I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I always load my MCGCs into Masterpass first, then add them from the Masterpass wallet to my Plastiq account. I don't do any waiting between adding them to Masterpass and adding them to Plastiq. It's a little tedious, but it works well for me.
I just register mine now and add them to Plastiq, I haven't had trouble in a long time. Tech is weird lol.

My bad - I removed it but didn’t start a new one. Do people want to keep a MS Discussion thread on DISchurners? (I restored the old one for now which is past its 6 month window)
I would love to keep it as reference, I will eventually do this.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot pull up a support link for the CIP and for the SW cards. I was able to for other cards which is frustrating. I get this message "Thank you for visiting Chase. Our systems indicate that you already have the (Support)-A-Friend website open. Please close all browser sessions and try again." It happens even after I close everything and when I use a different browser. Has this happened to anyone else?

:badpc::badpc::badpc:
I use Chrome incognito, otherwise it doesn't work for me.

Just got the pop up on applying for the Aspire. :badpc:
I’ve been so good, with all sorts of spend on my Amex cards. Why?! Does that mean I’ll get a pop up on any other Amex card I try for?

If you want the Aspire, I'd try again periodically. [Keep up your spend, and] The pop up may clear on its own. DPs are mixed whether the pop up applies across the board to any Amex card you apply for. Some people report getting the pop up on one card, then trying for a different Amex card within a short period of time and not getting the pop up. I'm sorry the pop up hit you.

Last edited:
If you want to Aspire, I'd try again periodically. The pop up may clear on its own. DPs are mixed whether the pop up applies across the board to any Amex card you apply for. Some people report getting the pop up on one card, then trying for a different Amex card within a short period of time and not getting the pop up. I'm sorry the pop up hit you.

Thanks! I’ve been reading about everyone else getting the pop up, but never thought it would happen to ME. Don’t they know who I am? :rotfl2: Lol

Yeah, I’ll try again later. Gotta think of another biz card I can get now. Or maybe I’ll try going for the gold through the targeted email I got. I’d assume I’d have a better chance with that?

Thanks! I’ve been reading about everyone else getting the pop up, but never thought it would happen to ME. Don’t they know who I am? :rotfl2: Lol

Yeah, I’ll try again later. Gotta think of another biz card I can get now. Or maybe I’ll try going for the gold through the targeted email I got. I’d assume I’d have a better chance with that?

Who knows with Amex. :confused3

Our first trip to Iceland was with DCL for a Norway, Iceland, Scotland, England cruise. @Calfan and @CaliforniaGirl09 were on the same cruise. This was the summer of 2015 and Iceland was beautiful! We loved it and wanted to come back and see what it was like in the winter. So, we went again for Thanksgiving 2017 and I did post some pics on the old thread. I have linked those below.

This page has an excursion we did plus further down northern lights
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-495
Pics from Reykjavik
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-499
Icelandic ponies, and frozen waterfalls
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-501
Blue Lagoon and ice cave
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-502

I'm not gonna lie, it was bloody COLD!!!! Mind you we did Winter in Wyoming with ABD and had temps below zero which felt less cold than Iceland in the 20s. Yes, it was 20 something in November. I wasn't using Instagram back then so I don't have pics from the Iceland trip there. They are all on FB. One of these days I'll get around to posting some latergrams LOL While Iceland in the winter is lovely and worth braving the cold to see the northern lights, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not seeing it in the summer. That said, I think it's an easy trip to plan. We stayed at a Hilton in Reykjavik and were upgraded to club level since we were gold at the time. The Aspire card didn't exist back then. We ate most of our meals in the club lounge which was perfect! Food is expensive in Iceland. There are plenty of tour operators and lots to do.

I think you could knock out 2 birds with one stone and do both Hawaii and DLR. This is what we are doing with my family next summer. I've only got a week to work with. The plan is roughly to fly out on a Friday after work, arrive in LAX and transfer to DLR. Spend the weekend at DLR, fly out to HNL on Monday morning, stay 4 or maybe 5 nights at Aulani. Fly back to LAX on Friday stay one night fly out to Florida on Saturday so we have Sunday to recuperate. I'm only doing this because none of them are well traveled and I think putting them through 11 hours of flying all in one shot would be too much. So. I'm breaking it up a bit on each end. If it were just DH and I, we'd fly out straight to HNL and then back to LAX on Wed and stay 3 nights for DLR and then fly home.
We did this cruise the following year and it was 72 degrees and sunny in Iceland.. I’ve had friends that went in the winter and really enjoyed it. It’s one of the few places I’ve been on a cruise that I’d like to go back and do a land trip.

So I’m still trying to figure out how to do this myself. I can get my flights and my hotels cheap, but it seems as if I’m always paying OOP for the tickets. Which isn’t a big deal, and may even be where some of your OOP expense is coming from. But if not, is it from gift card churning or something. Bc at least right now, there’s not a point system I can utilize to buy Disney tix right?! Thanks for any insight!
I opened three different cards and used the bonuses to cover our tickets. Two Barclay arrival+ (each had $800 cash back) and one CIP ($800 cash back or 80k URs). I covered 6 tickets this way. You’re right that there is no point system but there are cash back options!

We had a family behind us yesterday that were pretty annoying. We picked our seats in a spot where no one would be behind us and they were clearly in the wrong seats. Their seats on the screen showed them being more towards the middle, not right behind us. The girl behind me kept kicking my chair and putting her feet up. One of the other kids kept slurping his drink nonstop when obviously nothing was coming out lol. The mom just sat and said nothing
One mom kept taking the crying 2yo out but it was like she’d go out for 5 mins and come back in. Little girl would start crying and fussing again after 5 mins. Mom would go back out and then come back quickly. She did that the entire movie (which is a long-for-littles, 2 hours long) and I wanted to say, “sorry you paid for tickets but you’re disrupting an entire theater of people who paid for tickets. You need to leave and stay out!” But she was only one of several disruptive families. I’m pretty tolerant of kids being kids, even in a movie, but this was just extreme. And yes, bad parents who should have handled the situations better 🙄

:offtopic: Is the new lion king movie good? Hearing mixed reviews. I’m wanting to see it but news wasn’t saying very positive reviews. Trying to figure when we can see it before DH surgery

Back on topic
I can close AA citi biz through chat now that my statement shows the bonus points correct? Thinking I’ll get DH a card since his surgery will knock out the spend.
Saw it last night. OMG! SO GOOD! Like @DisneyMandC said, something like 80% of the movie is a shot-for-shot remake of the original, but in a good way. The hyenas are more menacing. Timon and Pumba are so much funnier! Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner are simply amazing in this movie. The jokes are updated, there are some unexpected moments and in-jokes. My wife and I were laughing so much and we went into the movie dreading it after the negative and lukewarm reviews. Super happy to hear James Earl Jones as Mufasa again. The man has the voice of a king. Chiwetel Ejiofor is great as Scar. My kiddo was on the edge of her seat and really engaged with the movie after saying she wasn’t that excited to see it.
I thought The Lion King was great! I have liked all of the Disney live action remakes so far, for whatever that's worth.
DW saw it opening day and loved it.
Dh and I finally saw Aladdin last night and both of us really liked it! I think we’re gonna go see lion king today. We need to catch up on our movies.
Saw lion king yesterday. We loved it! I missed the regular version of ‘Be Prepared’ and didn’t care for ‘Circle of Life’ but overall, it was well done and very intense.

Biggest issue for us was the theater was filled with families with very little ones. They were all super restless and crying, up and down constantly, running around, talking , etc. We see every Disney movie plus other kid movies and we’d never had an experience like this. It was ridiculous!
I was thinking of going and taking my grand littles - 2 and 1/2 and 3 and 1/2. You've given me quite a bit of pause. I really don't want to ruin someone else's experience, but I know we'd have to go to the bathroom at least once and we would have to sit fairly close to down front.

Older one could stay focused on her ipad for hours if allowed - she's now timed on screen time. Younger will sit with her for the youtube videos but eventually oldest will shrug her away. (No one likes someone breathing over their shoulder, lol). Youngest has a pad but it can never be found and then it always has to be charged.

We can do a weekday morning so I'll check and see if anything works. Can always just leave if they lose interest.
I think I quoted everyone that posted about Lion King HAHA

I also really enjoyed it! Yes, it was very similar to the original, but how different could it be?! It also mimics Hamlet... oh wait :rotfl:

It was visually stunning and I enjoyed getting to relive my childhood on the big screen. Timon and Pumba definitely stole the show, but I also felt that way about the original. My ONLY complaint was that I felt some parts seemed a little dark. Not like scary/eerie, just a little dark for me to appreciate how beautiful the animation was. I completely understand that it was to make shadows and night scenes realistic, but I would have been ok with them making that part a little artificial. 😂

IDC what the critics say, I like to make my own opinions and it didn't deserve the harsh reviews it got!

One mom kept taking the crying 2yo out but it was like she’d go out for 5 mins and come back in. Little girl would start crying and fussing again after 5 mins. Mom would go back out and then come back quickly. She did that the entire movie (which is a long-for-littles, 2 hours long) and I wanted to say, “sorry you paid for tickets but you’re disrupting an entire theater of people who paid for tickets. You need to leave and stay out!” But she was only one of several disruptive families. I’m pretty tolerant of kids being kids, even in a movie, but this was just extreme. And yes, bad parents who should have handled the situations better 🙄
UGH so annoying! I lucked out and had a much better theater than Toy Story 4. The only time I heard a little kid (no spoilers) was when Mufasa died and Simba kept yelling "Dad!" A little girl also loudly said "Dad!" during the silence. It was actually kinda funny and lightened up the sad scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!