card.

Be sure to select the company acct when making your payment so you don't underpay. So irritating!

I'm so interested in this Target conversation. I don't know that there's been a tremendous amount of remodeling or anything in my stores, but if anything I have found that Target has actually gotten a lot better. I never would've bought clothes from them before and now I frequently shop there for clothing. I've always loved their housewares and bought most of the stuff in our house there a couple years ago haha.
The latest remodel I've seen in my store has all new types of shelving in the aisles and table displays. I think they want to try and make Target look like a department store when really it is big box store. I find in my stores that these displays get thrown and dumped on and it is actually hard to find the price of an item if it is not labeled on the actual box (probably what Target wants 😒). Couple this with what definitely seems like cuts to the staffing (cashiers and sales floor employees) and my stores aren't bouncing back as fast. I also miss the days when Target did overnight replenishment. All my stores are either early morning or day side replenishment. Nothing like navigating the store with new white shelves, giant red hand baskets, and metal carts full of cardboard and pallets of products getting stocked to invite you in. Maybe this format is working for some stores, but I find it has discouraged me from shopping around and adding more things to my basket. 😞

The last remodel I liked was PFresh when fresh groceries were added. That happened in my stores around 2009/2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!